We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Simple Bufo Extraction Ideas Options

Oncewas
#1 Posted : 11/10/2009 2:33:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ideally one would want pure bufotenine(spelling error). Though the solvents and acids involved in this are not with-in my current grasp. Nor do I have the adequate funds for this, especially right now.

The reason for wanting to do an extraction of any kind is I have heard of TERRIBLE side-effects from people. Ranging from migraines, nausea, to heart palpatations with little effects from smoking unprepared seeds.

I would like to thank 69ron for this post - http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=3053

I like most people these days have a preferred method of ingestion. I prefer combustion/vaporizing, over eating, inter-rectal, etc. So my crude extraction must be ideal for smoking.

The source will be yopo seeds(not sure exactly which kind they are but they are viable).

So to do a very crude extraction, would it be feasible, to:
1. Grind seeds FINELY
2. defat with naptha because bufo is NOT soluble in this.
3. Decant naptha, keep seed mush.
4. Dry seed mush into powder
5. Smoke? or does it need to be basified(Sodium Carbonate) first?

Any tips or ideas for a basic, easily attainable, smokeable bufo with less side-effects then raw seeds?

Thank you for your time!Very happy

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

w0mbat
#2 Posted : 11/10/2009 4:12:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Smoke that and you'll have a ton of side effects - like, nothing but side effects.

The whole point of the chemical processes you read about is purification. What you're outlining isn't really purification at all
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

jamie
#3 Posted : 11/10/2009 4:23:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

DO NOT smoke bufotenine salts!!..you will regret it! You need to freebase the bufotenine..

Here is what I do..
Toast the seeds
grind them up
freebase with sodium carbonate and water
toast again
pull with 99%iso 3-4 times
combine pulls and evaporate to a goo
toast the goo
dissolve the goo in iso in a small evaporation dish and get a glass eyedropper..some crap will not dissolve..you dont want it, so remove the liquid with the eyedropper into another dish leaving the solid stuff behind.
evaporate it back down into a sticky sort of brown stuff.

You should not need to defat, toasting removes lots of fats..though a defat/cleanup with naptha at the end on the goo might remove some more stuff(bufo is not soluble in naptha)..I will have to try that.

It is quite potent and there is minimal side effects as long as you toast it for long enough, as toasting destoys the toxins and may also convert the bufo n oxide back to bufotenine..if you space apart the doses you dont get too much constriction. I evaporate it onto a leaf base along with harmala's..it is similar to ayahuasca that way, but a bit different..lasts about an hour.

Or you can clean it up from there..boil in xylene or limonene(search for jorkests tek)..I havent bothered to try for crystals yet, but in the future when I have lots of seeds and dont mind wasting some I will be aiming for crystals. I get *very* powerful effects with my bufotenine changa already though.
Long live the unwoke.

Oncewas
#4 Posted : 11/10/2009 5:20:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow thanks for such a detailed post. That sounds feasible. I'll just have to dry some 90% IPA.

I'm not working with a lot but I don't think I could loose too much going that route. Just got a little bit from a good friend of mine who said he wanted me to try this method out.

Like I said no serious purification is needed, but what you have described sounds simple, and I trust the judgement. Very happy

Thanks again!

soulfood
#5 Posted : 11/10/2009 5:21:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

mydriasis wrote:

The source will be yopo seeds(not sure exactly which kind they are but they are viable).

So to do a very crude extraction, would it be feasible, to:
1. Grind seeds FINELY
2. defat with naptha because bufo is NOT soluble in this.
3. Decant naptha, keep seed mush.
4. Dry seed mush into powder
5. Smoke? or does it need to be basified(Sodium Carbonate) first?

What Fractal said.

Also I know a lot of people refer to cebil as yopo, cebil being what you need, but there are actually sources of authentic yopo, so make sure that you do actually have cebil (anadenanthera colubrina).

Naphtha will get practically nothing out of these seeds. You need a much stronger solvent to defat with.

Oncewas
#6 Posted : 11/10/2009 5:44:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It probably is Cebil, I'll have to ask them which one it is. They just told me it was some left over yopo.

Learning new things Very happy.

jamie
#7 Posted : 11/10/2009 5:58:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Just start low to test your sensitivity..there are still some negative/pergative effects felt..but they seem to be avoidable if you space your hits apart 1 or 2 minutes..and are part of the traditional experience anywayWink

At real high visionary doses I think everyone will feel a bit of nausea for the first 2 minutes..but it's not too bad and the reast of the trip always seems well worth it.
Long live the unwoke.