We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Decanting tannins from Chaliponga brew? Options

Valmar
#1 Posted : 10/1/2017 4:38:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there a way to decant tannins from Chaliponga apart from the egg white wash method? I've been hesitant about the egg white wash method, but maybe I'm just afraid I'll mess it up...

Last night, I had 100mls of my Chaliponga batch left, and the tannins had just solidified at the bottom... the red liquid that had separated, that I could pour out, was slightly more pleasant than the tannin-filled mixture, but it put me in the most curious state of mind after a while ~ a powerfully and beautifully exquisite liquid velvet sensation that felt like I was mentally swimming in gold or something.

I have to wonder if the tannins from the rest of my brew had interfered with this in some way... hmmm...
“The dao that can be expressed is not the eternal Dao.”
~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
~ Carl Jung

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Legarto Rey
#2 Posted : 10/1/2017 10:38:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Check out Tregar's tek, works beautifully for leaf brews, but can be used with root bark decoctions.
Basically larger, wide necked funnel with cotton used as filter/adsorption material.
Remember, filter then reduce, not the inverse.

Peace

tregar
#3 Posted : 10/11/2017 2:52:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Legarto Rey

Easy Ayahuasca thread:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=69995
hxxps://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=69995

This works just as well for chaliponga as it does for psychotria. Learned the importance of filtering from sync and meteor back in the day. Filtering removes sediment that is irritating to the intestines, so stomach & intestinal nausea is eliminated. And always use a hot brew as any kind of brew which is cold will cause lots of purging. The only nausea that remains after filtering well is brain nausea which is caused by using too much leaf, which can be reduced to zero or near zero by using low to moderate amounts of leaf, and not overly strong doses. Moderate amounts of leaf are Heavenly but too much leaf can be a frightening experience for the 1st 90 minutes where there is a technical knockout of the ego. It's never necessary to use too much leaf anyways, as the core of the experience (or main course) is the caapi anyways which teams well with low to moderate amounts of leaf.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Valmar
#4 Posted : 10/11/2017 3:16:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Legarto Ray and tregar! Very happy

Taking the Syrian Rue and Chaliponga filtered, combined and hot should yield some great results. Smile
“The dao that can be expressed is not the eternal Dao.”
~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
~ Carl Jung

tregar
#5 Posted : 10/11/2017 4:41:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your very welcome Valmar, you are a very experienced explorer, and I love your posts, keep up the great work!

p.s. Meteor and Sync used to use hand vacuum pump technology to filter their brews, but I found that vacuum filtration still clogs too easily, but using a cotton ball in a funnel filters well and when it does eventually clog, you just pour off the excess brew from the funnel into a 2nd awaiting cotton ball in a filter all sitting in a jar, and the brew will then continue to filter no problem, filtering only takes a few minutes using cotton ball, but must always be sure to pre-filter the chopped up and boiled leaf brew thru a fine wire coffee metal cone first which gets out the larger particles, the cotton then gets out the finer particles, then once done with the filtering, reduce just as Rey mentions. I always reduce the leaf brew down to about 3oz, then add the caapi portion to it, and stir it all together...the brew is extremely potent when leaf and caapi are taken at the exact same time hot, just as they do in the Amazon.

Before adding the caapi portion to the leaf portion, a sip of the leaf portion can be tested, if it is bitter, then you know it will be potent, as found bitterness tends to equate to power of the leaf brew with psychotria.

The taste of Ayahuasca is horrible, like a frog in a blender, and will never be recreational but ritual and spiritual, and people don't tend to move around much on Ayahuasca, but sit still in one place. I don't purge when using the coffee metal cone and cotton filtering, as I don't like to get sick...but if you prefer to throw up, then don't filter...ie if you have parasites you want to get rid of, or you just feel you need a good purge.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jagube
#6 Posted : 10/11/2017 6:38:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tregar wrote:
The taste of Ayahuasca is horrible, like a frog in a blender, and will never be recreational but ritual and spiritual, and people don't tend to move around much on Ayahuasca, but sit still in one place. I don't purge when using the coffee metal cone and cotton filtering, as I don't like to get sick...but if you prefer to throw up, then don't filter...ie if you have parasites you want to get rid of, or you just feel you need a good purge.

I see it as a good thing it doesn't taste great. The bitterness is like a prelude to what may come, so even the act of ingesting it shows some level of devotion and seriousness, although that's often the easiest part and when it hits hard I find myself realizing my intent wasn't serious enough!

Ayahuasca work is often accompanied by movement. I've attended ceremonies that involved dancing wildly and vigorously for several hours, and I wouldn't have been able to dance with such vigor without the tea. Ayahuasca can make you feel like lying down and being immobile, especially during the peak, but after (or before) the peak if you force yourself to get up, you may find it quite stimulating in its own way.

The experience of the taste, the nausea produced and the purgative effects seems to vary greatly from person to person even with the same tea. Some people are almost guaranteed to purge while others hardly ever do.

tregar
#7 Posted : 10/11/2017 11:15:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube said:
Quote:
Ayahuasca work is often accompanied by movement. I've attended ceremonies that involved dancing wildly and vigorously for several hours, and I wouldn't have been able to dance with such vigor without the tea. Ayahuasca can make you feel like lying down and being immobile, especially during the peak, but after (or before) the peak if you force yourself to get up, you may find it quite stimulating in its own way.
This is very true, Shanon used to write that how you use the extra energy Ayahuasca imparts for the next several hours is entirely up to you, he remarked he could play the piano for hours very well and even dance better than usual. I prefer to sit in one place if I have 2 doses (another dose several hours later). But with one dose I'm ok to move about especially after the 1st 90 minutes (or peak) of a strong session. Perhaps that's only because I like to spend much of the time watching the closed eye visions, and it's easier for the visions to "flow" from geometrics to full fledged realistic visions when I'm in a sitting position in a meditative state, but it's all up to you how you use the time. In some UDV sessions, people sit outside in nature in lawn chairs.