We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Be Back Aug 21st Options

mikeAtHome
#1 Posted : 8/14/2017 8:29:27 AM

The only God I can imagine is a God that I can't possibly imagine

Leaving town to visit my sis; gone for a week. Everyone take care and stay safe.

I sure wish some enthusiast would do an Android port...
mAH wants to know: Are We Having Fun Yet?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

slewb
#2 Posted : 8/15/2017 2:29:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mikeAtHome wrote:

Port... of the nexus? I have some android experience so I'll do it if there's like a nexus API... but I think there was some good reason for not allowing access over mobile data. Dunno if those same problems would apply even if using a dedicated app instead of a browser.

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 8/15/2017 3:59:31 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Click your user name in the top right corner of the screen
Click "edit profile" on the left side menu
Under "forum settings" second option is "force mobile view"

It's not exactly an app, but it just may make mobile browsing easier. Thumbs up

Have a great trip. Travel safely and don't forget to look up on Aug 21 for the eclipse. Cool
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

mikeAtHome
#4 Posted : 8/15/2017 12:23:26 PM

dreamer042 wrote:
Under "forum settings" second option is "force mobile view"
... eclipse ...

Thanks dreamer042 - I forgot all about that option. I'm leaving in a couple hours and am glad I checked back here before I left.

Yeah, eclipse. I used to not think it any big deal but the closer it gets the more I wish I was going to be in a better location. Cincinnati OH isn't great but it's not any worse than where I'm flying out of. I read in the NYT that to truly experience the eclipse, you needed to be right on the line of the path. It said something like even if you are in a location that will have 95% of the sun blocked, you only experience 50% of the effect. I'm probably not wording it correctly but the point was that even just a little light shining through will prevent you from seeing the "sunset surrounds me" effect. I heard someone on the radio who experienced the last one. She said something to the effect of it being both creepy/terrifying and incredibly beautiful. Hope you got a good spot picked out.

mikeAtHome
#5 Posted : 8/15/2017 12:35:46 PM

slewb wrote:
mikeAtHome wrote:

Port... of the nexus? I have some android experience so I'll do it if there's like a nexus API... but I think there was some good reason for not allowing access over mobile data. Dunno if those same problems would apply even if using a dedicated app instead of a browser.

Really? The domain owners don't want it ported? Well, I guess it's best not to mess with it. It could be don't w/o the API but it'd be a real pain and if all it would do is cause an upset then what's the point. I just figured that DMT Nexus would have , at worst, a neutral attitude.

I saw the developer's name around here at the bottom of some page. Didn't recognize it. Whoever it was did a really nice job. The CSS is great and it runs smoothly.

mikeAtHome
#6 Posted : 8/15/2017 3:43:14 PM

Turns out the website senses a mobile device and switches display mode automatically. No need to do anything. And it makes some nice UI tweaks. Cudos to traveler who is credited with creating the CSS. And to to the developer who put in the functionality that gets displayed/hidden when switching display modes.

I don't want to Xpost so I'm going to start another thread about something I came across when trying to get info on what open source may have been modded to create this site. No luck there but I did find something else I think is amusing. Might be old news to veterine members. I seem to always be posting news that isn't really news to anyone but me. Lesson learned: do a site search before posting your astounding discoveries...