We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Growing and extracting coca Options

AwesomeUsername
#1 Posted : 8/23/2017 1:28:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lately I've been reading up on cocaine, and its possible uses and concluded that it was indeed a powerful tool. Aside from being the most powerful brain stimulant known to man (at least naturally occurring, not sure if there are some new more powerful RCs), it also prevents bleeding and gives local anesthesia.

That got me thinking, I could probably grow coca on my balcony. I assume but don't really know that about one bush of that stuff could yield enough cocaine to be enough for personal use.

You probably wonder why extract?

-I will know the dose
-If I injure myself I could easily apply the cocaine solution to stop the bleeding and pain.
-If snorted it provides a rush which coca tea simply doesn't compare to.
-Easier to carry around.
-Since it's homemade anyways, I will be sure it's pure and not cut with nasty stuff so I know exactly what I'm using.

As for the addictive potential goes, I'm not to worried about that since I couldn't even get dependent of tobacco, caffeine, opiates, other stimulants if I tried. I've seen other people struggle very hard to quit, and almost always relapsing.

My personal opinion is that cocaine has it's uses as a study aid, recreational drug, medicine while at the same time being safer than amphetamines if used responsibly. On the street, it's cut way too much, with stuff you really don't want to introduce to your system and very very overpriced.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

skoobysnax
#2 Posted : 8/23/2017 5:13:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AwesomeUsername wrote:
Lately I've been reading up on cocaine, and its possible uses and concluded that it was indeed a powerful tool. Aside from being the most powerful brain stimulant known to man (at least naturally occurring, not sure if there are some new more powerful RCs), it also prevents bleeding and gives local anesthesia.

That got me thinking, I could probably grow coca on my balcony. I assume but don't really know that about one bush of that stuff could yield enough cocaine to be enough for personal use.

You probably wonder why extract?

-I will know the dose
-If I injure myself I could easily apply the cocaine solution to stop the bleeding and pain.
-If snorted it provides a rush which coca tea simply doesn't compare to.
-Easier to carry around.
-Since it's homemade anyways, I will be sure it's pure and not cut with nasty stuff so I know exactly what I'm using.

As for the addictive potential goes, I'm not to worried about that since I couldn't even get dependent of tobacco, caffeine, opiates, other stimulants if I tried. I've seen other people struggle very hard to quit, and almost always relapsing.

My personal opinion is that cocaine has it's uses as a study aid, recreational drug, medicine while at the same time being safer than amphetamines if used responsibly. On the street, it's cut way too much, with stuff you really don't want to introduce to your system and very very overpriced.

Stick with the leaf chewing friend. After fighting addiction to this stuff for 10 years of my life and nearly a decade away from it I can say horrors await on that path. Many other ways to get the effects you wish for in the land of nootropics. I thought I had a non-addictive personality at one time in my life. I got schooled the hard way.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 8/23/2017 6:26:56 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Coca is a slow growing plant and only averages around .5% total alkaloid content in the best of conditions (native habitat, high altitude, correct temperature/humidity and soil conditions). Put simply, a small bush on your porch is not going to provide sufficient leaf material for extraction for even infrequent use. It would provide enough for infrequent use of tea or quids when mature if well cared for and sustainably harvested. Even then, ability to harvest would not allow for any kind of regular use (think a few times a year at best) and alkaloid content is likely to be much lower than under native growing conditions.

Isolation of cocaine from coca leaf typically requires materials that fall outside the scope of the forum attitude and is discouraged overall due to the addiction potential and associated legal ramifications. Whole leaf contains many other alkaloids of interest that synergize with the cocaine, not to mention the nutritional and health benefits. If you are going to go to the effort of cultivating this esteemed plant, it makes little sense to throw away all the benefits of the whole plant medicine in the short sighted pursuit of a tiny amount of a single alkaloid.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

syberdelic
#4 Posted : 8/23/2017 7:26:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got the chance to chew on some coca leaves in Peru, and I must say that it takes a lot of effort to get a noticeable stimulant effect from them with just leaf. A cheek full of leaf would produce a barely noticeable effect after 10-15 minutes. With the "activator" (mostly ash and maybe some baking soda) added it comes on a little faster and more front and center. At one point, I went all in and had so much coca in my mouth with activator that I could barely talk. The peak of the effect was still less than a Starbucks drink or energy drink.

To confound this even more, I am very sensitive to stimulants so I would imagine that for many to get a significant stimulant effect from coca leaves would be nearly impossible.

I would imagine that the sludge from a simple acetone extraction placed under the gums would be fairly effective, but you would still need a good kilo of leaf to get a reasonable yield.