We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Re-x and naphtha recycle all at once! Options

Kkvguitarist
#1 Posted : 9/17/2017 4:08:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So this is my first time doing this process but as I've started to Tinker I have kind of found a method that I believe is working if anybody knows any reason why this isn't working please let me know.

From what i understand after doing either STB or A/B you are left at the ende with naptha containing your magical ingredients.
Now a common next step is to do a mini a/b in order to re-x and purify. Sooooo.

Using 1kg of MHRB i divided up in 50g bags, powdered, mix with distilled water and citric acid/or vinegar, let sit, use lye to basify to 13+ add 1st amount of naphtha for pull.
Since i am doing 50g incremens i am doing multiple jars at one time. So with a group of 6 jars i add naptha to all, turn/stir/whatever, let sit, then i decant off with baster then pippette and squirt directly into a mason jar with 250ml dist. Water and .5 g of citric acid (water acidified to around 2 or 3) and i combine all the 1st pulls into this jar. Then shake/stir/whatever let seperate, now spice is in acidified water. Decant off slightly yellow naphtha and return to jars for 2nd pull, repeat with other jars until water becomes cloudy. Save water and replace with clean acidic water, when all jars are finished combine cloudy spice water, basify and i am personally going to use small amounts of heptane to pull out spice and either freeze precip or evap.

This allows you to do many small batches instead of large ones to get every last bit of spice out and also reuse and clean naphtha as you go.

Anyone see any problems with this? I dont beleive that the naptha will loose its effectiveness in pulling spice but i may be wrong.. correct me if i am

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Kkvguitarist
#2 Posted : 9/17/2017 1:43:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So a little update, i have been using the above mentioned method now and this is a picture of my solvent/acidic water after about 200g of mhrb has been processed
Kkvguitarist attached the following image(s):
1505652240121430742125.jpg (2,558kb) downloaded 85 time(s).

Du57mi73
#3 Posted : 9/18/2017 3:06:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For a split second I was wondering how you froze your naptha/acid water(because the pic is sideways).

Anyway, that looks about right. Just remember the solubility of the citrate salt I think is close to 1g per 100ml water. So each 50g jar should have about 100ml of acidified water associated with it.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

Kkvguitarist
#4 Posted : 9/18/2017 4:00:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Okay that's something I didn't know thank you very much

Sakkadelic
#5 Posted : 9/18/2017 4:04:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i used this method before when i didn't have much naphtha, i was pulling just from one bottle directly into another with acidified water shake for few minutes then pull the naphtha again into the basic soup bottle for a new pull, it's tiring but it works. it serves as a cleaning step too. the only problem i had was not knowing whether the quantity of acidic water i was using was enough to convert all the DMT or not and i wanted it to be minimal, what Du57mi73 mentioned seems reasonable Thumbs up
i will definitely use it next time, naphtha is expensive here.
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky