We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Atomizers, Cartridges & Dilution (Terps vs PG) Options

Spacekitty541
#1 Posted : 9/17/2017 11:45:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok first post, so blessed to finally be here with everyone. I did my best to search this question and couldnt find much info. Im looking for peoples opinions on the best diluting liquid to use for vaporizing dmt out of disposable, ceramic element or wick type cartridges. Currently working with .9 mm hole size and it works great for thin liquids but i just cant bring myself to mix something so beautiful into petroleum based junk like PEG or PPG. This leads me to want to experiment with a terpene of some type, possibly myrcene just because i happen to have a few mls on hand, a friend had also mentioned he has flavorless monoterpenes that may work well also. Just wondering if anyone else has played with the ratios already (mg of dmt to ml of liquid) or found a better thining agent than PG. thank you

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

5-HT2a
#2 Posted : 9/19/2017 7:56:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this is pretty much uncharted territory. From what I've heard, dmt isn't soluble though in PG for it to be an effective solvent, so I'm also wondering how well terpenes would work. I believe the solubility would have to be somewhere near 1 gram per mL. If dmt isn't soluble enough in the myrcene, maybe try d-limonene?
"There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."
-William James, under the effects of nitrous oxide

Spacekitty541
#3 Posted : 9/19/2017 12:46:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So after using the magic google box to search instead of the nexus search function i was able to find quite a few more results. Some people are talking about the ratio not being high enough for a good enough hit. 5mg per pull even when thinned at 1000mg per ml.?? Others are saying that with "sub ohm" coils and high airflow tanks that much larger hits are possible, at least enough for some exploration and testing the boundaries. I believe they are using the large battery units and not the small cannabis pen units. Those using these "sub ohms" claim they are getting good results with around 250mg /1.5 ml using a pg/vg blend. (Heated on a stir plate to mix in)This leaves me a little clueless as to where to go with ratio after conflicting reports but oh well gotta start somewhere. Going to attempt a 50/50 pg/vg mix tomorrow at the mentioned 250mg to 1ml. Im going to do a little bit more searching regarding using terps before i attempt to make a terp based mix. Im also considering just trying to get some to absorb into pure thc distillate. I belive the high air flow tanks they speak of require a fairly viscous mixture regardless of what mix you do so something to keep in mind. If anyone has input on terps im all ears

Ulim
#4 Posted : 9/19/2017 2:17:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

5-HT2a wrote:
maybe try d-limonene?

I wouldnt do that because there is no way you could not cough.
Vaping pure terpenes is very overwhelming. Even vaping some herbs like mint or lavender will make you cough at low temps. Pure d-limonene will make you cough your lungs our while raping your tongue and throat with orange lemon taste.

@Spacekitty541
Look around the nexus there are tons of vaporizing threads already for non disposable vape tanks.
Like this one
This one
Even has multiple recipes