We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
High levels of Salvinorin A. discovered in Salvia Recognita and others. Options

JP
#1 Posted : 11/1/2017 1:27:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I ran across this thread on share the seeds. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Salvia recognita in particular

Here's the Share the Seeds thread.

http://sharetheseeds.me/...m/index.php?topic=4835.0
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Aum_Shanti
#2 Posted : 11/2/2017 10:54:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Really interesting.

Attached the corresponding paper.

I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

#3 Posted : 11/2/2017 11:11:14 AM

Psilosopher

Wow, very interesting indeed, thanks for sharing. This is the first I hear about any other plant containing salvinorin A.
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

Drowning-man
#4 Posted : 11/2/2017 12:13:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So how are those yields compared to salvia D.?
Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. REVELATIONS 22:1-2(Holy Bible)

Aum_Shanti
#5 Posted : 11/2/2017 12:17:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Unfortunately significantly lower. The paper indicated values for S. Divinorum at 0.89 to 3.70 mg/g (dry) vs 0.21 mg/g for S.Recognita.

But e.g. if Salvia Recognita would be a better grower or easier to grow climate and seed wise, it could still be interesting for extraction.

It certainly is easier and cheaper to get some S. Recognita seeds...

A description I found about S. Recognita:
Quote:
(Turkish Cliff Sage) Spring into early summer, Turkish Cliff Sage produces erect, branching flower spikes 24 to 36 inches long that rise from basal foliage. They’re covered with whorls of pale pink blossoms with delicate white markings.

Salvia recognita is endemic to Central Turkey, which means that is the only place where it originates in the wild. It's found at the base of cliffs at altitudes up to 4,000 feet where heat tolerance and drought resistance are necessary for survival. Long silky hairs give the plant’s light green leaves a grayish cast and help them conserve moisture. The leaves vary in size from 3 to 12 inches long.

As a cliff dweller, this heat-tolerant sage is adjusted to rocky, dry soils. However, we’ve found that it can handle regular watering and isn’t picky about soil types except for requiring good drainage. It does well in either full sun or partial shade.

Although deer don’t consider Salvia recognita a good snack, honeybees and butterflies love it. In the ground, it can grow from 3 to 5 feet tall and 3 feet wide. So it works well as a background or border planting. With careful trimming, it also looks lovely in containers.

They indicate USDA zones 6-9. So it seems to be much tougher than S. Divinorum.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Drowning-man
#6 Posted : 11/2/2017 12:36:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Quote:

Unfortunately significantly lower. The paper indicated values for S. Divinorum at 0.89 to 3.70 mg/g (dry) vs 0.21 mg/g for S.Recognita.

But e.g. if Salvia Recognita would be a better grower or easier to grow climate and seed wise, it could still be interesting for extraction.

Quote:
(Turkish Cliff Sage) Spring into early summer, Turkish Cliff Sage produces erect, branching flower spikes 24 to 36 inches long that rise from basal foliage. They’re covered with whorls of pale pink blossoms with delicate white markings.

Salvia recognita is endemic to Central Turkey, which means that is the only place where it originates in the wild. It's found at the base of cliffs at altitudes up to 4,000 feet where heat tolerance and drought resistance are necessary for survival. Long silky hairs give the plant’s light green leaves a grayish cast and help them conserve moisture. The leaves vary in size from 3 to 12 inches long.

As a cliff dweller, this heat-tolerant sage is adjusted to rocky, dry soils. However, we’ve found that it can handle regular watering and isn’t picky about soil types except for requiring good drainage. It does well in either full sun or partial shade.

Although deer don’t consider Salvia recognita a good snack, honeybees and butterflies love it. In the ground, it can grow from 3 to 5 feet tall and 3 feet wide. So it works well as a background or border planting. With careful trimming, it also looks lovely in containers.

Thats only like 22mm per 100g. And if you have to go through the same extraction process as Salvia D., not sure it be worth it Sad
Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. REVELATIONS 22:1-2(Holy Bible)

Aum_Shanti
#7 Posted : 11/2/2017 12:43:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well if you go by the values in the paper S. Recognita has roughly about 1/4 to 1/20 the potency of S. Divinorum.

Salvia Glutinosa is even quite lower. But it is very hardy and grows wild even in central europe.
So should be easy to grow bigger plots outside even in central europe.

Jagube
#8 Posted : 11/2/2017 6:21:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Over at sharetheseeds, someone says Salvia d.'s salvinorin A content is 100 - 500 μg, which is similar to that of Salvia recognita? Maybe it was an error.

Anyway, with a plant that readily propagates by seed, there is potential for selective breeding.

Aum_Shanti
#9 Posted : 11/2/2017 6:38:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Over at sharetheseeds, someone says Salvia d.'s salvinorin A content is 100 - 500 μg, which is similar to that of Salvia recognita? Maybe it was an error.

I think that's an error, if you look at gibran2's famous extraction (https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=15587), which yielded 2.7mg/g.

Quote:
Anyway, with a plant that readily propagates by seed, there is potential for selective breeding.

That surely presents itself as an interesting option...

Ideally one would breed a potent Salvia Glutinosa strain.

JP
#10 Posted : 11/3/2017 12:47:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Well if you go by the values in the paper S. Recognita has roughly about 1/4 to 1/20 the potency of S. Divinorum.

Salvia Glutinosa is even quite lower. But it is very hardy and grows wild even in central europe.
So should be easy to grow bigger plots outside even in central europe.

Also think how many other species of Salvia could contain Salvinorin A. that haven't tested yet.

JP
#11 Posted : 11/3/2017 12:49:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Drowning-man wrote:
Aum_Shanti wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Thats only like 22mm per 100g. And if you have to go through the same extraction process as Salvia D., not sure it be worth it Sad

I'm not sure what a dose for you is, but how much work do you go through for 22 strong doses of DMT?

Mindlusion
#12 Posted : 11/3/2017 3:30:28 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I've planted some seeds of s. recognita, s. glutinosa , and one I am personally excited about, s. potentifolia.

The former will be most applicable to experiments (though it is not that difficult to convert salvinorin a to salvinorin b)

Stay tuned.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Aum_Shanti
#13 Posted : 11/3/2017 11:43:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

@Mindlusion:

Do you have any specific expectation for Salvinorin B? Or just curiosity?
Or do you plan to make one of the known (or new?) synthetic derivatives?

Mindlusion
#14 Posted : 11/5/2017 1:13:45 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
@Mindlusion:

as far as I know salvinorin B is inactive, but maybe it is active at larger doses.

I intend to try it, or perhaps it is inactive alone but has synergistic effects with the active compounds.

Additionally id like to experiment with complexing the salvinorin compounds onto something like a cyclodextrin for sublingual absorption, as has been explored on the forum previously. I am not interested in vaporizing the compounds, too terrifying/confusing.

The plan is to make synthetic derivatives, both known derivatives, and I plan to make some novel derivatives.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Aum_Shanti
#15 Posted : 11/5/2017 2:40:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That surely sounds really very interesting!

Did you just plant them now, or do they already have some size?

It really seems out of the tested ones S. Potentillifolia seems as strong as a producer as S.Divinorum of Salvinorins. And it still seems it has the potential for the B to A conversion.

I really wonder if it would be possible to breed plants, with a better B to A conversion. That would yield a plant equal to S. Divinorum in potency.

JP
#16 Posted : 11/5/2017 4:33:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mindlusion wrote:
Aum_Shanti wrote:
@Mindlusion:

as far as I know salvinorin B is inactive, but maybe it is active at larger doses.

I intend to try it, or perhaps it is inactive alone but has synergistic effects with the active compounds.

Additionally id like to experiment with complexing the salvinorin compounds onto something like a cyclodextrin for sublingual absorption, as has been explored on the forum previously. I am not interested in vaporizing the compounds, too terrifying/confusing.

The plan is to make synthetic derivatives, both known derivatives, and I plan to make some novel derivatives.

I was thinking enhanced leaf quid maybe throw it in some pouchs like chew. I'm with you on the vaporizing/smoking this, I believe something happens during metabolism changing the compound.

I'm very interested to hear the reports of an analogue.

Jagube
#17 Posted : 12/1/2017 9:09:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've just sown some S. recognita seeds in an unheated shed for cold stratification, in 3-4 weeks will move them to a heated room.

I must be very sensitive to salvinorin A, because I feel 2 dried Salvia d. leaves quidded (and 4 is too much), so even if I need 10 times more material with S. recognita it may still be viable. Its leaves may be smaller, but they seem thicker (?)

Ulim
#18 Posted : 12/1/2017 9:51:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very happy
Red circles are recognita
Rest glutinosa + 1 random seed that i have no clue what it is
Ulim attached the following image(s):
qwkZr4V.jpg (955kb) downloaded 652 time(s).

Wakinyan
#19 Posted : 12/2/2017 5:56:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some information some of you may be able to make use of.
http://journal.ashspubli...rg/content/136/1/41.full

http://agris.fao.org/agr...?recordID=US201500051434

When I graft you graft we graft

MyceliumSporeDrive
#20 Posted : 12/2/2017 9:23:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow - since Salvia Divinorum is a cultivar, S. Recognita could be infinitely more useful in the long-term as a seeding plant which grows in less hospitable climates than Southern Mexico.

Even with the lower content of Salvinorin-A, it's almost certain that, over time, people cultivating the plant will breed them to favor higher levels. (I mean, increasing THC in pot plants has become a bazillion-dollar cottage industry complete with the Cannabis Cup awards.)

This is so promising!

123NEXT»