We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
pot and melatonin supercharges dreaming!... Options

starway6
#1 Posted : 10/2/2017 12:48:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I took one 3 mg melatonin and ate a small amount of potent [blue dream] indica pot at bedtime and dreamed ALL NIGHT LONG!!

Durring The first first four hours of sleep i woke breifly every 45 or 70 minutes from very vivid dreams..remembering mostly the dream activity just before i woke up..

The later sleep REM cycle i had just as many dreams and could remember quite a lot of each dream!

They say most heavy pot smokers dont remember their dreams but their is a small percentage of pot smokers that have no problem recalling dreams...although i rarely smoke pot ever...last night i ate some before bedtime and it increased my number of dreams and didnt negativly effect dream recall on most of the later morning hour dreams...

Being very interested in dreaming.. i found thispot dream boosting effect very interesting ...

Any one else ever tryed this/ at vbed time?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

โ—‹
#2 Posted : 10/2/2017 1:18:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

This is interesting. I had made some cookies not too long ago with a bunch of trimmings and made some really nice, potent edibles. Anyway I take melatonin every night , 5mg, and lately I've been eating 2-3 cookies every couple days, and I've actually had very vivid dreams as well.

And the funny thing is all the time that I've smoked canna consistently it always pretty much negated my dreaming for the most part [unless I only smoked like 1-2 hits before bed, which in that case it actually would help having much more lucid dreams at the time], so I wonder what gives for the edibles being different? All I know is that all the time that I've been eating these cookies I've had pretty vivid dreams.

starway6
#3 Posted : 10/2/2017 1:29:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
This is interesting. I had made some cookies not too long ago with a bunch of trimmings and made some really nice, potent edibles. Anyway I take melatonin every night , 5mg, and lately I've been eating 2-3 cookies every couple days, and I've actually had very vivid dreams as well.

And the funny thing is all the time that I've smoked canna consistently it always pretty much negated my dreaming for the most part [unless I only smoked like 1-2 hits before bed, which in that case it actually would help having much more lucid dreams at the time], so I wonder what gives for the edibles being different? All I know is that all the time that I've been eating these cookies I've had pretty vivid dreams.

actualy the best more healthy way is to get your first 4 or 5 hours of solid sleep first ..then wake breifly eat some pot and return to sleep durring high REM sleep! try it!Thumbs up

starway6
#4 Posted : 10/2/2017 1:55:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Actualy now i think about it ..its posible that eating the pot at bedtime... may cause an intense [dream rebound effect]...in the later for hours of REM sleep?...rebound makes dreams super vivid...

just like high doses of melatonin can cause a later morning dream rebound effect...

the more vivid the dream... the higher the chance you may realize durring the dream..
[that your dreaming]! Thumbs up and may result in a lucid dream!!

and in a high quality controled lucid dream ....your the boss.. this includes flying...pushing through glass windows that stretch like rubber...plowing through solid brick walls in dreams....swimming in swimming pools full ofsparking pure energy..[instead of plain water]...... ...sometime visiting a friends apartment and observing them with out them being aware your there...
creatining your own mountains and flying over them...visiting outer space in a space ship..anything the imagenation can invent is posible in a lucid dream or out of body experiance...!

โ—‹
#5 Posted : 10/2/2017 12:46:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

starway6 wrote:
tatt wrote:

actualy the best more healthy way is to get your first 4 or 5 hours of solid sleep first ..then wake breifly eat some pot and return to sleep durring high REM sleep! try it!Thumbs up

Oh yeah, I used to wake up early early morning after getting a handful of hours of sleep, get a glass of water, walk around the house for a few minutes, take a hit of canna then go to bed [never have done this specific thing with edibles] and when I'd get back to bed I'd try to keep my awareness fully intact while lying there drifting back in dream, and the hit of canna seemed to amplify this focused awareness behind my closed eyes while lying there. The whole WILD technique has been around for awhile. I'll have to try eating part of an edible before heading back to bed.

jam-maker
#6 Posted : 10/2/2017 2:08:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have noticed taking melatonin even while sober seems to enhance dreaming, as I very rarely will remember my dreams, and every time I have taken it before sleeping I have had long, vivid dreams.

I have not tried the pot combo and have everything here now, I might take 2mg tonight with some green and report back tomorrow. Thumbs up
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. - Hippocrates

โ—‹
#7 Posted : 10/2/2017 4:26:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

jam-maker wrote:
I have noticed taking melatonin even while sober seems to enhance dreaming, as I very rarely will remember my dreams, and every time I have taken it before sleeping I have had long, vivid dreams.

I have not tried the pot combo and have everything here now, I might take 2mg tonight with some green and report back tomorrow. Thumbs up

Yeah, once I started taking melatonin regularly it seemed to enhance the lucidity of the dream and my place in it as a conscious observer [even had some effect on my daily-reality]. But then I start smoking cannabis daily again and it kind of messes things up in terms of not dreaming nearly as much or having much lucidity when dreaming. Though if spread out then smoking doesn't affect things much for me, it can definitely help, guess it just depends on the context/method per the person.

Edibles have been different for me, very little if any damper on dreaming. Cheers Very happy

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 10/2/2017 11:14:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Could it have something to do with the particular strain of cannabis you where using?
I don't remember where i've read this, but there was an article somewhere about how CBD can enhance dreaming, contrary to THC. Maybe melatonin and CBD amplify eachothers effects.
It would be worth testing whether different strains have different effects.

starway6
#9 Posted : 10/3/2017 1:48:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive found that with dreams your body and mind have to be calm for the dream to come through in a strong lasting way..

The mind is a rageing sea durring the day... but after the ..[body and mind]... have calmed down while asleep lucid dreams are posible...

I found that for me...pot at bedtime is a ..[knock out pill] taken with melatonin and pot seems to relax and calm body and mind ..and thats great for dreaming...

They say that pot..[ for many].. inhibits REM sleep ..but melatonin also does this causing a later dream rebound that makes the dreams for more vivid and easier to recall..

I thought as a test ..i might take a very small amount of galantamine.. like mabey 2mgs with the bedtime pot to make myself a little .[more alert].. as i entered sleep and dreams to increase my chances to become lucid in the dream state...

sudden shifts of awareness durring normal dreams can make the dreamer realize he is in a dream...

Because after all.. lucid dreaming is simply being aware while dreaming... being able to use criticle awareness in a dream...

If it were easy to go to sleep and maintan awareness straight into the dream this this would be super...this is called a ..[WILD]..wake initiated lucid dream .. one could experiance one of the highest quality lucid dreams ever using this method...but its not that easy for most people to acheave a WILD at will without some serious practice..

But pots ability to relax and induce sleep is very interesting and could prove to be an effective tool in dreaming..

it will take some tests...

jam-maker
#10 Posted : 10/3/2017 11:34:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

first night was 2mg melatonin with a very small amount of thc strong green smoked through waterpipe

had a dream, wasn't as long or vivid as usual (on just melatonin), maybe THC still dulled dreams?

i will be trying again tonight and then just melatonin the night after.
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. - Hippocrates