We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Failure # 4... =| Options

Enceladus
#1 Posted : 9/23/2017 4:26:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey.. So guy on am mmorpg was telling me about his experience so I thought I'd ask here. Not that it's any of my business.
So he had practiced really sloppily "poor man's dmt" from one source mhrb, failed ridiculously huge portions of soup crossing over, etc. Then three noman's teks..

All of the nomans teks after a bit of evaporation showed some white cloudiness, but upon total evaporation left only inactive goo.

Most recent extraction was 1/10th of a kg of acacia confusa. Was not powdered, but basisified for 50+ hrs. Was cut pretty small. 4-5 pulls were done at room temperature each pull taking like a day.. yeah. So there was white cloudiness, and in the end the smallest white circle appeared on the tray somewhere, and a small amount of dark orange goo, as well as yellow goo. This was consolidated and vaporized out of a light bulb just causing discomfort and no effects.
No freezing was done on the bark to lyse. I mean it was basified for 50 hrs.

Rather than throwing away 900g of acacia now, this guy said he wants to try two 130g extractions in separate containers, this time with POWDERED bark, which was shredded, then with a small evaporation and the moment there is cloudiness a freeze precipitation. No re-x until some kind of result.

Is it a big waste of time? Can't do a/b. When to freeze before or after powdering.

Thanks any feedback would be grand I know I made th is hard to read with paragraphs but it's on phone.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TGO
#2 Posted : 9/23/2017 5:36:12 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Ditch the light bulb, my friend. Why go through all the trouble of extracting just to waste it with an ineffective (and potentially dangerous) method of ingestion? Wink

Convection > Conduction

The Essential Guide to DMT - All preperations and routes of administration

DMT vaping guide

What was the yield?

An STB on acacia confusa with no additional cleanup steps is likely to have a lot of plant fats and other things like NMT in it. NMT content can make up as much as 50% of the yield in some cases. This is why most people perform a mini A/B after the initial extraction. If your yield is low before additional cleaning, it may just be bunk bark.

I know you said you can't do an A/B for whatever reason but they are better suited for acacia extractions.

As for the freeze thaw, I always do it with my powdered material...Anyway, hopefully some of this information is useful. Good luck!

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Enceladus
#3 Posted : 9/23/2017 5:57:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A thumb nail of some red goo, still on the knife. And some yellow stuff, but yeah he said he tried the lightbulb held it in and didn't feel anything after 10 seconds besides dirty. Thinking the bark is bad, but this is source 3, different plant this time, so..

And there was swirly white stuff, so I'm thinking with freeze precipitation, POWDERING, freeze-lysing, and possibly heated naphtha, things will look different..

And a new smoking utensil as the light bulb was no good..

More time to let naphtha settle...
This guy is not ready to throw away 900 grams, or look for another source yet. I don't think he wants to try anymore of that red goo either but if it's dried better. Being foolhardy even after reading the cautions, goo wasn't allowed to dry properly. Still should've been active from the get go, with the light bulb no? Two deep hits, nothing. Thinking bunk bark. But any vegetation has dmt so I figure 200g this time better chances.

null24
#4 Posted : 9/24/2017 1:32:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

This is irrelevant to your problem but may make future posts more enjoyable for others to read: ditch the "this guy" subterfuge, you aren't even consistent with it from clause to clause. It doesn't protect you nor does it reflect well.

I'm sorry if this is blunt, but it doesn't sound like you want to put in the effort that is required and want us to tell you how to short cut things that can't be.

Take the time and perform the TEKs as written until you know what you're doing, then maybe try a STB on ACRB.

A kg for that, really? Waste of bark...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Enceladus
#5 Posted : 9/24/2017 4:13:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OK well thank you. I'll think about the a/b; my main problem was I didn't really understand the temperatures for reducing the liquid with boiling, without burning everything over an hour-hour to a half. I guess it's nothing more reading won't resolve. Is stb really that inefficient for acrb??.. or the amount?.. either way ty.

Enceladus
#6 Posted : 9/28/2017 4:58:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Attempt 5.. success?! Ground powder, 100g. Basic soup was allowed to cool (mostly) before powder applied. Naphtha was not left long when mixing. And a hot water bath was used heating the soup for 30 minutes prior to applying naptha. There was no yellow coloring to the naptha, whereas before there was and it was pronounced. 4-5 droplets of fat precipitated out. Evaporaton took place over the next few days for the great majority without a fan.

Was moved to freezer and allowed to cool at regular meat freezing temperature for 6 hours apron maybe 7.

"Fluffy" white crystals suspended in naptha,
Solvent stI'll significantly cloudy suggesting a time allotment of 36 hours + will dramatically change the situation.

Hoping it's the real deal. Thank you for all the reading material from dmt nexus through reddit and shroomery.org.

Any feedback is appeciated. Will have to inquire later..
Considering crafting a water bong of the likes I have never made before, and caking between small bits of tobacco. Seems more benign than valerian or something. The type of lighter here seems most significant.. and to determine yield I imagine I have to tare a container and transfer it all over after drying..

Maybe will pipette solvent out around crystals, and decant comfortably in another thing and evaporate.

Yoo.