We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
I'm getting bored of breaking through on DMT :'-( please help me! Options

Mike3620
#1 Posted : 11/4/2017 5:57:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm getting bored of DMT, the breakthroughs into hyperspace no longer excite me. Sad Nexians, please help me figure out what I can do to get my excitement back. New drugs to try, new method to use DMT, and also non-drug suggestions are welcomed. If you know of a drug more potent than NN-DMT that will take me to a place more awesome than DMT hyperspace, please tell me. Link me to Erowid and Tripsit.me so I can research the drug and see if I want to use it. How is a 5-meo-DMT trip, will it bring back the magic that DMT used to give me. How about AMT, will it show me awesome stuff to kill my boredom. I'm also open to non-drug suggestions such as different meditation techniques. I tried DPT, but it was just like LSD and not as magical as DMT. I'll try a McKenna dose of shrooms next to see if that kills my boredom. Sad

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

null24
#2 Posted : 11/4/2017 6:27:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Every thing you say in your post screams "drug addiction". A popular misconception concerning psychedelics is that they are somehow immune to having addictive properties.

If you are consuming them to help you advance in life somehow then you would not be having the issue you are. In fact, in my personal experience, the less I consume the more I get done as far as inner work goes.

I strongly disadvise using 5meo anything and my personal answer to your question is to seek something else. You are pretty young, no?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Mindlusion
#3 Posted : 11/4/2017 6:34:09 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Only boring people get bored
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Mike3620
#4 Posted : 11/4/2017 8:45:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm am 41 years old. I have High Functioning Autism aka Asperger's Syndrome and I was hoping that psychedelics could help me better relate to other people so I could become more social and get a better paying job, and eventually a wife. I was using DMT to try and help me deal with the isolation and boredom I feel because of my Autism.

My boredom is extream closer to feel apathetic about everything.

I am filled with apathy, angst, nihilistic and existential dread--a feeling the life has no meaning.

DMT used to make me feel I was returning home and got rid of my extreme feeling of boredom; DMT is no longer doing that, what can I do to get rid of my extreme feeling of boredom, I am all out of options.

I don't know if my Autism has anything to do with my boredom is if my extreme boredom is something normal people also feel,

Mike3620
#5 Posted : 11/4/2017 8:47:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Every thing you say in your post screams "drug addiction". A popular misconception concerning psychedelics is that they are somehow immune to having addictive properties.

I have addiction problems. I was a binge drinker, drinking up to 2 liters of Vodka a night when I went on a binge, in the past. Now I guess I'd be a binge tripper taking over 10 grams of shrooms so I could break through.

aruse
#6 Posted : 11/4/2017 9:17:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Man, I feel you on the boredom. I've had it all my life, and yet i'm not sure if it is a choice or not. It's not helpful when people tell me I choose to be bored. My research says boredom is either caused by something being either too hard or too easy. I too may have some autism, idk, never diagnosed, I feel weird, I know people with Asperger's and they don't seem too outside the norm of the people I interact with everywhere.

Mike, for what it's worth and from my experience i'll agree, you sound a little drug addicted. I am working on my own drug issues now for a very long time. I wouldn't say i'm addicted anymore but something is still missing for me without the drugs. You also sound, sorry for my a-hole of an opinion (it's meant to only help), perhaps you have some anxiety. We all have anxiety but some have more then others.

I've been learning about personality types reading Myers/Briggs and my new favorite, Enneagrams. The Ennea type 6 is also the most anxious of the types, it's a harder type to test though. We all have our pluses and minus and things to work on. There are many ways to approach it and I am no expert. I like Enneagrams because they are not putting you in a box but showing the box we fall into out of habit and how to realize our diversity of characteristics that overlap with everyone else's.

Other then Enneagrams I look to lists like, 7 things to work on to be happy (I made up this title), the 8-fold path, 8 limbs of yoga, etc. I'm merely suggesting becoming more balanced by strengthening what is weak and learning what else we as beings Are and need, not just as human beings. I believe anyway, that we are 3 parts, is-ness, consciousness, joy, and all 3 parts need to be addressed.

You might be bored breaking through because you are expecting something particular our of it and not getting it.

What about maybe volunteering to help others with Asperger's? Then you would be doing something for others, interacting with relatable people, and perhaps learning what is normal and different ways others deal with it? Maybe this service doesn't exist.. But I'm trying similar idea. Next volunteer gig I may help with mental or physically disabled people because I often feel in a way a little disabled too.

Running Bear
#7 Posted : 11/5/2017 6:57:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you ever thought of getting a pet dog? If you're isolated and have Autism then I'm sure you're lonely. I think a dog would really help you...

Just_Floating
#8 Posted : 11/5/2017 7:40:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How about partaking in some new hobby.. join a gym? go to a concert? call up an old friend and hang out?

I just hope I never get to be where you are with your position on drugs and how they don't really affect you positively anymore. There are some thing that I overdo but I do realize that moderation is key in everything. Its like having a tolerance build up. You just gotta walk it out and do something else for maybe a little while..

Make some personal changes right now, challenge yourself again.. Wink

Gowpen
#9 Posted : 11/5/2017 12:57:50 PM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

Mike3620 wrote:
I'm am 41 years old. I have High Functioning Autism aka Asperger's Syndrome and I was hoping that psychedelics could help me better relate to other people so I could become more social and get a better paying job, and eventually a wife. I was using DMT to try and help me deal with the isolation and boredom I feel because of my Autism.

My boredom is extream closer to feel apathetic about everything. Yes, welcome home. I too feel this way at times, but I have found many fun and interesting coping strategies.

I am filled with apathy, angst, nihilistic and existential dread--a feeling the life has no meaning. Why ? Lets start here

DMT used to make me feel I was returning home and got rid of my extreme feeling of boredom; DMT is no longer doing that, what can I do to get rid of my extreme feeling of boredom, I am all out of options. Get a bicycle (Really) see R.D. Lang (Author)

I don't know if my Autism has anything to do with my boredom (seek advice) is if my extreme boredom is something normal people also feel,Yes, it is quite common, normal, what is that. Yes you will have to learn to cope with that. Love is good, get a dog as mentioned. Report back please Smile

Kind Regards G
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

null24
#10 Posted : 11/6/2017 3:31:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thank you for clarifying. I was not trying to offend (I don't think).I recognized myself in your post , that's all.

I can't speak to the aspergers, but I do know folks with it and I can understand your isolation. I'm not sure how to conquer your boredom and isolation, but with your history, perhaps a stronger or more drugs are not the answer.

There are good suggestions on the above posts. I to feel boredom and isolation due to certain things ace these suggestions seem helpful to me.

Above all, be good to you. Peace, friend.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Mike3620
#11 Posted : 11/7/2017 2:59:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Someone on another self-help forum brought up Existential Depression/Existential Crisis as what I might have. When I looked into what I always worry about this seems to fit me since I was a kid. It is weird because I am always smiling and happy, I always thought depression meant sad, but I am a worrier and worry about the meaning of life--which is what made me decide to journey with the plants, I wanted answers.

I am going to try to work with a Zen Teacher to help me learn how to center myself without the use of drugs. Does anyone else have any ideas about how I could deal with what is called the Dark Night of the Soul or a Spiritual/Existential Emergency?

I have always focused on Nihilistic Philosophies from as long as I can remember.

pitubo
#12 Posted : 11/7/2017 4:21:15 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Mike3620 wrote:
Does anyone else have any ideas about how I could deal with what is called the Dark Night of the Soul or a Spiritual/Existential Emergency?

You will have to eat your way through it. Smile and take the plunge. Be prepared to throw all overboard, but hold life sacred. Question everything, including your questions. Your living body will guide you through. At the other end you will see the sense of it all, when sense has come to life again. In the mean time, try not to hurt yourself and other people unnecessarily. Though, be prepared to fend off those who are hurting you, even though they may not understand what they are doing (this may include yourself.)

Mike3620 wrote:
I have always focused on Nihilistic Philosophies from as long as I can remember.

That is the callsign of vital depression, the retreat into mind. Find back the living body and its ever unpredictable but vital emotions.

starway6
#13 Posted : 11/10/2017 3:10:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

go beyond the drug experiance.. and learn to lucid dream...

About 1,220,000 results (0.60 seconds)
Search Results
How To Lucid Dream In 5 Minutes - YouTube
Video for learn to lucid dream..you tube▶ 9:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBHhOrqQKUw
Nov 25, 2015 - Uploaded by Tipharot
You'll learn easy Lucid Dreaming rather than being given one of the harder techniques right off the bat ...
People also ask
How do you train yourself to lucid dream?
How do you lucid dream for beginners?
How can I make myself have a lucid dream?
Is it safe to lucid dream?
Feedback
How to Lucid Dream - YouTube
Video for learn to lucid dream..you tube▶ 1:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llw717IARpQ
Dec 29, 2008 - Uploaded by Howcast
Watch more Dreams & Dream Interpretation videos: http://www.howcast.com/videos/35924-How-to-Lucid ...
Learn How to Lucid Dream Instantly Tonight First Time ... - YouTube
Video for learn to lucid dream..you tube▶ 4:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2edCIJQPjMo
Apr 24, 2014 - Uploaded by Mark Mauvais
Have you ever wondered How to Lucid Dream? Ever wished that you were able to control or manipulate ...
Learn as I Learn: Lucid Dreaming, Part 1 - YouTube
Video for learn to lucid dream..you tube▶ 10:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bii9XN50KCU
Jan 7, 2015 - Uploaded by GizEdwards
The first episode of the series, I hope you enjoy it! Very happy Don't forget to check out the links below!! Sleep Cycles ...
How to Lucid Dream For Beginners - YouTube
Video for learn to lucid dream..you tube▶ 4:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQvBetAEBRU
Feb 26, 2017 - Uploaded by Tipharot
This is a simple beginner guide showing you how to have lucid dreams with no ... Advanced Lucidity - Learn ...
Guided Meditation For Lucid Dreams, Lucid dreaming ... - YouTube
Video for learn to lucid dream..you tube▶ 20:47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYduGpYREOM
Jun 30, 2014 - Uploaded by Sleep Easy Relax - Sleep Meditation Music
This is a guided meditation visualization to help you have lucid dreams. It's a great way to learn how to ...
How To Lucid Dream - YouTube
Video for learn to lucid dream..you tube▶ 3:03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kJ5-ad5Mvk
Feb 22, 2010 - Uploaded by Videojug
Although some people naturally have the ability to lucid dream, most have to learn and develop the technique ...
Learning to Lucid Dream - YouTube
Video for learn to lucid dream..you tube▶ 13:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfCCF40by-A
Jun 28, 2012 - Uploaded by Good Mythical Morning
Rhett tries lucid dreaming again, and he meets Michael Jordan. Good Mythical Morning Episode 123 ...
Learn lucid dreaming: part 1 - YouTube
Video for learn to lucid dream..you tube▶ 6:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrV4vEDPkB0
Oct 28, 2007 - Uploaded by lucidipedia
Please visit http://www.snoozon.com to check out our 30-day Online Course in Lucid Dreaming! Sweet dreams ...
Lucid Dreaming! (and How to Do It) - YouTube
Video for learn to lucid dream..you tube▶ 9:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJFujtC5nYs
Jul 5, 2015 - Uploaded by Koi Fresco
We'll be going over what it is, a brief history on it, and how, using a very simple yet effective method, how to ...
Ad
Lucid Dream Masterclass - Andrew Holecek’s #1 Method‎
Adcourses.mindvalleyacademy.com/luciddreaming/freeclass‎
Fool-Proof Techniques For Upgrading Your Entire Life. Register For Class Now
Limited Times Available · Reserve Spot · 24/7 Support · Bonus Content · Free Webinar

antares
#14 Posted : 11/19/2017 9:36:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It sounds to me like you are trying to fill your life with external input of one sort or the other to compensate for deep seated issues that have remained unaddressed.

The external input way of dealing with it is a very western way of dealing with this. It can be with alcohol, drugs, sex, career drive, money seeking etc etc etc. In the east people used to turn to religion and become a monk but this has changed considerably with globalization.

I would suggest that a good place to start would be to recognise that the answers to your problems are not going to come from outside but from deep within you. If deep meditation is difficult because of your autism, I would suggest going into complete isolation for a week or two. The kind of isolation where you have nothing but two small meals a day and nothing to see, hear or do and no one two talk to. Sort of like what a Hindu or Buddhist monk would do in a Himalayan cave. After a few hours or days of boredom, you will have nothing to do but look inside your mind and dissect all the issues you are trying to smother.

Mike3620
#15 Posted : 11/20/2017 12:55:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
That is the callsign of vital depression, the retreat into mind. Find back the living body and its ever unpredictable but vital emotions.

The retreat into my mind sounds like autism/Aserperger's to me or is their something different in vital depression. How do I find my living body? Could joining a normal Christian church do this, or do I need to do some type of bodywork like Yoga? If you have some advice on how to deal with vital depression, psychopathy, autism, ocd, or whatever it is that I have that is driving my addictive behaviors please help me out.

Mike3620
#16 Posted : 11/20/2017 1:01:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

antares wrote:
I would suggest that a good place to start would be to recognise that the answers to your problems are not going to come from outside but from deep within you. If deep meditation is difficult because of your autism, I would suggest going into complete isolation for a week or two. The kind of isolation where you have nothing but two small meals a day and nothing to see, hear or do and no one two talk to. Sort of like what a Hindu or Buddhist monk would do in a Himalayan cave. After a few hours or days of boredom, you will have nothing to do but look inside your mind and dissect all the issues you are trying to smother.

I think I was hoping that psychedelics were going to get me get deep within myself. I'm too busy because of work and life to go on a long isolation retreat, would Zen sitting help me.

Mike3620
#17 Posted : 11/20/2017 1:37:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Running Bear wrote:
get a dog

I can't own any animals where I live now. :-(

I plan on getting a cat when I move (but I live in a rent-reduced place for recovering alcoholics, so I can't afford to move right now); I assume this will give me the same benefits that a dog would give me.

If I owned a pet, I probably wouldn't be tripping so often.

On a plus note, psychedelics killed my <3 of alcohol so I no longer abuse alcohol.

Northerner
#18 Posted : 11/20/2017 1:57:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You're not alone with these are classic symptoms of depression my friend. I've experienced them and so have 1000000's of others. DMT cannot help you with this though.

Good food and exercise are the best cure for these feelings. Psychedelics will exacerbate them.

Turn making and eating food into an act of love and then commit to being active. These two things are key serotonin creators in humans. They are the most natural things to derive pleasure and happiness from, even little children find these two things more pleasurable above all else. It's pretty basic stuff but as adults we can sometimes forget the basics, somehow.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

dreamer042
#19 Posted : 11/20/2017 4:28:20 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Excellent advice above. Absolutely take up a daily meditation practice and focus and eating well and exercising. Get out more, take a yoga or tai chi or ju jitsu class, go for walks or hikes, volunteer to help one of your many understaffed local non profit organizations. The best way to avoid complacency is to push yourself out of your comfort zone.

Smoked DMT is a bit of roller coaster ride, doesn't allow a lot of time to find meaning or root out personal issues. Have you tried taking DMT orally with harmalas? (assuming you are not on contraindicated medications) You might find more depth and meaning in those experiences, but using psychedelics to escape boredom in general is asking for trouble. Take time to integrate each experience and consider how you can apply the insights gleaned in those experiences as direct action to manifest your intentions and meet your personal goals.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Zilsk
#20 Posted : 11/20/2017 7:10:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Mike,

May I suggest finding a Tibetan Singing Bowl meditation class in your area. The beautiful healing energy of the bowls can to take you deep, and help release blockages you didn't even know you had. It is a very effective form of meditation for beginners or people who have trouble focusing because all you need to do is listen to the sound of the bowls and the vibrations will do the rest!

You will find a ton of videos on youtube if you'd like to check it out, but I highly recommend finding a class so that you can be in the room with the healing energy. You could even get a bowl yourself to play at home, just make sure you are getting a proper handmade healing bowl and not a machine made bowl.

12NEXT