We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvaging a burnt brew Options

Psilociraptor
#1 Posted : 8/18/2017 12:20:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Second boil went dry and I came down stairs to the smell of burnt hotdogs Sad Is it game over? Should I still go on to a third boil? I'm not even sure how to calculate my dosages now as I was just planning on dividing the combined 3 boils of 125g into five parts (ie 25g a part) but now the potency is likely compromised. There might not even be an answer to this one other than sip on it and see how it goes. But I bet I'm not the first person to do this so I figured I'd ask anyways

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

pinkoyd
#2 Posted : 8/18/2017 3:27:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

If there's still goo in there it might be worth tasting. If it's all carbonized forget about it.
I already asked Alice.

Psilociraptor
#3 Posted : 8/18/2017 4:14:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hmm i honestly didn't check. I freaked and immediately threw more water on top. I could tell that some was definitely toasted afterwords by scraping the bottom. But I don't know how much may have not been. It seems it's still getting very very dark and smells like it should. But i don't know if that bares any indication of the constituents i'm interested in. I'm hoping some was still left in the bark for the third boil. Fingers crossed

ijahdan
#4 Posted : 8/18/2017 10:27:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it a caapi brew? You could filter it, then base it to salvage the alkaloids as freebase, then A/B again to clean more of the burnt stuff out.

Psilociraptor
#5 Posted : 8/18/2017 2:05:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ijahdan wrote:
Is it a caapi brew? You could filter it, then base it to salvage the alkaloids as freebase, then A/B again to clean more of the burnt stuff out.

Yeah it's caapi brew. I should have specified that my bad. That's an interesting idea. I was sort of looking to have the full spectrum tea though. Since i'm not combining this with any DMT source i suppose i'll just truck on and hope for the best. Will definitely keep that in mind though. I haven't really done too much kitchen chemistry yet so I'll have to dig a little deeper on what that entails but it sounds pretty straight forward.

ijahdan
#6 Posted : 8/18/2017 11:22:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I know what you mean about wanting the full traditional brew. I only freebase small amounts of caapi for making changa and save the rest for brewing. The caapi extraction is probably the easiest of all the 'teks' though. Can be done using easily obtained, foodsafe ingredients, no petrochemicals required. Think you end up with a fairly full spectrum product as well.

You could always drink a dose first and if it's too burnt tasting to stomache, just freebase the rest so nothing goes to waste.

Psilociraptor
#7 Posted : 8/18/2017 11:35:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ijahdan wrote:
Yeah I know what you mean about wanting the full traditional brew. I only freebase small amounts of caapi for making changa and save the rest for brewing. The caapi extraction is probably the easiest of all the 'teks' though. Can be done using easily obtained, foodsafe ingredients, no petrochemicals required. Think you end up with a fairly full spectrum product as well.

You could always drink a dose first and if it's too burnt tasting to stomache, just freebase the rest so nothing goes to waste.

I'm not even worried about the taste. Maybe I should be? Big grin Lol. Just the potency. I plan on making some changa soon though so that's a good thing to learn anyways.

pinkoyd
#8 Posted : 8/19/2017 12:09:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

Never burned aya, but I've burned more than my share of trich brews. Makes it taste even worse if you can imagine that. Shocked
I already asked Alice.

Psilociraptor
#9 Posted : 8/19/2017 3:46:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

pinkoyd wrote:
Never burned aya, but I've burned more than my share of trich brews. Makes it taste even worse if you can imagine that. Shocked

I actually can't Big grin I have never taken a trich. I have had bridgesii and san pedro growing for several years but the time never felt right and I wanted them to get a little bigger. Except for once I was going to eat some trimmings and a severe thunderstorm popped up out of nowhere so i put it away. I've heard it's pretty wretched though

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 8/20/2017 8:58:17 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
I've heard it's pretty wretched though

It doesn't have to be. When drinking warm brew I've managed to convince myself it tastes like chicken soup. At least for a time.

Cold brew tastes vile if you make it too acidic.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Psilociraptor
#11 Posted : 8/21/2017 3:28:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:
I've heard it's pretty wretched though

It doesn't have to be. When drinking warm brew I've managed to convince myself it tastes like chicken soup. At least for a time.

Cold brew tastes vile if you make it too acidic.

Chicken soup eh? Is there a preferred TEK you use? Or just any basic cactus tea is okay if it's warm? I could really go for some mescaline saturated chicken soup Pleased

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 8/22/2017 12:37:44 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It just really did taste ok to me when warm and not too concentrated. I brewed using a few fresh culinary herbs from the garden - peppermint, lemon balm, maybe some sage; also nutmeg tincture and a couple of small lumps of frankincense. I did not use any chicken! That sense impression came from the combination of sage and frankincense in a slightly creamily viscous brew. And I used limes to acidify.

This was all simmered for ages over an open wood fire; the wood smoke contributed to the flavour.

When it had boiled down for longer and cooled down it was significantly more disgusting to taste.

But... MESCALINE!!!!!!!!!! LoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLove Big grin

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Psilociraptor
#13 Posted : 8/22/2017 3:37:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice! I'm certainly eager to try. Just lost a bridgesii this week RIP. But it might be time to buy three more, and plant one if you know what I mean Big grin Everyone talks about it like it's the rolls royce of psychedelics. For some reason I've just always wanted to do it in a really open space and never really found the place for that. Maybe it warrants a day trip at my next Burn