We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Toxicity in Nexus Chat Options

#1 Posted : 8/20/2017 6:16:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I feel it man. I backed off of talking as much as I was in chat, I just come in to typically talk with a few people, or get lost in reading stuff on other sites so I don't end up saying a whole lot. Keep in touch dude

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Cognitive Heart
#2 Posted : 8/20/2017 9:04:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good on you, DeDao. Time away can be nourishing. All chat-rooms have their ups and downs. I haven't checked into the Nexus chat for little over a year now due to some uncertainties but it'll always hold great memories and for the most part, solid discussions, suggestions and questions.

Might I ask what you really mean by "toxicity?" It can be difficult to see the POV from others through screens, without hardly any recognition of emotions, attitude and general tone of speech. For me, that's where it hits pretty hard in online chat-rooms. Sometimes giving way to unnecessary anxiety.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

melotikaci
#3 Posted : 8/20/2017 9:07:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What do you mean by toxicity? (hostile/ill-intended people, trolls, etc.)

JustAnotherHuman
#4 Posted : 8/21/2017 5:26:01 AM

You create your own reality

I don't know, DeDao, my experience of the chat has been very different. I'm on the chat regularly, and it's been nothing but awesome for me.Very happy
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

alkan0id
#5 Posted : 8/21/2017 8:22:11 AM

hitchin' a ride

Hey Dao,

What's up? You left the chat suddenly right before you made this post, apparently in a good mood. You didn't seem angry or offended to me, so I'm a little surprised.

You know I was only joking around with you right?

If you consider me one of the "toxic" ones, I'd rather you told me up front.

Anyway, you do what's right for you, and we'll see you when you feel ready to come back.

Love ya buddy <3
Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he load 40 milligrams or only 30?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is DMT, the most powerful hallucinogen in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Intezam
#6 Posted : 8/21/2017 9:11:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

melotikaci
#7 Posted : 8/21/2017 9:34:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
If Dao goes, Intezam goes....

We can completely remove chat plugin if that happens Very happy

endlessness
#8 Posted : 8/21/2017 3:06:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If something is bothering you in the chat, I think the best is to get a screenshot/copy-paste of the part that bothers you, and ideally discuss it privately with the person. Often people feel offended/put-off due to misunderstandings, and mostly everybody here is willing to improve themselves. Even if that person doesn't change, at least they have been told and maybe it takes a while to sink in, or it takes someone else complaining about the same thing.. And you can also always talk to a mod about it who can either talk to the people involved, or help steer the chat in a better direction next time. This way everybody benefits from your constructive criticism.

I have no clue what exactly you are reffering to but whenever I see people acting in an unfriendly way or against the Nexus attitude, I try to do my part to put things in the right track

Im way less often in the chat these days but im always happy when I see you online and I would think its sad if you (and intezam) are gone. I hope this can be worked out and you can come back Smile

Either way, hope you make good use of your time elsewhere than the Nexus! Smile

alkan0id
#9 Posted : 8/21/2017 4:45:20 PM

hitchin' a ride

Yeah I feel you man. Feeling the same way myself, to be honest. Just allowed myself to get lured into an argument in chat on a subject that I know the vast majority of people here don't agree with me on - with predictable results.

It's easy to use chat/the internet in general as a crutch and means to avoid dealing with reality. If psychedelics take us into hyperspace, then the internet takes us into a black hole.

I'm taking a break too. It sucks to be somewhere where you're in a minority.

Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he load 40 milligrams or only 30?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is DMT, the most powerful hallucinogen in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

D.REYx420
#10 Posted : 8/21/2017 7:49:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

<3 take care guys
"we are not human being's having spiritual experiences, we are spiritual being's having human experience's." (Teilhard de Chardin (1975?)

AcaciaConfusedYah
#11 Posted : 8/21/2017 8:08:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

To the fellas choosing to take breaks, take care my friends. Be well, and don't hesitate to send me a PM if yah ever wanna talk. Smile

Love ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Yumi
#12 Posted : 8/21/2017 11:20:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeDao, for a while you and I talked frequently, And gamed online, I really enjoyed it. After a while you started to grow distant, Wich is normal it happens, I think you misunderstood my sense of humor, Therefore I refuse to address you because its not worth my energy or yours. And don't get me wrong, I think your a great person, I just think you take things a bit to seriously. I wish you the best.
The Snakes Den \m/\m/

" Speak the ancient wisdom of the desert "