We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Teaching a friend how to extract - mixed feelings Options

blue.magic
#1 Posted : 9/17/2017 9:57:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have introduced a few people (mostly close friends) into the DMT world, usually by offering them light dose of changa preloaded in GVG. I wanted their experience to be as smooth and positive as possible.

One of my friends become interested in extractions so I was happy to share my knowledge and experience.

However... It took me weeks of trial and error, studying teks, reading forums, watching videos, gathering equipment and chems... and now this guy will be given everything on a silver plate - for free.
I even lost quite a lot of money during my initial experimentation and he will have everything handed and can avoid all my mistakes from starters. I am a bit envious even.

I know it's "bad karma" to keep knowledge for myself and I want to be a giving person and want to spread the medicine, but, I already feel drained from lack of appreciation and often getting overworked from projects I have and not feel like giving.

When it comes to offering medicine, I don't ask for money, only accept what people give me as a voluntary appreciation. But people either forget or give me a very tiny amount of money so I am always at loss, last time even got myself in financial troubles.

What would you do if a friend asks you on extraction advice? And do people around you value the medicine if you provide it to them?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

concombres
#2 Posted : 9/17/2017 10:18:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have taught one person & it was how to brew not full extraction. The same thing happened.

What my thoughts are is this. I never charge or ask for anything for showing anybody the ropes. I just allow them to be present& participate in the process when i produce whatever variation of DMT or DMT/harmala containing alchemy. Im very strict about who i even consider letting know i do this type of stuff.

At some point they start on their own attempts & i help there. But the minute they begin to expect me to provide materials or get anything for them they are on their own.

I feel if i were to teach anyone again i would make it a point to stress the fact i am guiding/teaching & not providing them with a product of any sort period.

blue.magic
#3 Posted : 9/17/2017 11:14:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the perspective, I will try to adopt it.

Just a guidance, he should find his own way anyway.

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 9/17/2017 11:32:37 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

First and foremost, drop the expectations. Offer this experience and knowledge as a gift, or don't offer it at all. When you start accounting; I put in this and only got this, you are missing the point entirely.

If you are not comfortable showing this person the ropes, then don't. Direct them to this website where there are plenty of people happy to freely guide someone through the process without playing these silly egoic expectation games.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 9/18/2017 1:25:09 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Everything dreamer said x100.

As to this...

blue.magic wrote:
When it comes to offering medicine, I don't ask for money, only accept what people give me as a voluntary appreciation. But people either forget or give me a very tiny amount of money so I am always at loss, last time even got myself in financial troubles.

I'm gonna channel my inner Uncle Knucles for a moment here.

Get over yourself, this is unmitigated nonsense. You might as well say:

"I don't ask for money, I just expect them to give me money. And when they don't give me money, or give me less money than I feel that they should, I get upset."

There's nothing special about giving people drugs...you can stop playing gatekeeper at any time and it will let you drop all your passive aggression about these "donations."

Sounds like you need to step back and examine your intentions.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Ulim
#6 Posted : 9/18/2017 1:41:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not his fault that you spend so much time for it.
I didnt fail extraction or study teks for weeks and whats so bad about it?

blue.magic
#7 Posted : 9/29/2017 1:37:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah maybe I should stop offering gifts when I am at deficiency myself, both financially and energetically.

Hoping that giving will somehow trigger abundance around me is probably a bad idea. Maybe i should be a little more selfish first, then give from excess.

SnozzleBerry
#8 Posted : 9/29/2017 4:09:36 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

blue.magic wrote:
Yeah maybe I should stop offering gifts when I am at deficiency myself, both financially and energetically.

Hoping that giving will somehow trigger abundance around me is probably a bad idea. Maybe i should be a little more selfish first, then give from excess.

There's really nothing in this thread that I can see that sounds like giving, to me. It sounds like posturing...at best.

Send your friend here and work on yourself in whatever ways you deem necessary Smile
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

CosmicLion
#9 Posted : 9/29/2017 4:40:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Last person I taught was a friend also in an advanced degree program making all A's... extremely smart.

I told her to go into the hardware store and by "sodium hydroxide" its in the white bottle that says "100% Lye" and to check the bottle to make sure that was the only ingredient.

I told her specifically not to ask the clerks because it is used to make meth and it would rise attention to us in our small town. I even told her EXACTLY where it was in the store.

I wait in the car and she comes out and says "I walked in and just asked the guys at the counter if they had pure sodium hydroxide drain cleaner, they just kind of looked at me weird and said no"

Mad Shocked

Sure enough I went in a few days later and of course they have a whole shelf of it, as usual.

ALSO

Her and her b/f (also genious level intelligence) start extracting and do it with all the windows open... and doing it IN FRONT of the window, right in front of it, big huge jugs and funnels... Busy pedestrian street, people walking by all day.

And they told everyone they knew, they were social, so that ended up being like 30+ people. They were proud of it.

Thumbs down

ALSO

I found out they met a guy at the bar who was talking about DMT and wanted to bring him home to show him the extraction as it was happening!

This, my friend, is why they were last people I will ever teach.

Doesn't matter how smart they are... some people just... act... dumb....

And it is NOT worth the risk to you...

Thumbs up
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

Psilosopher?
#10 Posted : 9/29/2017 4:48:51 AM

Don't Panic

CosmicLion wrote:
Last person I taught was a friend also in an advanced degree program making all A's... extremely smart.

I told her to go into the hardware store and by "sodium hydroxide" its in the white bottle that says "100% Lye" and to check the bottle to make sure that was the only ingredient.

I told her specifically not to ask the clerks because it is used to make meth and it would rise attention to us in our small town. I even told her EXACTLY where it was in the store.

I wait in the car and she comes out and says "I walked in and just asked the guys at the counter if they had pure sodium hydroxide drain cleaner, they just kind of looked at me weird and said no"

Mad Shocked

Sure enough I went in a few days later and of course they have a whole shelf of it, as usual.

ALSO

Her and her b/f (also genious level intelligence) start extracting and do it with all the windows open... and doing it IN FRONT of the window, right in front of it, big huge jugs and funnels... Busy pedestrian street, people walking by all day.

And they told everyone they knew, they were social, so that ended up being like 30+ people. They were proud of it.

Thumbs down

ALSO

I found out they met a guy at the bar who was talking about DMT and wanted to bring him home to show him the extraction as it was happening!

This, my friend, is why they were last people I will ever teach.

Doesn't matter how smart they are... some people just... act... dumb....

And it is NOT worth the risk to you...

Thumbs up

People's enthusiasm will be their downfall. I know from personal experience, from being fired at an old job for talking about it too much. Loose lips sink ships.

Just tell people to do their research. More rewarding that way.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

exquisitus
#11 Posted : 9/29/2017 4:57:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

sigh...

signs of the times, i guess. the kind of "spiritual" economy op has firmly in mind flourishes, where i live even to the point of being suffocating...

i have heard the exact same sentiment the op expressed above hundreds of times already and it never made sense to me. initially i tried to answer the way snozz does, thinking that i made sense and i was invariably met with no understanding, and even outright hostility. i can't change the fact that i share snozz point of view, in fact, i firmly stand by it, so i gave up even caring eventually...

respect to the user known as SnozzleBerry, very glad we have people like him here, a tiny a bit of hope in the encroaching chaos.

CosmicLion
#12 Posted : 9/29/2017 5:06:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
When you start accounting; I put in this and only got this, you are missing the point entirely.

ABSOLUTELY goes for life in general! Well said Dreamer042...

The truth is that many people suck... but that shouldn't stop you from experiencing the joy of generosity and kindness...

It's fulling in and of itself... without repayment.

AND

Also like life... its about finding the gems amongst the roughage... You may have lots of friends do bad things to you, lots of partners lie to you, and you may want to become misanthropic or more narcissistic.

But if you stop being charismatic and generous, and stop being honest, you won't be acting your best when that ONE person is around who can change everything for you.

If they are a really incredible person, too, they will be turned off by you being that way...

You will miss the boat entirely and be stuck with a lifetime of regret, anger and bitterness.

blue.magic
#13 Posted : 9/30/2017 8:52:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thx for all your comments!

When I think about it, I feel like having no one to share my joy with - the joy of discovering teks, growing fungi etc.

People ask me what I did during the weekend and I just cannot tell them I was extracting mescaline the whole two days.

Then I seem like closed and secretive and weird person to them which I hate.

My real life job is already too technical for most people and hence they can't connect with me through this - and extracting plant material is just another obscure hobby I can't even talk about.

I guess people generally need some positive feedback, some appreciation - you do not?

CosmicLion
#14 Posted : 9/30/2017 9:22:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You have us! Posting pics on the forum, or coming into chat with your new extraction!

Some people actually LIKE having occulted hobbies such as being a secretive underground chemist...

The personal grin you have knowing you are a badass... No need for external validation...

Hearing people talk about Mescaline, or DMT... Having them tell YOU about these substances and educate YOU about them! Then the smug little smile you have as you pretend to be informed for the first time.

Think of all the spirit entities who watch you as you do your work... winning lots of points with those on the other side of the veil!

Thumbs up

blue.magic
#15 Posted : 10/1/2017 12:05:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You made my day, CosmicLion.

Just_Floating
#16 Posted : 11/28/2017 7:31:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like everything you guys have said.

I too have felt emotions as OP does. And even to this day I question whether I should share my experience with all or not. Great discernment for me is to be used because I feel that most/some people are not mature enough or ready for the experience of DMT. No one handed me the recipes or the materials or the hours and hours I've drained to learn what I know. But that's even besides the point. I think that this spice has a way of finding YOU, if it is meant to be Pleased

blue.magic
#17 Posted : 11/29/2017 1:33:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just_Floating wrote:
I like everything you guys have said.

I too have felt emotions as OP does. And even to this day I question whether I should share my experience with all or not. Great discernment for me is to be used because I feel that most/some people are not mature enough or ready for the experience of DMT. No one handed me the recipes or the materials or the hours and hours I've drained to learn what I know. But that's even besides the point. I think that this spice has a way of finding YOU, if it is meant to be Pleased

Yes. Immaturity is a problem. I spotted one guy actually bragging on FB Messenger to some girlfriend that he's going to "cook some DMT". That was a big NO NO and a huge red flag. Since then I started being super careful about people who I share DMT experience with. They are sometimes simply not ready, taking it as "fun" or "little adventure".

Now I understand why the participants of rumored initiation ritual to "LSD family" in 60s had to take ridiculous dose of LSD in order to be accepted as members...

Loveall
#18 Posted : 11/29/2017 7:43:23 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I think I understand what is being said about not bragging and being cautious. I would like to bring up a separate point of view here.

No one is going to give us the right to access and experience nature as we personally see fit. One could argue about how this restriction of personal freedom became so widespread, but I don't want to dwell on that. In practice, we have been denied these natural given rights and that is what matters now.

So how do we get these rights back? No one is going to give them to us. We have to take them.

I don't have the answer, but there is one success story we can relate to: the gay community. In only 50 years they went from having Turin chemically castrated to obtaining the right to marry (in broad terms, some authoritarian parts of the world still deny them rights and/or throw them off buildings).

One key thing the gay community did is come out. When you have a loved one do this and are personally affected, abstract arrogant ideologies restricting freedoms quickly melt away under the scrutiny of real experience.

So what would happen if we started to come out? We are a diverse group of loving parents, heads of departments, scientists, engineers, writers, students, etc. Some of us have found our spirituality rescued by our natural plant teachers. Others have overcome trauma and addiction. All these stories are here on the Nexus. Again, what would happen if we came out? Some brave scientists risking their careers and reputation are slowly showing the usefulness of our plant medicines and a change in attitude seems to be happening in the media.

So if we come out and explain the benefits of these natural substances to our friends and loved ones, would we really be prosecuted? Or instead would we help trigger the change to a better world better connected to nature? Is that loving couple extracting DMT openly and excitedly proclaiming the benefits of our plant allies really just dangerously showing off? Or are they helping change happen through straightforward innocent honesty and enthusiasm?

PS: I remain on the psychedelic closet. I do it for the sake of my family. However, it hurts to not be able to share a very important part of what makes me a better person.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Godsmacker
#19 Posted : 11/29/2017 10:17:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The next time someone wants me to teach them how to "make DMT," I'm going to give them some assorted Acacia seeds, tell them to grow those trees, get them established in the Good Earth, and THEN get back to me five years later. If they happen to go through with it and still want to learn how to "make DMT." I'll tell them that they've been making it for the past five years in those DMT factories commonly called trees.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

Northerner
#20 Posted : 11/30/2017 12:43:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As already touched on, the problem with teaching people is that it hands them something that they should achieve for themselves. It takes some effort and perseverance to research and understand teks, collect the equipment and materials and then perform an initial extraction without assistance. If you really want it you can do it, it's not that hard and most of us here have done it. But it takes some level of determination and desire to create this.

People who wouldn't be willing to go to this sort of effort are often more than happy to let someone else do all the work and have it handed to them. They are often also exactly the sort of people that shouldn't have this knowledge.

They are often also the same people who would be willing to pay top dollar for crystal DMT in a bag, and there they should stay. Not that I agree with the sale of DMT but for all the reasons above and more they shouldn't be handed the keys.

blue.magic wrote:
What would you do if a friend asks you on extraction advice? And do people around you value the medicine if you provide it to them?

None of my friends know anything about me and this subject. On a rare occasion I share with someone else if they ask where I got it I tell them I bought it, and if asked further I can't help them hook it up. I never give if asked either. In fact if someone asks me I'll never give to them again, bloodhound druggies are a no go.

I am extremely cautious. I have children, a career and much to lose. I've had a scare before. The last thing I need is some fool blabbing his mouth and a loud knock on the door at 6am.

Thankfully the Nexus is here to share my stories with, otherwise my partner would get sick of listening to me. Laughing
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.