We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Reverse sodium carbonate wash, slightly basic defat Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 11/9/2009 10:27:10 PM

SWIM

SWIM has been working on a method like a reverse sodium carbonate wash that SWIM think works very well, although it is still very non-exact

Instead of defatting when the brew is acid you basify just past neutral with sodium carbonate (until it stops fizzing)

SWIM is thinking maybe using baking soda to make losses less likely.

Then you add the solvent.

Reason: SWIM thinks the yellow colour (impurities) seems to be an impurity that is an alkaloid like DMT so it is not caught in a defat, at least not by xylene

SWIM will try naptha later but assumes the weaker solvent won't get it either

Luckily the yellow gunk seems to be able to be pulled off when the PH is between 8-10 (SWIM's guessing)

(SWIM knows that the PKa of DMT is like 8.something and in theory the naptha should pull off some dmt, but in practice SWIM has
never pulled ANY DMT off a mix of sodium-carbonate-basified. Even when there was no bark involved.)

This step SWIM has only tried with naptha, but hope the (less expensive + stronger) xylene will work.

Although XYLENE might be too stong and pull the DMT that theoretically should be basified....

Anyway. SWIM tried precipitating the naptha pulled off, which was piss yellow and got 0 crystals, then evaporated which left goo which when burned smelled like dirty spice

After this the brew or whatever is more basified with Lye and when the slovent is added it comes out almost 100% clear.

and of course, pearly white crystals.

SWIM thinks that this is could be superior to the sodium carbonate wash because as SWIM sees it, since the yellow is very soluble in naptha, SWIM thinks more-so than in slightly basic water it would just balance out due to solubility so the maximum that the yellow would be reduced in a single wash would be <50%.

Although this is just odd logic speculation, SWIM knows he could be 100% wrong with this logic.

THANKS to anyone who actually reads this, SWIM is just obsessed with getting white crystals and is unpatiently working with his dwindling supply waiting on the 29th day for his bark shipment. haha
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

mumbles
#2 Posted : 11/16/2009 3:17:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When doing a freeze precipitation the yellow oils in the naptha don't have any effect they just drain right off the perfect white crystals. If you add your solvent when the solution is basic DMT freebase will migrate into the solvent, not the fats, swim isnt sure why that didn't happen for you maybe the ph was too low. Swim doesnt really see why this should be done instead of the usual a/b then sodium carbonate wash and freeze precipitate but as for advice dont use baking soda or bicarb soda, only sodium carbonate for your mild basing/washing needs.

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 11/16/2009 3:54:35 PM

The Great Namah

Sounds like you will end up pulling some spice along with some fats.

The reason it is done during the acidic stage is to make sure that none of the spice will migrate over to the non-polar layer.

The defat for Mimosa is really optional, for many other plants you HAVE to defat if you want anything resembling a xtal.

Not trying to bust your method, but it doesn't sound like it had any benifits over a conventional defat.

The yellow is thought to be DMT N-Oxide...spice oxidies into this when in contact with air.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.