We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Need a little help, has anyone had this happen? Options

deepspacepilot
#1 Posted : 9/24/2017 10:56:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone, Just wanted to share my first two experiences (which, unfortunately were lackluster) and see where I'm going wrong. Let me say in advance that I appreciate everyones time and attention here. This can be a harrowing journey to embark on all by yourself. (you can skip over the next long paragraph if you're not interested in why I'm here)

Let me first start with a quick background. I first heard about this hyperspace journey from a good friend and fellow musician. I got curious a bit but was turned off at first when i heard it had to be smoked in a fashion similar to crack. I dismissed it for a long time. Then about a year ago, i began getting curious after diving deeply into Terrance McKennas teachings. So, i then started trying to read all i could on it. Long story short, I found myself in the "rut" with the job and kids and whatnot and felt like i had just been on autopilot for the past few years and just..."existing", but not really living. I had stopped thinking objectively and just kept traveling down the same paths to the same results day after day. I needed a change. As i was listening to McKennas lectures day after day, I simultaneously started questioning everything i had been taught about religion and culture, getting into light astrophysics and more science related topics. I felt hungry again. I feel like getting back into psychedelics after a decade long hiatus was due. Only this time with a therapeutic and medicinal point of view instead of the foolish objectives i had when i was a younger man. So I took the necessary steps and prepped myself for the journey.

So there i was, ready to undergo my first "blast off". Needless to say, it wasn't what i thought. It wasn't anywhere near as intense as i had heard. After the second pull, i got a little dizzy and a bit of a weird body rush and had a feeling go through me that said "don't do any more of this". That feeling subsided and i laid back and closed my eyes. I remember seeing patterns, but they were super faint. Not bright and vivid like i had heard. I almost had to concentrate on them to keep them flowing. Then i remember FEELING the presence of another being. i only saw a helmet like masked head in my face who kind of looked like he was checking me over. it was more of a black/white figure with steam or smoke around his helmet. then he disappeared and i had some mild auditory hallucinations and i came down. Wasn't too crazy, felt like it was a mild "toe in the water" experience that was a good starting point, but i was curious about going a little further in.

A few weeks, maybe a month had passed and I decided to dive back in. I increased the load a bit on this one as i wanted to go a little farther. In the middle of the second pull, I got that same "stop" feeling in the back of my mind. I then laid my head back and saw the same faint patterns but they weren't really patterns, they were distorted and had no real order to them. I had to open my eyes because i got so dizzy i felt like i was going to vomit. I went to run to the bathroom, but i took a few steps and realized walking wasn't a good idea. so i sat back down on the couch and every time i closed my eyes i got dizzy and nauseous again so i struggled to keep them open until i could "calm down". I started to freak out a bit and the "I'm never doing this again. " and "Is my spice bunk?" thoughts went through my head....i just sat there on the couch, unwilling to move and had some mild OEV's until it ran its course. Basically after i felt like vomiting, i just kind of was treading water until it was over. It did not feel anything like the experiences I've heard about or read about, mentally or physically. I do want to press on, but i feel like i may be doing something wrong? Am I not taking enough? Did i burn it? or is my spice impure? I thought about asking my friend who i first heard about it from for advice, but he's fresh out of rehab for addiction among other reasons and i didn't figure it'd be very supportive or in good taste to bring it up to him while he's working through this. Any help is appreciated. Thank you all.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

An_Observer
#2 Posted : 9/24/2017 11:44:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What ROA did you use? Vaporized, meth pipe? There is a major learning curve with this substance but it tends to be well worth it in the end. Convection heating works the best such as the glass Vapor genie. Aside from that, you could also look into enhanced leaf as it has much less of a learning curve to it. From your description of your experience it seems to me that either your dosage was low or more likely your method was off therefore wasting most of the dose. As far as burnt, in my experience, it is hard to mistake anything for burnt dmt. It has a chemical taste normally but is plain awful if burnt. Also, how many milligrams did you try with? That can vary a lot from person to person but could help rule out some of your concerns.

deepspacepilot
#3 Posted : 9/25/2017 12:04:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ROA was a pretty primitive 2 liter bottle/aluminum foil/rubber band "vaporizer" setup. I can describe better if you're not familiar with it but we used to use it with hash oil back when i was a pup. first dose was 20mg, 2nd was around 40. Does the dizziness/vomit feeling go away? or is that one of those things where it affects everyone differently and theres really no telling? My worry is not being able to focus on the actual trip because of the nausea. I have plans to acquire a much better tool to ingest with, but i just haven't yet.

An_Observer
#4 Posted : 9/25/2017 7:06:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know what you are describing I believe. Commonly referred to as a "lung"? If so, they are not recommended as they use conduction heating as opposed to convection which can easily burn DMT. Also the vapors from DMT love condensing on anything remotely cold. Have you looked into making something such as the machine? Also enhanced leaf is really easy to make aswell. Just need plant material such as dried Mullein, DMT, and a solvent that evaporates cleanly such as Ethanol or acetone. You just put the leaf material in a shot glass, sprinkle in the DMT in a 1:1 ratio, and cover with enough solvent to get it to dissolve and then let it evap until the solvent is gone.

I would suggest to look into either of those options for a decent place to get a foothold.

As for the dizziness, I wouldn't say it goes away, but the nauseous gagging feeling I got as well when first learning and narrowed it down to burning it.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 9/26/2017 12:05:54 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

deepspacepilot wrote:
"Is my spice bunk?"
... is my spice impure?

Was this self-extracted spice? A thorough understanding of extraction and purification procedures, along with a reliable plant source, would serve to allay these fears.

And... welcome to the Nexus!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

deepspacepilot
#6 Posted : 9/26/2017 5:16:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you! And, yes it was self extracted. I am very thorough and followed the tek to each detail. It looks and smells like everything I've read that it should look or smell like, but being as its my first experience, I'm doubting my own expertise here because i have zero experience to go on. But there were no mishaps in the extraction and the re-x i did. everything seemed to go by the book, so to speak.

Loveall
#7 Posted : 9/26/2017 1:10:49 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

The GVG is superior by consensus. It is the golden standard.

With that said, there are other options you can explore in parallel. I personally use a crafty vaporizer. It comes stock with a liquid pad witch works well for DMT in my personal experience. You can control the exact temp and rule out burning.

Once you set your temp on the crafty you can carefully control the dose by watching the temp drop on your phone as you inhale. Then test different temperature drops and multiple drags.

One drag for a 10F drop starting at 170F could be a good way to test the waters. The LED changes colors from Green to red when the temp drops too so you can use that and not worry about a phone.

The vaporizer also does not require hand eye flame coordination which comes in handy when going for a breakthrough or while on a mushroom trip.

One can also use rue seeds orally. After that, pace oneself with intermittent precise measured drags and gently sail with DMT for a prolonged time.

I bring it up mostly because you mentioned the 'crack pipe' situation bothered you in the past. That many be something important for your subconscious not to be ignored. It may be a source of anxiety. A vaporizer may help in your situation.

I sleep with my vaporizer in my night stand so it is always there with me and loaded with spice. It is oddly comforting, even though I rarely use it. Kind of a positive energy that is there, ready to be a part of me at the touch of a button and a few gentle breaths.

I could be completely wrong, and this option may not work at all for you. This is just a suggestion to consider from my personal experience.

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

deepspacepilot
#8 Posted : 9/27/2017 2:39:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

An_Observer wrote:
Also enhanced leaf is really easy to make aswell. Just need plant material such as dried Mullein, DMT, and a solvent that evaporates cleanly such as Ethanol or acetone. You just put the leaf material in a shot glass, sprinkle in the DMT in a 1:1 ratio, and cover with enough solvent to get it to dissolve and then let it evap until the solvent is gone.

would naphtha work for enhanced leaf? and 1:1 meaning if were using 40mg spice, were using 40 mg of the leaf as well?

deepspacepilot
#9 Posted : 9/27/2017 2:44:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
The GVG is superior by consensus. It is the golden standard.

With that said, there are other options you can explore in parallel. I personally use a crafty vaporizer. It comes stock with a liquid pad witch works well for DMT in my personal experience. You can control the exact temp and rule out burning.

I've thought of this, but I'm still in the "reading about" phase of vaporizers as i have never used one and all the terminology and settings and the descriptions of the parts and pieces are foreign to me, so possibly in the future...i think id like to make the move to a vaporizer eventually. just for the ease of use, more than anything but i might try the changa in the short term. thanks!