We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can this experience be regarded as a breakthrough ? Options

Triglav
#1 Posted : 9/21/2017 5:05:40 PM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

Please read my experience and comment on whether you think I experienced a breaktrough. I can't determine for myself so I need your help.

I had many experiences with mushrooms prior to this one in different doses. Me and another friend both took good 3 grams of homegrown P. cubensis (golden teacher strain). Fortunately we had a another frind with us as a sitter. The place was a beautiful meadow at the foothils of the nearby mountains. I was of relaxed mind, the place we did this was great and the weather was nice. So set & setting were all good.

I ate the dry mushrooms. As the come-up was building I experienced some uncomfortable nausea but it passed relatively quickly. The experience was already really strong while only a short while passed. The visuals were stunningly beautiful, the white clouds, the trees, the view towards the valley everything morphing and spiraling. Some time passed and I thought that this must be the peak experience since the intensity was already at the +++ according to Shulgin rating scale. But as a few minutes went by I noticed that I was mistaken - I was still comming up strongly. This was more intense than any of my prevoius experience and I was still coming up. I got a little scared by this fact since I was really delving into unkown territory. Another few minutes went by and I was still coming up. I couldn't comprehend the intensity.

When I closed my eyes I had the feeling of traveling with light speed. The CEVs were just crazy. There were huge patterns of intricate geometric designs in bright colours moving and morphing with great speed. I had a feeling that I was acctually moving trough space and looking at some kind of statue like psychedelic stuff.I percieved that everything was vibrating with a really high frequency making some kind of a buzzing sound. Really this is beyond any words to describe.

When I oppend my eyes I could still percieve the grass, the trees, the sky, the clouds, the valley, but everything I looked at began to grow with great speed into highly complex psychdelic patterns so much so that I was getting lost in them. It was hard for me the sense the depth of field when looking at the valley down below. It was as if it was splitting into many parts right before my nose if that makes any sense to you. Also I was simultaneously experiencig intense cold and heat on my skin and every possible sensation. It wasn't to most pleasent sensation really. We had some music playing in the background and when it was coming up the visuals burts forth with energy and when the music came down the visuals subsided a little.

The friend who was sitting for us was talking all the time since he is quite talkative and likes to explain stuff. But the point is that I was unable to understand the most simple concepts such as time, place, that sylabless carry a meaning and so on. I was unable to understand anything he was saying to me. The concept of communication was absent for the time of the peak experience. Another interesting thing that I never experienced before or after till today was that when I looked my friend who also took mushrooms in the face he was all coloured and covered with patterns, while the sober friend had none of those, just some little birds morphing out of his hair at the ears, othervise tottally normal. When I looked at my smart-phone it was looking more like some highly complex all time changing clock work than a phone.

The intensity continued in this manner for some time. Suddenly I was again able to comprehend the most basic concepts of time, place, words and commnunication. They were slowly coming back to me and that was the only way how I was able to find out that I'm coming back slowly since the visuals were still just as intense flooding everywhere. After some more time had passed we slowly descended to where we parked earlier and from there went to a short walk uphill again. When we returned to the car me and my mushroomed friend just looked at one another with the sensation of like waking up from a really intense dream and now found out that it was all just a dream and we were sound and safe. That moment was one of great catharsis. I can't stress this point more. We laughed at one anoher like two little children who taught they were in danger and are now ok. The feeling was cleansing. I felt strong stimulation from the mushrooms. I was walking effortlessly uphill when we went for a little walk before returning. Time was flying by like nothing.

The trip subsided some more and we left the other tripping friend at his house close to the spot where the main part of experience was going on. Me and my sitter drove back to his house (a 15 min drive). I chilled at his place for an hour or something and then walked to my home (20 min walk). Upon returning home I was in a good mood but tired from the intense experience. I layed down to my bed and began to reflect on what happened. The visuals were still going on - definetly at a easy ++ according to Shulgin - but the point is that already 10 hours passed since the ingestion of the mushrooms and the visuals were still nicely present - I never experienced this before. I chilled some more and slowly went to sleep. I can't remember how I was feeling the next morning.

Thank you for reading this. It is one of my most intense experiences.

Peace.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 9/21/2017 9:07:44 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sounds like you were tripping hard. If you have to ask, it ain't a breakthrough Wink

Driving while tripping endangers yourself and others. Don't do it.

(Edit: I check and it says you and your sitter drove, maybe I missed this before?)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Triglav
#3 Posted : 9/21/2017 10:43:00 PM

It was the sober friend who was driving Big grin Thank God.
I never had the chance to try DMT before, so I have no clue how much more intense that could be.
But I have heard people saying of breaking-through on other psychedelics, so I was wondering if that experience fits into the category.

strtman
#4 Posted : 9/22/2017 6:23:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful trip report.

Don't ask the question. If you have a break through you know it is a break through.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Triglav
#5 Posted : 9/22/2017 6:51:49 PM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Sounds like you were tripping hard. If you have to ask, it ain't a breakthrough Wink

Driving while tripping endangers yourself and others. Don't do it.

(Edit: I check and it says you and your sitter drove, maybe I missed this before?)

You probably missed that before. I was relatively mentally sober at that time of this drive. I could comprehend the road and the cars driving by easily but they were severly distorted. The cars looked like they were little toys.

Eaglepath
#6 Posted : 9/25/2017 11:21:58 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

A breakthrough is for me defined when I am drawned away from my body but conscious enough to ask the question: how do I get back from here?Smile
Or when you suddenly after 3 minutes just open your eyes and thinking for yourself: what da fuck happend?! Pleased
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

Triglav
#7 Posted : 5/11/2018 6:14:19 PM

Eaglepath wrote:
A breakthrough is for me defined when I am drawned away from my body but conscious enough to ask the question: how do I get back from here?Smile
Or when you suddenly after 3 minutes just open your eyes and thinking for yourself: what da fuck happend?! Pleased

According to your definition this was a breaktrough then. Smile

dharmadhatu
#8 Posted : 5/14/2018 3:28:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It seems everyone has a different definition. For me it is when I break into another realm, and this spacetime is (at best) a long-forgotten memory.

ETERNAL
#9 Posted : 5/14/2018 3:47:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are questioning if you broke thru or not, you didn't. You will know. Maybe next time. Peace.
There is only this and now. What this is exists as one.