We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : 30mg of DMT is like
Choice Votes Statistics
<1g dried cubensis 0 0 %
1.5g dried cubensis 0 0 %
2g dried cubensis 1 4 %
2.5g dried cubensis 0 0 %
3g dried cubensis 0 0 %
3.5g dried cubensis 3 13 %
4g dried cubensis 0 0 %
>5g dried cubensis 13 59 %
It doesn't compare at all. 5 22 %

PREV12
Mushrooms vs DMT Options

jamie
#21 Posted : 11/15/2009 8:40:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I think the peak effects are very similar either way..even when smoked..sure there are some differences..

a psilocybin peak is similar to a DMT peak..DMT just lasts a few minutes where psilocybin peaks for like 30-45 miunutes..thats basically it with psilocybin..you dont peak for hours, the experience can last hours but not the peak..I have never ever peaked for more than 45 minutes with psilocybin..i am talking about the deep visionary stage with intricate CEV that unfold liek stories and scenes with entities etc..
Long live the unwoke.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

polytrip
#22 Posted : 11/15/2009 8:47:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
The method of ingestion, we all seem to agree, is the main difference because of how fast it hit's and because of duration.

Oral DMT and shrooms are very simmilar. There is a great deal of consensus about that.

The experience of smoked DMT is for a large part determined by the catapult effect, wich you don't have with shrooms if taken in the traditional manner.
I expect though, that smoked, snorted or sublingually taken pure psilocin, psilocybin or 4-AcO-DMT, would be very simmilar in this respect. Duration would also be a difference here.

I am often fantasizing about taking free-base shrooms, but i never get to actually doing it because i am just way too much in love with ayahuasca.
If anybody here has ever done such a thing, i would be curious to here how it compares.

antichode
#23 Posted : 11/15/2009 9:42:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When SWIM was younger he used to get intense chatter from mushrooms, but as he got older and came to learn more about his self he relaised the chatter for what it was and now every time is able to go past it

Sometimes when the chatter starts up it is easy to get stuck in a loop, but the trick is very simple... Its just to be aware of it, just recognise it for what it is. Then you can just let it come and go and not react to it. If enough mushroms are consumed the chatter builds to an intolerable level just before it is broken up into a million pieces and layed out infront of you, its those moments that you get a glimpse of human kinds curse.... our total identification with the ego and its chatter

its hillarious dont you think?

Its like being in a dream and realissing that your dreaming, you usually wake up instantly. Recognising your own ego has the same effect, you are all of a sudden existing as a seperate part of it, and not one with it Smile

endlessness
#24 Posted : 11/15/2009 10:01:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nice post antichode

fathomlessness
#25 Posted : 7/2/2016 10:13:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
I think the peak effects are very similar either way..even when smoked..sure there are some differences..

a psilocybin peak is similar to a DMT peak..DMT just lasts a few minutes where psilocybin peaks for like 30-45 miunutes..thats basically it with psilocybin..you dont peak for hours, the experience can last hours but not the peak..I have never ever peaked for more than 45 minutes with psilocybin..i am talking about the deep visionary stage with intricate CEV that unfold liek stories and scenes with entities etc..

That's a good point, thanks for pointing that out. I am assuming after the peak you just feel a slight body load and enhanced awareness as it gradually fades.

fathomlessness
#26 Posted : 7/2/2016 10:14:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:

After I had a handfull of mckenna style doses it was like I couldnt go back to that old low to mid level trip..even the lower doses get me there.

Wow Shocked Talk about synaptic plasticity! You made enough deposits to live off it's interest.

fathomlessness
#27 Posted : 7/2/2016 10:15:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:
Within five minute my existance was hopeless and I felt like anything that I ever did will never matter so I might as well die. Tears began streaming down my face.

It's funny how if you hear that kind of sad inner voice normally or even in words alone, the comprehension just isn't there. You're like "yeah, whatever", but on shrooms it just opens up your ability to understand how true a concept like that may actually be, and how profound it actually is.

geeg30
#28 Posted : 7/3/2016 7:26:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fathomlessness - have you noticed that you are replying to a post that is nearly 7 years old. You might not get a reply
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

PREV12