We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
'Let food be thy medicine' ..but what about exercise? Options

#1 Posted : 10/30/2017 11:16:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

With all the known and proven benefits of continual exercise, why wouldn't you exercise? Cool Love

Just a nice reminder https://selfhacked.com/b...e-references-mechanisms/

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

AwesomeUsername
#2 Posted : 10/30/2017 12:37:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exercize is awesome. I've found that if you don't go all fanatic on it that you actually get better results. For example, people deicide they want to go to the gym on monday. At first they work their ass off, start eating extremly clean and within a week to a month they lose all motivation and go back to their old (unhealthy) habits.

What worked for me is knowing my limits and slowly but surely building it up from that point. After a while it becomes a part of your daily routine, and you get bored and don't know what to do in that one hour of free time you got, so might as well hit the gym as always.

Also, I've got a theory why it seems to have such profound benefits. More exercize means you eat more food, but because you actually use that food as fuel you get more nutrients thus more benefits from the food you eat. More nutrients can certianaly make you feel better both physically and mentally.

A healthy lifestyle is about the best thing you can do for yourself, so it won't be bad if you cheat on it once in a while but better not make a habit out of it. We all know how shity it feels to stop caring about yourself.

Cognitive Heart
#3 Posted : 10/30/2017 1:05:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exercise is essential and rewards you for your efforts. I just recently started an intensification phase. A good reminder to those who don't regularly workout. Spark up that discipline and don't forget to recover. Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

#4 Posted : 10/30/2017 1:12:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

AwesomeUsername wrote:
Exercize is awesome. I've found that if you don't go all fanatic on it that you actually get better results. For example, people deicide they want to go to the gym on monday. At first they work their ass off, start eating extremly clean and within a week to a month they lose all motivation and go back to their old (unhealthy) habits.

What worked for me is knowing my limits and slowly but surely building it up from that point. After a while it becomes a part of your daily routine, and you get bored and don't know what to do in that one hour of free time you got, so might as well hit the gym as always.

Also, I've got a theory why it seems to have such profound benefits. More exercize means you eat more food, but because you actually use that food as fuel you get more nutrients thus more benefits from the food you eat. More nutrients can certianaly make you feel better both physically and mentally.

A healthy lifestyle is about the best thing you can do for yourself, so it won't be bad if you cheat on it once in a while but better not make a habit out of it. We all know how shity it feels to stop caring about yourself.

I agree with much of what you said, especially towards the end of what you wrote, I know all too well how shitty life can become, both physiologically and mentally, when you stop becoming as active as you once were or cut out a rigorous exercise routine. Exercise has saved my life - one of those times was many years ago, over a decade ago, and ever since then i've been consistent, though there were times where I 'just didn't feel like it' ...then I started letting the excuses fly! This, that, can't this, that..all excuses, all diversion on my part. It's so easy to do nothing.. [speaking from experiences Very happy ] The other time it saved my life was more recently, and when I say 'saved me life' I mean saved me from somewhat destructive behavior, but hey, we're all human at the end of the day.

Yeah energy expenditure and metabolism can continue for many hours [up to 14 hours from one of the cited sources in the article] after a good 45min-1hr intense exercise session, so whereas one might have put on a bit of weight after eating that extra bit of grain or steak, though when you begin to fall within this pattern of intense rigorous exericse - metabolism changes, muscle is created [and in the same token you lean out in addition], and now where you stand in this scenario - when you go to eat those things your body will be able to process them much more efficiently ..than say someone who leads a much more sedentary lifestyle.

Im rambling now, could go on n on, exercise is a massive part of my life, especially now.

You know what's crazy.. is even if say hypothetically 'half' of what this article says is true ...man...exercise is probably the most profound thing we can do for our general health and well being. [cant forget the food too Very happy ] [many cited studies throughout the article, I love the fact of how well exercise is studied].

Cheers

#5 Posted : 10/30/2017 1:14:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Cognitive Heart wrote:
Exercise is essential and rewards you for your efforts. I just recently started an intensification phase. A good reminder to those who don't regularly workout. Spark up that discipline and don't forget to recover. Thumbs up

Agree completely Cog. I think these reminders are important, even if it's labeled as 'psyching oneself up' ..then man..sign me up. Anything you can do to create that first step.. Very happy

Elrik
#6 Posted : 10/30/2017 10:41:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me, exercise naturally followed good diet.
My body used to be a mess when I was eating like everyone else and I felt weak and tired all the time. Then I finally greatly improved my diet and over the course of a few months, as my body adapted, strength and stamina just seemed to flow into me and ever since then exercise has felt good and been productive.

And its very convenient now being able to easily carry around cacti that are half my weight and covered in 6 cm spines Laughing

justB612
#7 Posted : 11/1/2017 10:56:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love it, but most importantly because it is simply cheaper and easier than eating healthy. Im a terrible cook, and I'm usually all too broke (like srsly, past 3 years I usually had less than 1$ in my pocket)

Reminds me that even though life is rough I can take a cold shower, meditate, and exercise Very happy
A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.