We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
small mushroom report, sore throat Options

grollum
#1 Posted : 8/27/2017 1:26:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A friend of mine gave me this report with some questions to post it here:

The effects came quickly after about 30 minutes and then increased steadily for some time.
I had some fast changing and moving closed eye visuals which were not very strong and colorful but definitely opened up a special space where aspects of other beeings were somehow present. I also had the feeling that someone is making fast oscillating and pulsing sounds changing with the visuals.

My body and mostly the brain slightly felt like it got sweeped by some little flying and rotating beeings. Which did something on the borders of my awareness. I tried to not react to much and just observe what was happening. After some time I had to somehow shake my body and lough a bit uncontrollable. This happend again from time to time during the trip but I tried to stay in bed.

After this phase of visionary lightness and joke there came a phase of catharsis, where many of my recent negative experience bubbled up in me and visited me giving me a chance to let them go. Roughly in this time my body started to gag and I tried to puke but couldn't. This was somehow interconnected with the intensity of the bad feelings I experienced at this time.

I tried to let the things happen in me without reacting to much to them. Simply let them flow through me. This was very exhausting and it felt like I somehow passed away into a dream or sleep like state where I was not really aware of my self and time and space. Thinking about it afterwards it feels like a protective reaction somehow. But who knows.

All in all I had a quite heavy body load and felt quite sick after the middle of the trip with a sore throat, running nose, changing body temperature, dizziness and nausea.

I remember that the trips I had with mushrooms in the past where never that heavy for the body in the past. Even with the use of Syrian Rue. But I also never did it alone and in the dark, and maybe it never got so personal before.

I think my body reactions were all in a normal range. I was really upset about the heavy throat pain which I now realize is maybe caused by the gagging before. I remember that I had some similar throat problems in the past also on LSD. Maybe it has to do with eating not enough or something similar. Does someone of you maybe know how this throat pain might be triggered? Do you have similar experiences? Shall I have some medicine against it at hand next time?

From the side of the trip I really think I try 4g next time. But when the body problems then get worse that really might be to much for me.

But I really liked to do it alone in the dark silence. That really helped my to get some things done and not get lost in interactions with the outer world.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

grollum
#2 Posted : 9/2/2017 7:49:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend told me now that he ate something 3 hours into the trip. Maybe he ate the wrong stuff or to much? He was so hungry because of fasting since noon. The Time he ate was at arround 11pm.

How do you handle hunger during a trip, and can this be a reason for heavy bodyload or nausea?

Loveall
#3 Posted : 9/3/2017 6:55:36 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Hunger will go away in my experience if the dose is high enough. It will return during the come down.

Nausea and body load. I've found that growing your own mushrooms helps. Try different strains. Best results for me are making a tea with dry chopped up mushrooms. Add soothing herbs that you can also grow yourself. Read a book on herbalism, I can recommend one if you are interested.

Here is an old recipe passed down to me. I pass it on to you here,

Bring water to a boil in a pot and turn the heat off
Add soothing powerfull herbs of your choice. Thank the herbs and think of a nice memory you share such as when you saw them sprout.
After 10 minutes or so remove the herbs and bring water to near boil again.
Turn off the fire.
Add a some lemon juice. Smile, you are releasing protons - there is a joke about having a positive attitude in there somewhere.
Add the dried mushroom pieces. Thank them and share a memory with them.
Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
It helps to grow your own and have plenty. No need to skweeze the mushroom pieces at the end which may introduce something you don't want. Your choice. Either way remove the mushroom pieces and give them to your compost pile so they can meet you again as herbs.
Pour into your favorite coup and stir in your favorite honey.
Enjoy the tea. It will be pleasurable. Share some memories with the tea. Realize that the tea itself is what made you read that herbal book and plant that garden and obtain those purple spores which you nurtured and loved.
Thank the tea.

Peace and love brother.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

grollum
#4 Posted : 9/3/2017 9:10:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey loveall,

maybe eating something a few hours before the trip is enough dont have to be the halfday?
Growing the own mushrooms is an idea. I heard Panaeolus cyanescens is a bit softer. In my memories from years ago they are also a bit darker but more powerfull. maybe worth a try.

Which book on herbalism can you suggest?

Thanks for the recipe. Which herbs would you personally use for the tea?

Loveall
#5 Posted : 9/4/2017 2:52:11 PM

❤️‍🔥

Hi grollum.

Eating before is ok, but as I understand it, any food in your stomach will lower the max concentration of psilocybin in your brain since it will take longer to get into the blood stream. This is what I've heard, not sure though.

If hunger is a big issue for you, the herbs you use in the mushroom tea may help. Green tea contains capsaicin which should help the feeling of hunger. There is also an interesting plant, carralluma fimbriata that may be useful for hunger issues. You mentioned throat pain, I have found that Marshmallow plant tea is very soothing when I a get sore throat.

In my particular case I add lemon balm and ginger as my preferred herbs for my magic tea. I find they calm my mind and stomach and help with the set and setting. They also give the tea a great flavor. I've also wanted to add Valerian, but I have not been able to grow this plant yet. These herbs are not what I always use, but lately they are my favorite.

You can also try to make teas without the mushroom. Mix different herbs and see how they affect you. We are all different and exploring a personal relationship with medicinal herbs a can be very rewarding. Use these learnings when it is time to make the magical tea.

I hope you find something that works or helps. There is a lot of synergy to be found in nature, and ultimately the mushrooms can themselves be considered another herbal ingredient. The Changa combo is well know by nexians, what else is there out there?

The herbal book I recommend is "The Herbal Medicine-Maker's Handbook A Home Manual", by James Green. Everything a beginner needs to know yet deep in knowledge. If focuses on a few key plants (and one mushroom Big grin so you really get to know them).

One thing to keep in mind is that while natural herbs are very safe there could be rare interactions with combinations. St. John's Wort has some questions around it for example (read this). I don't want to overly concern you, just be mindful that these natural plants can be powerful and read about them, especially if you try the newer or esoteric plants. Good old green tea, lemon balm, marshmallow, and ginger are very safe for example and could be a good starting point for you. Try them without mushrooms first and get to know them if interested in them.

I wish you safe and pleasant travels brother.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 9/4/2017 9:28:25 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Loveall wrote:
Green tea contains capsaicin

No it doesn't. Not unless you've added chilli to it. Maybe you're thinking of catechin Wink

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Loveall
#7 Posted : 9/4/2017 10:08:54 PM

❤️‍🔥

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Loveall wrote:
Green tea contains capsaicin

No it doesn't. Not unless you've added chilli to it. Maybe you're thinking of catechin Wink

I stand corrected. Thanks! This also means that green tea alone may not help our cosmonaut friend with his/her hunger concern. There should be an herb for that issue like the one mentioned earlier (carralluma fimbriata - or adding chilli as you said which turns out to be commercially available, go figure). Also, as mentioned before higher mushroom dose also helps forget about the hunger until the comedown in my particular experience. Cheers.

grollum
#8 Posted : 9/7/2017 10:09:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the infos and the name of the book. I think its a bit trial and error until one find the right setting and plants. I still think 3 hours eating the last food before the intake might be enough.

I remembered on thing my friend told me i forgot to mention. can hypothyreosis be a problem with shrooms? I mean underfunction of thyroid.

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 9/7/2017 11:35:32 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Green tea might help with the 'hunger issue' through the stimulating properties of the caffeine alone. I've found carefully made, high-quality green tea to be quite pleasant at some point during a mushroom trip.

grollum wrote:
How do you handle hunger during a trip?

Er, maybe eat some food? You might want to carefully consider having some wholesome food ready before embarking on the trip.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

grollum
#10 Posted : 9/9/2017 1:49:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think eating some small amounts of good food after the peak is totaly a good idea...
Maybe some matcha after eating might also compensate sleepiness and gives some power for the rest of the trip maybe...