We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First pull result of DMT extraction (update) + first experience - success Options

Triglav
#1 Posted : 9/21/2017 11:14:58 PM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

I used 40g of shredded MHRB. This was a A/B extraction using citric acid, toluene and NaOH. With NaOH the pH was raised to 13. After that I did a two day long pull with toluene mixing occasionally. After that the toluene was evaporated and this is the result. The brown/reddish colour is from a little water that escaped into toluene. What do you think ?
Triglav attached the following image(s):
produkt 1. poteg.jpg (1,913kb) downloaded 149 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 9/22/2017 12:09:47 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

You don't want that red water in there. Better to leave a little solvent behind than pulling up the basic water. I'd suggest you recrystallise with heptane if you can.

The contamination with basic solution can be avoided if you put your NPS through an intermediate vessel instead of straight into your crystallising dish.

Also, it's a shame that you evaporated all that toluene. You could have back-extracted with aqueous citric acid, rebasified and pulled using a smaller amount of NPS. Or, evaporate the citric acid wash down to DMT citrates, base with sodium carbonate, dry and pull with acetone, then evaporate to obtain your freebase.

You can still do a mini A/B to clean up your product.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Triglav
#3 Posted : 9/22/2017 5:23:31 PM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
You don't want that red water in there. Better to leave a little solvent behind than pulling up the basic water. I'd suggest you recrystallise with heptane if you can.

The contamination with basic solution can be avoided if you put your NPS through an intermediate vessel instead of straight into your crystallising dish.

Also, it's a shame that you evaporated all that toluene. You could have back-extracted with aqueous citric acid, rebasified and pulled using a smaller amount of NPS. Or, evaporate the citric acid wash down to DMT citrates, base with sodium carbonate, dry and pull with acetone, then evaporate to obtain your freebase.

You can still do a mini A/B to clean up your product.

Thank you for the reply.
I'm aware that the alkaline water extract should not be there. It was a stupid mistake. And thank you for informing me about saving the toluene by this simple method.

I did some research on whether I can obtain some heptane but can only find it mixed with other chemicals. On the other hand I can easily obtain white spirit (also called naphtha if I'm not mistaken) of this type: https://echa.europa.eu/s...ubstanceinfo/100.107.266

I searched through the forum and found that this stuff can also used for recrystallisation via freeze precipitation. The question is whether this is the right naphtha type for doing recrystallisation.

I'll do some more research on this magnificent site.

Peace

Triglav
#4 Posted : 10/2/2017 10:45:59 PM

I did some more work regarding this extraction. The first picture I posted was one evaporating dish however I had another evaporating dish which I had not photographed. So the DMT from the first picture and the one from the other evap. dish were both dissolved in heated white spirit, the non-soluble stuff was removed and the remaning white spirit was slowly cooled down. When I filtered the "crystals" from white spirit there was still some of it with the crystals. A friend decided to evaporate the very small quantities of white spirit. The picture bellow shows the result. I don't think the recrystalisation proces was very succesfull since I can't see any proper crystals.

edit: I should also say that the other dmt I had was from another basified water extract. I would not regard that one as succesfully made as the on from which the crystals from the first picture in the thread were obtained.

20171002_224754.jpg (1,553kb) downloaded 99 time(s).

5-HT2a
#5 Posted : 10/3/2017 12:22:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Many people say goo is the way to go, but when I finished my first extraction just a couple weeks ago, I also got some gooey stuff. When I tasted it it made my tongue go tingly and left it feeling like I just ate a bunch of sour candy. The only thing I could figure is there was leftover lye. In the end I ended up getting crystals by doing a mini a/b, after not having any luck with a re-x or sodium carbonate wash.
"There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."
-William James, under the effects of nitrous oxide

Triglav
#6 Posted : 10/23/2017 4:06:50 PM

I and my girlfriend had tried to smoke this gooish extract on the pipe presented on the picture. We did not weight our doses - we just put a little amount of the goo on the toothpick - just to see how potent this stuff is. It evaporated nicely. The smoke wasn't harsh and actually had a pleasent taste.

The extract certainly is very psychoactive. I took 3 tokes (each one with a pre-prepared toothpick with some of the goo on it) and experienced very nice colourful and geometrical opened eyed and closed eye visuals. With eyes closed I had visual about the same intensity as with 1,5 - 2,5 of quality P. cubensis mushrooms. The amount one one toothpick really wasn't much - so there is a lot of room to increase the dose as well.

This is my first DMT extraction and seemingly a succesfull one - and also a first DMT experience.
Thank you for all the help I recieved from you so far. Big grin
recycler_diffusor_standart1.jpg (17kb) downloaded 64 time(s).

mr.smiley
#7 Posted : 10/23/2017 6:41:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

5-HT2a wrote:
bunch of sour candy.

Bases tend to be bitter not sour but acids tend to be sour. That is actually how some people used to determine if a new compound was basic or acidic; by tasting it.

Imagine the poor slop who tasted somthing like nitric acid...
"Somthing profound."
~Someone somewhere