We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
sodium carbonate tek help... Options

desiderata
#1 Posted : 11/13/2009 1:51:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So SWIM has been cruising around the nexus searching for some teks that will allow one to use chacruna as a beginning product and not have to bother using lye. SWIM stumbled upon a post by 69Ron where he lightly discusses using chacruna, sodium carbonate (In place of lye) and acetone (or DCM) as a solvent (in place of naptha). Sounds like a good start, just wondering what proportions of each would one use in this case. And I'm assuming this setup lends it to be more of an STB than an A/B process.... yes, no ? Any help would be appreciated. Just want to make sure this chacruna goes to good use. Here's a link to 69Rons original post about this topic :

SWIM uses sodium carbonate all the time with yopo, chacruna, and chaliponga, but never uses naphtha. He uses either d-limonene, DCM, or acetone. He's able to get really good yields. So sodium carbonate is strong enough to freebase the DMT, 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenine found in those plants. But it seems that people extracting from mimosa usually use naphtha. I don’t know why. Naphtha is a horrible solvent. DMT is not very soluble in naphtha, and I believe it needs an extra push to go into the naphtha, so the NaOH is needed for that reason.

If you did a sodium carbonate based dry tech and used DCM instead of naphtha, and used chacruna or chaliponga, I guarantee it will work very well.

SWIM never extracts DMT from mimosa anymore and so he can’t really comment on that plant. He always uses chacruna or chaliponga instead because they’re easier to extract in a Soxhlet. With those, he always uses sodium carbonate and gets fantastic yields, but again, he doesn’t use naphtha.

If you want to use sodium carbonate, you should follow a tech that’s designed for it that’s worked for other people. It seems like a lot of the mimosa naphtha based techs don’t work well with sodium carbonate, but most of the other techs based on DCM, d-limonene, and acetone work well with it.
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME.
'My conclusion was that it is neither good nor evil - that value is determined by ourselves and our intentions upon entering.' - 88

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

mumbles
#2 Posted : 11/13/2009 7:18:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

desiderata wrote:
So SWIM has been cruising around the nexus searching for some teks that will allow one to use chacruna as a beginning product and not have to bother using lye. SWIM stumbled upon a post by 69Ron where he lightly discusses using chacruna, sodium carbonate (In place of lye) and acetone (or DCM) as a solvent (in place of naptha). Sounds like a good start, just wondering what proportions of each would one use in this case. And I'm assuming this setup lends it to be more of an STB than an A/B process.... yes, no.
Doesn't sound like there is an acid involved so yes it falls under the STB umbrella. However swim was under the impression that sodium carbonate isn't a strong enough base to unlock and freebase the majority of the DMT. Maybe other members can shed light on this.