We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Are you all ok? Options

spacexplorer
#1 Posted : 10/18/2017 10:21:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I get such a feeling of pain and severity from this forum that it's almost hard to post. Almost choking the life out of itself. Is it just me feeling this or does anyone else get this too? Are you all ok? Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Legarto Rey
#2 Posted : 10/18/2017 11:33:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yep! OK. Thank goodness it's not ALL about the feelz. Objectivity and honesty re the absurdity of the divine comedy/tragedy can be "painful and severe", or not.

Plenty of space here for staunch, reductionist/materialist, empiricism, rationalism, skepticism AND airy/fairy, flights o' fancy.

In short, yes, we're all OK. As OK as any band of lunatics can be!

Peace

Wolfnippletip
#3 Posted : 10/18/2017 1:05:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Rollenberg
#4 Posted : 10/18/2017 1:11:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

anytime someone asks "is it just me" the answer is undoubtedly almost always "no"

But in this case, I am not quite sure I understand what you are talking about.

Perhaps if you elaborate on what you mean, more people will comment on their experiences/opinions

The only "Pain" I have ever experienced from these forums has been the pain of hearing good advice that I didnt want to hear at the time.

I certainly havent experienced enough trauma to be problematic in the slightest though.

What about the forum pains you?
"Every facet, every compartment of your mind is to be programmed by you; if you don’t take the responsibility to program your own mind, the world will program it for you."

β—‹
#5 Posted : 10/18/2017 2:13:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Another thing to take into consideration is the variety of people that frequent the forum, where they're from, etc; we're all different despite our common interest in psychedelics, despite having similarities there.. at the end of the day we are our own person, have our own hopes, fears, hangups, issues, the list goes on man.

I believe if we were all in this giant circular discussion things would be very, very different. Words on a screen always aren't the best indication of the overall delivery/intent of the person typing, despite what's written, I mean it could probably be argued, but really you don't fully grasp someone til your face to face in interaction imo [and even then it's still hard to gauge because you just met the person and barely know them on a personal level]. This really cant happen given the nature of the forum [personal meetups; festivals/conferences are a different story].

Remember, don't take things 'too' seriously. Very happy

Legarto Rey
#6 Posted : 10/18/2017 4:47:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interestingly, OP uses the same avatar as a former Nexus poster. I miss his posts, bright, articulate fellow, Neuroscience grad student I gathered. He could be ruthlessly objective in areas scientific but (humanly) subjective when dialogue broached personal issues. Not unlike most of us, objectivity is a relative thing. Like Kant observed, the nature of how we process and construct our reality denies us true "access to things in themselves", the noumenal world. We only have access to our EXPERIENCE of things, the phenomenal world. In truth, nothing can be objective, just agreed upon by convention. We know something is out there, we just don't know what it is.

This likely the least "painful" forum I've experienced.

Peace

Jees
#7 Posted : 10/18/2017 5:45:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I frequent 3 forums of totally different strokes, and I know for a long time that visiting each of those fora sets me into another 'vibe' even before opening the first post to read. Like coming into 3 different cafe's with each their very unique atmosphere.

The 2 others are more leisure, but when hitting the nexus link I seem to enter a more 'serious' area and I feel slightly more tensed than when hitting the 2 others. It's hard to pin point why, maybe because people here share things that concerns their very deepest existential levels, it's not recreation nor religion. It makes people vulnerable?

Sunnyside
#8 Posted : 10/18/2017 6:33:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Speaking strictly for myself, I think I'm pretty ok.

Why?
My baby's coming home from Icelandia on Fridee.
That thing they took off my lip is extremely likely benign.
I've learned my dogs have a sense of humor.
Last week, my doctor actually encouraged me to continue my use of DMT, MDMDA, LSD and psyocibin.

So, yeah, I think I'm pretty damn fine, and life is pretty damn fine.

Thanks for asking, and I hope you're ok, too.

Keep a song in your heart!
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

obliguhl
#9 Posted : 10/18/2017 7:28:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

spacexplorer wrote:
I get such a feeling of pain and severity from this forum that it's almost hard to post. Almost choking the life out of itself. Is it just me feeling this or does anyone else get this too?

Yes, the forum is more or less a museum.

spacexplorer
#10 Posted : 10/19/2017 7:20:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
spacexplorer wrote:
I get such a feeling of pain and severity from this forum that it's almost hard to post. Almost choking the life out of itself. Is it just me feeling this or does anyone else get this too?

Yes, the forum is more or less a museum.

Yeah, it moves very slowly...is that how everyone wants it?

endlessness
#11 Posted : 10/19/2017 7:28:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Be the change you want to see, and all of that.. Smile

Im doing great btw, thanks for asking.. Hope you are well too

(legarto rey, yeah, that is Nathanial Dread's avatar.. )

obliguhl
#12 Posted : 10/19/2017 7:40:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Yeah, it moves very slowly...is that how everyone wants it?

That's not really what i meant. It's more that it's heydays are over.
Be the change? The change can't change what can't be changed. Most discussions these day i find dull and The Traveler is completly absent and when he does something, he's wrong. That hasn't always been the case. I miss many of the oldtimers who have moved on. Where to, i don't know.

I do wish everyone who feels great about posting here all the best.

null24
#13 Posted : 10/19/2017 9:20:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Funny post, funny thread. Only the most vague of positions elicits some pretty emotional responses.

Not sure if op is sincere or just another passive aggressive internet troll (what!?no!?!) but on the off chance that they aren't just having a bad day themselves, this is my take :

Do they mean that a fair amount of users here seem to struggle with various mental illnesses like depression, anxiety, ocd etc? If so, one, that is not surprising to me considering the link between mental illness and drug use.

Many of us are here because we use psychedelics as part of a therapeutic practice to deal with these things.

As far as am I OK? More than ever, but may not look that way if you compare you to me.

As for the best days being in the far past in this museum of boring conversations, whatever, guess I missed out.

I like it. Gots problems? Yep. Are you in solution? What do you suggest?

Some old members I don't miss so much (there isn't a much sanctimonious McKenna quotery now) but I do miss nattys contributions. Seeing his avatar is misleading. Aren't there other fractal pictures... Or,are you...?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*Ξ³Ξ½αΏΆΞΈΞΉ ΟƒΞ΅Ξ±Ο…Ο„ΟŒΞ½*

pitubo
#14 Posted : 10/19/2017 10:21:03 PM

dysfunctional word machine

obliguhl wrote:
The Traveler is completly absent and when he does something, he's wrong. That hasn't always been the case.

Could you be bothered to quote actual instances of The Traveler's wrongdoings? I don't remember any discussions where this was an issue. Perhaps I missed something?

spacexplorer
#15 Posted : 10/20/2017 12:21:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Be the change you want to see, and all of that.. Smile

Im doing great btw, thanks for asking.. Hope you are well too

(legarto rey, yeah, that is Nathanial Dread's avatar.. )

thats good to hear, any news?

thymamai
#16 Posted : 10/20/2017 3:40:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Absolutely not. Life has been brutal and extremely anticlimactic at nearly every turn. But that's just 1 ant among billions, and matters not.

I also thought that you were N. Dread, until a poster pointed it out. And did not realize that he has not been posting - this is saddening news.. I wonder what happened to him. But then there are many old timers that have for the most part seemingly moved on from dmt. Or perhaps it is more that they have flown from the net. I have always wanted to do just that, but alas.. no friends.

Auxin
#17 Posted : 10/20/2017 4:28:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychedelics are medicine for many.
Would you walk into a hospital and ask why there are so many sick people around? Razz

People come to psychedelics to help with depression, PTSD, rape trauma, drug addiction, coping with cancer, etc. and even if just using recreationally people encounter aspects of themselves that are rough and deserve resolution. Psychedelics arent for hiding from yourself, theyre for splitting your self open and showing you the wet squishy bits [metaphorically Wink ].
Also, preparation is very important to the psychedelic experience. People come here on a serious vibe to get their plan together and their drugs pure in preparation for when they plunge into the experience head first. Things discussed here can shatter the very fabric of reality, after all. That should be taken seriously.

This forum wouldnt be as good as it is if we all just sat around appreciating the rainbows.

obliguhl
#18 Posted : 10/20/2017 7:47:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Could you be bothered to quote actual instances of The Traveler's wrongdoings? I don't remember any discussions where this was an issue. Perhaps I missed something?

A moderator called me a nazi and threatend me with physical violence (+ more bonus insults) and his response wasn't to strip him of his ranks but to delete the thread. But then, it's even in the board rules that some people do not have to be civil on the nexus. Wut?

endlessness
#19 Posted : 10/20/2017 8:25:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:

Be the change? The change can't change what can't be changed. Most discussions these day i find dull

You can be the change and participate in threads or start new threads yourself that you find interesting... You dont have to wait for someone to do it to follow them, you can be the change yourself and post undull threads. Not sure how much complaining about how things are dull makes anything better if you don't post specific examples or post a specific suggestion on how to improve things.

Regarding the unnamed moderator you mentioned, feel free to pm me and explain who and what happened and I can try to help Smile

spacexplorer wrote:

thats good to hear, any news?

I have a wonderful baby and wife, I got asked to teach jiu jitsu in 2 different places for a decent pay, I'm working behind the scenes on improving our community's knowledge on different plants... Smile

tseuq
#20 Posted : 10/20/2017 10:06:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:

I experienced a similar situation and got confronted with a, in my opinion, very dubious and derogatory behaviour from a mod, who didn't show any interest in having a peaceful and objective conversation about the topic instead of insulting me. When I checked the attitude page, I felt unpleasantly surprised reading that ..

obliguhl wrote:
.. it's even in the board rules that some people do not have to be civil on the nexus. Wut?

I still visit the nexus on a random base, mostly as guest, but there I experienced a shift.

Anyway, LOVE is all there is and lives interconnectivity shines through the moment of infinity. We are never more close or at distance but are one in every now, now.

Happy and safe travels and all the best to us!, forever and ever and ever ..., tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

123NEXT»