We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New here, on my way to my first DMT experience. Options

moto4295
#1 Posted : 9/26/2017 3:58:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I ran across DMT several months ago, and since then I've been completely intrigued by it. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos (Rogan, Hancock, McKenna, Strassman), listening to a lot of podcasts, and generally trying to educate myself. I have no history of drug use. I've never used an illegal drug, rarely use prescription drugs, and I'm careful of those (I've been known to run across old, unused bottles of hydrocodone in my "medicines" bin). I do drink alcohol, but only rarely. I've never smoked, and I generally dislike smoking. I'm not a big fan of recreational pharmaceuticals; I don't necessarily have a bias against them, I just don't feel the need to use them personally.

That said, the spiritual/enlightenment aspect of DMT is very, very interesting to me. My wife is a medical professional, and has expressed skepticism/disdain at my fascination with DMT. Knowing my background, conservative/cautious nature, and the fact that I'm typically logical/analytical vs emotional, she understands that this is not a step into recreational usage for me. She understands my motivations, interests, and desires for self awareness, improvement, and expansion. Still..she's dubious of the idea of having a sched 1 anywhere in our lives. As such, any movement past "research" into "physical aspects" will likely be done without her involvement, at least initially.

SWIM now has MHRB powder, as well as a GVG (w/ lighter, extra pads, screens, etc). SWIM is in the process of converting 50g of MHRB powder via the Max Ion Tek. After that, SWIM will be experiencing several firsts...smoking. DMT. Psychedelics. Undertaking these alone is anxiety inducing, but he is hoping to come though it ok.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TGO
#2 Posted : 9/26/2017 7:10:02 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Welcome to the Nexus,

Being new to psychedelics, one of the most important factors is paying attention to set and setting. DMT is a powerful tool, seemingly capable of impossible things. A mystery, really. Being in a safe place where you feel comfortable is of utmost importance. You can take comfort in the fact that it has been used safely by humans for thousands of years, in the form of Ayahuasca. While smoking/vaping it is relatively new in comparison, there is no known evidence of it being physically harmful.

Psychedelics have immense potential and have been misrepresented and ridiculed by corrupt governments all over the world. Psilocybin has shown great potential for helping those with depression, MDMA is helping people through their PTSD, Iboga has helped people through addictions, and here is some more information on the therapeutic uses of Ayahuasca. It is such a shame that these substances are illegal in most places. They could help many people if only they had access.

Anyway, good to have you here. Taking those first steps is huge and I think you'll be pleasantly dumbfounded by all of this. Try not to set up too many expectations, though. Be open to the experience and be sure to have a support system. The Nexus is a great resource for support, especially with challenging or confusing experiences. You can always ask a question on the forum, post an experience, or even drop into chat if you have a pressing matter you need answered quickly.

Two last things. First, please familiarize yourself with the Nexus Attitude Page as discussion of buying drugs is against forum rules, unless it is a live plant or seed. Secondly, their is no need to swim, the water is shallow here. Very happy People have used SWIM for a long time, but in reality, it doesn't provide any actual legal protection...to each their own, of course!

Have a good one!

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

powermarton
#3 Posted : 10/19/2017 3:28:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

HELLO AND WELCOME 4295
Im also new her but do have i feel enough experience to comment.
I had a horrible drug addiction for four years and was massivley helped by 5-ho dmt and salvia. So not only would i say they are insightfull but positivly usefull.
I was very upfront with my doctor about my intentions and they in there zero experince in the field advised against it.
So im sure you are starting far further up the health chain than i did so you will possibly benifit all the more, or at least gain some interesting insights.
Bye for now and happy trails. Big grin

moto4295
#4 Posted : 11/2/2017 4:26:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My first experience:

first trip report

pitubo
#5 Posted : 11/7/2017 5:08:27 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Good luck on your ventures. Be respectful of your wife, the consensus hypnosis is just so hard to deal with, especially for medically trained professionals.

IMHO spiritual enlightenment is a load of bollox. Bodily awareness and simple unobstructed breathing is where it is at. The medical industry does not agree, because there would be a lot less pills to be sold if the general public was more aware.