We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can anyone ID if this is PC or not? Options

antichode
#1 Posted : 10/24/2017 9:57:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd be leaning towards not PC. Looks like the real deal to me. Eat it!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 10/24/2017 12:24:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It's got the 'gull-wing' marks above the areoles, which is a hopeful sign.

Mescaline quantification in live cacti using TLC would be the most helpful approach, if you can invest the time.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

jam-maker
#3 Posted : 10/24/2017 1:31:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the responses guys, it does have little 'v' marks around the thorns, but its more a blemish on the skin, rather than those very distinct gull shape indents I see on other cactus.

Interesting about the TLC kit on live cacti, I'll have to give that a go if I can.

Hopefully all goes well! Thumbs up
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. - Hippocrates

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 10/24/2017 3:00:03 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Yeah, those 'v'-marks are, it seems, only anecdotally significant. I'm interested because one of my cacti looks very similar to yours in terms of numerous aspects of its appearance - coloration, degree and colour of spination, aspect of the areoles (pointing slightly upwards). This summer it has developed the gull wings for the first time. This is the first summer I've put my cacti outdoors for any length of time.

Another specimen I have looks virtually identical except it hasn't developed the gull wings - yet.

I really ought to be getting on with the TLC analysis myself!

Maybe you've also noticed the rather exciting Cactus analysis thread?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

urtica
#5 Posted : 10/24/2017 7:40:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My PC have the gull wings. Also, P.S PC is active, you just need to eat ~2.5 to 3 kg of fresh material to really get there.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

jam-maker
#6 Posted : 10/25/2017 7:43:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Maybe you've also noticed the rather exciting Cactus analysis thread?

ooooh nice find, very interesting read.

urtica wrote:
My PC have the gull wings. Also, P.S PC is active, you just need to eat ~2.5 to 3 kg of fresh material to really get there.

shame about the excessive amount, also I hate how much conflicting information there is online about this cactus, are there any definite signs of PC without sampling?

will be giving this cactus another go to see if anything happens, SWIM just ingested the green skin of a 1 foot piece from the same cactus. After boiling for 10 minutes (as a bit of an experiment), the green was scraped from the skin was washed down with soft drink.

Reported noticed threshold effects, trippy mindstate etc. but no real visuals, I guess there is still hope!

Has anybody else got new ways to try ingest this cactus? I think I definitely want to try this method next https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OH8t-KYzZE
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. - Hippocrates

urtica
#7 Posted : 10/25/2017 6:16:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would do 3 15 minute boils with some kind of acid (lemon juice), then reduce to a drinkable amount. Also I don't see a picture of the cactus you are talking about in the early part of the thread, am I missing something?

There is also a good amount of alkaloid in the white flesh beneath the green skin, I think discarding the woody core makes sense but I would process the rest of the cactus.

You should look at Trout's info on this clone: http://troutsnotes.com/pachanot/

There is also a nice thread on STS: http://sharetheseeds.me/...m/index.php?topic=1497.0

And this one from EG: https://trichocereus.net...eus-predominate-cultivar
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.