We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Quick beginner questions Options

jacetea
#1 Posted : 11/12/2009 12:55:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just found out that salvia is legal here Smile

I am a fan of DMT but it's becoming a slight issue trying to extract it on a regular basis...Semester coming to an end soon, no time. I was thinking of ordering some salvia and giving it a try and consider growing a plant. I have a few concerns, and just need some general clarification. I've done DMT quite a bit now but I feel I need a break from it.

1: I've seen many trip videos on youtube and people almost always try standing up and walking outside. I'm fairly well grounded spiritually and I know how fast a trip can get nasty in the wrong setting...But is this common? I will have a sitter of course, but he needs some info as well. Sitting for a DMT tripper is pretty easy, just don't make any noise...I couldn't imagine walking, let alone opening my eyes while under DMT. Do you not leave your body with salvia?

2: I enjoy 30mg ~ 40mg doses of DMT. For me, it's enough to get full CEVs and leave my body. Would 15x or 20x salvia be a good place to start, or just start with 5x? I'm doing this for spiritual reasons, and also to explore the human mind...I'm not going lie, I'm fascinated by the effect of "drugs" on the mind. I do want more than just a fit of laughter however...

3: I've seen videos where people take 1 hit from a bong and then get totally rocketed away...If you order 1g of salvia around how many trips is that? I read that you should try 1/4 gram for your first time because of a reverse tolerance...Any truth to this? I will continue trying to find dosage info after posting this thread.

Thank you for your time.
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 11/12/2009 1:37:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Salvia dosages are different for everyone..and there is reverse tolerance..do not go by others dosage ammounts..start low and work your way up. This is from my first hand experience dosing many people and seeing extremely varried results

I definatily leave my body when working with salvia...like the real deal OBE..but weirder..way fucking weirder..so weird most dont like it..im weird though as well so love it!

Yes some people are runners, and they will try to run from the trip as they are being pulled away etc..you may dose and have a very intense experience and come to on the other side of the room..I like to dose alone but I would reccomend a sitter until you are accustomed to salvia at least.

Salvia is nothing like DMT other than that you can smoke it, it's short and there is a breakthrough. It can be extremeley euphoric and beautiful but it's not like that for everyone.

Think dissociative psychedelic...extreme dissociation from your physical body..to the point that you may merge with inanimate objects..best to dose in the dark and close your eyes..this is where the real salvia journey is..most never get there but when you do it can be jaw droppingly amazing.
Long live the unwoke.

q21q21
#3 Posted : 11/12/2009 5:01:55 AM

SWIM

I am just speaking for myself, this is in no way a rule.

I tried salvia 2 times. Once was like 40-50 mg of 10x and I just got spins and gravity changes.

The second time I did about 175mg of 10x.

I took 1 big toke. Sat back and said "Relax"

There was a period of about 10-15 seconds where I was out of my body, I saw nothing, I felt nothing.

I don't remember standing up but when I regained my sight it was my bedroom door which swirled, then disappeared. Swirled, then disappeared.

Now that was what I saw, But what I felt was that I was skipping from universe to universe and my body was trying to figure out which was the right one.

This was the worst feeling that I have felt in my life so far.

I won't bore you with the itty bitty details but for the next 45 minutes it continued to feel like my soul was being sucked out of me and it felt like death was grasping me.

My roomie sat for me and if I was alone I think I may have tried to kill myself to end the pain.

I am very clear minded on psychedelics and have had safe trips on 600 mics of LSD, Ayahuasca and 4.25 g of shrooms without help from a sitter.

DMT is nothing like that, I have tripped hard on 35 mg of yellow spice, 32 mg of yellow spice and 20 mg of pure white, I have not broken through yet but I have lost touch with my body completely. Anyway I enjoyed them with the exception of the initial jolt being a little scary.

After my DMT trips I am euphoric, ecstatic and feel peace with the world.

As I found most people react better on salvia, but just know that depending on who you are you might want to start low.

Unless you are the 5% or so (I've heard, my roomie is one) that has a huge tolerance to salvia you should be able to feel it with 50 mg or so of 10x. (just eyeball 1/20 of a gram, divide in 1/2, in 1/2, in 1/2, in 1/2, then take a little less than that.) You can always buy more, but although I know that it is a powerful psychedelic that can teach you a lot, I am still scared of it after of 4 months.

Start low, you can always buy more, you can't stop the strongest/worst trip of your life.

Good luck, lol
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

jamie
#4 Posted : 11/12/2009 5:51:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

even 50mg of 10x can potentially blow you away..thats like smoking half a gram of plain leaf in one hit..you went from 50mg straight up to 175mg 10xShocked Shocked Shocked ..it's no wonder your trip went that way...

50mg 10x should be enough..easily..let the sensitivity build dont be impatient with this plant or you will meat your fears face to face.

Really jumping from 50mg 10x up to 175mg is an unwise thing to do..all that will really do is scare the shit out of you and show you something maybe your not ready to see..similar to smoking 30mg DMT so deciding you will next smoke 100mg!

I have been there so i have an idea of what you might have gone through..it is indeed terrifying! I have smoked salvia probabily close to 200 times..I have overdone it myself enough times as well and swore the plant off but I always come back...Any psychedelic in too high a dose will overwhelm and freak people out..granted salvia is not for everyone but hiking up a dose like that to that extent and then reporting about how negative it was doesnt really give much of a full picture on what this plant is about..

I would suggest start low but dont start doubling or trippling your dose..work your way up slowly to avoid overdose-style freakouts.
Long live the unwoke.

Noman
#5 Posted : 11/12/2009 7:19:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What they said.
It's very individual as far as dose goes.
One big weed bowl of homemade 7X takes me about as far away as 40mg DMT.
It can be creepy, it can be fun.
I can't imagine being able to walk at all on a committed dose.
Makes me roll around on the floor a lot though - all that pulling and twisting.
Feels good.
I like salvia best when its laced with a bit of DMT.
Maybe 20mg infused onto the aforementioned bowl of 7X.
They seem to simultaneously potentiate and mellow each other out.
Adding DMT to the salvia turns all that rolling around and stretching to getting a massage from Parvati.

corridors of my cells
#6 Posted : 11/12/2009 7:56:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jacetea wrote:
I just found out that salvia is legal here Smile

I am a fan of DMT but it's becoming a slight issue trying to extract it on a regular basis...Semester coming to an end soon, no time. I was thinking of ordering some salvia and giving it a try and consider growing a plant. I have a few concerns, and just need some general clarification. I've done DMT quite a bit now but I feel I need a break from it.

1: I've seen many trip videos on youtube and people almost always try standing up and walking outside. I'm fairly well grounded spiritually and I know how fast a trip can get nasty in the wrong setting...But is this common? I will have a sitter of course, but he needs some info as well. Sitting for a DMT tripper is pretty easy, just don't make any noise...I couldn't imagine walking, let alone opening my eyes while under DMT. Do you not leave your body with salvia?

2: I enjoy 30mg ~ 40mg doses of DMT. For me, it's enough to get full CEVs and leave my body. Would 15x or 20x salvia be a good place to start, or just start with 5x? I'm doing this for spiritual reasons, and also to explore the human mind...I'm not going lie, I'm fascinated by the effect of "drugs" on the mind. I do want more than just a fit of laughter however...

3: I've seen videos where people take 1 hit from a bong and then get totally rocketed away...If you order 1g of salvia around how many trips is that? I read that you should try 1/4 gram for your first time because of a reverse tolerance...Any truth to this? I will continue trying to find dosage info after posting this thread.

Thank you for your time.

1- first of all lol at sitting for a DMT tripper part Smile really nice defined. For salvia i dont prefer a sitter to be honest because i start to get paranoid about everything. My first trips with salvia was ok, but then suddenly ppl started to make me paranoid. When i smoke salvia i always feel like, "life was a planned thing by people sitting next to me, and they were waiting for me to smoke that hit at that moment and wake up to the reality. and tell me that all i lived was a joke and now i know what is real." So i dont prefer a sitter. I dont prefer salvia anymore anyways Razz I have already seen enough on it. But for you if its your first time its better to have a sitter untill you understand the drugs behavoir on you. However its really hard to understand salvia. Every trip can be a totally different story. Dmt is also a different story on every hit but you have some classifications for your trips and you can relate your trips. Sometimes it doesnt effect you more than making you laugh. Sometimes you feel like all your vision is mixing inside your body or face through a tunnel, may be even pushed or pulled to one side by an unknown force. Razz

2- I and few other people experienced that extract more than 20x is somehow less hallucinogenic. i started with 20x, i had my best trip on 10x, got strongest body feeling and mouth bending on 35x. For me 20 is is the ideal limit. Dont bother with 5x. if you are cautious type start with 10x.

3- I dont think there is a reverse tollerance. and 1/4 gram is a very very very high amount dont do that ffs Razz. 1 gram of 20x makes you 12-14 hits probably ... may be 16 i am not sure you have to experiment a bit.. but sometimes you trip very nice on a little amount while huge amount does nothing sometimes.

My suggestions for salvia; order a gram of 20x and try. But you will see its not like dmt.. DMT is really gentle and have a ery nice body feeling, you are able of understand whats happening. Salvia is more like a 1-2 minute shock that makes you think for weeks and dont understand what has happened to you sometimes Razz and when you come sober you will be so thankful it was no more than 1-2 minutes SmileSmile

EDIT: few other tips for salvia, You will need a relax environment with a slow music (any music u used for DMT will be fine). And not too dark not very bright, day light through the window is gud for me. Take the hit at one toke and keep at as much as you can in your lungs. Never be excited like what is the trip going to be. Because when you wait for the trip, it doesnt come sometimes. Just take ur puff and free your mind for the best trip.

jacetea
#7 Posted : 11/12/2009 10:48:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the advice all, I've ordered 1 gram of 10x and I'll probably start with around 25mg just as an absolute precaution. I realize it's no substitute for DMT, but hopefully when used in the right setting it will get me where I need to be. At least I can say I've tried it if I don't like it. I started out on DMT with 27mg and it was a great introduction, maybe starting small will help me cope with it.

I dunno, when I first learned about DMT there was always people saying "it's insane, you can't make sense of it" and "it's too powerful, just stick with pot"...I tried it, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Crazy and insane, yes, but not unbearable. I've had bad DMT trips and good ones too. Guess I'll have to make that judgment after I try it Razz

We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

Psychodelirium
#8 Posted : 11/13/2009 9:03:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
I tried salvia 2 times. Once was like 40-50 mg of 10x and I just got spins and gravity changes.

The second time I did about 175mg of 10x.

I won't bore you with the itty bitty details but for the next 45 minutes it continued to feel like my soul was being sucked out of me and it felt like death was grasping me.

This is exactly what happened to me, except I only upped my 2nd dose to 100mg or so. Felt like something really witchy and rotten was trying to suck me right out of my brain and into some unimaginable void of nothingness. I've had some pretty intense experiences with tryptamines that might almost be described in a similar way, but this just seemed really wrong for some reason and I haven't been back for more.

I wonder if other people have had this effect and whether it's standard and can be worked through or not.

corridors of my cells
#9 Posted : 11/13/2009 12:33:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jacetea wrote:
Thanks for the advice all, I've ordered 1 gram of 10x and I'll probably start with around 25mg just as an absolute precaution. I realize it's no substitute for DMT, but hopefully when used in the right setting it will get me where I need to be. At least I can say I've tried it if I don't like it. I started out on DMT with 27mg and it was a great introduction, maybe starting small will help me cope with it.

I dunno, when I first learned about DMT there was always people saying "it's insane, you can't make sense of it" and "it's too powerful, just stick with pot"...I tried it, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Crazy and insane, yes, but not unbearable. I've had bad DMT trips and good ones too. Guess I'll have to make that judgment after I try it Razz

yea i totally understand you.. my first dmt trip was by luck Smile i asked for the effects and the guy told me few things and also that i may not feel like im breathing... i was like wtf, it reminded me my acid overdose trip where i couldnt feel the feeling of breathing for 6-7 hours, which was my most inhuman trip Smile... so i was scared and kept my first 200mg gifted dmt for 3 months in my drawer. then i gave it a try and i said wtf its so gentle ahahah. After i smoked ive seen many people talkin about it like a scary thing, everytime i try to explain them dont judge before u smoke Razz so you are right smoke in proper way and make your own judgement about salvia. also report us your trips sumtime Smile

PerPLexED
#10 Posted : 11/13/2009 6:55:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

IMHO, grow your own plant, and dont use extracts. The plant is very powerful on its own, there's much talk of reverse tolerance, and if its not working, you probably gotta adjust your smoking technique(most dont get the salvinorin absorbed into their body so they'll smoke 10 doses but have no effects).

for smoking salvia:
a)lots of heat. you can burn plant, but you need it pretty hot to release the salvinorin. A bic will work, but i prefer to torch it JUST incase Smile

b) HOLD IT. it takes a while to absorb. with some experience, you'll figure out how much time you got to smoke before it kicks in.(you only need like 1-3 hits, better to hold than to take another hit)

c) SITTER -- very important. when first smoking salvia, you aren't sure when its going to hit you, so you may keep toking til it does. have the sitter be ready to take the pipe/bong whatever because it hits you instantly and you can drop it/drop a cherry and not be able to do anything about it til 15 min later. you may end up having a horrid burn, burning something, stepping on shattered bong glass, etc. once you have some experience, you'll know when you need to put it down
"We are the analogies we believe." - PerPLexED

PerPLexED is a confused fictional creature.
He doesn't know that he is fictional.
He doesn't know what fiction is.
He doesn't know anything, really.
But strives to know it all.