We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"What it’s like to take psychedelics in small doses at breakfast" [magazine article] Options

downwardsfromzero
#1 Posted : 8/12/2017 11:49:13 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Found here

"Microdosing, the practice of regularly taking small amounts of psychedelic drugs to improve mood and performance, has been taking off over the past few years. But the fact that these drugs are illegal makes it difficult to research their effects and possible health consequences. There are no rigorous clinical trials to see whether microdosing works (see “Microdosers say tiny hits of LSD make your work and life better”).

Instead, all we have are anecdotes from people like Janet Lai Chang, a digital marketer based in San Francisco. She will present her experience of microdosing at the Quantified Self conference in Amsterdam from 17 to 18 June.
Quote:

When did you start microdosing?

I started in February 2016. I wanted to understand how my brain works and how it might work differently with the influence of psilocybin [the active ingredient in magic mushrooms].

What else did you hope to achieve?

I had been struggling with a lot of social anxiety. It was really preventing me from advancing professionally. I was invited to give a talk at Harvard University and a TedX talk in California. I didn’t feel ready. I felt all this anxiety. I procrastinated until the last minute and then didn’t do it. It was one of my biggest regrets.

What doses did you take?

At first I was taking 0.2 grams of mushrooms every day, with a day or two off at the weekend. In August, I had a month off. From October to April, it was a few times a week.

How did it affect you?

I was less anxious, less depressed, more open, more extroverted. I was more present in the moment. It’s harder to get into the flow of the focused solo work that I’m normally really good at. But it’s good for the social aspect.

Were there other negative effects?

I have some symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder left over from childhood abuse. Pretty much the only other negative thing was being more aware of negative emotions I had. I have a repressed anger response, according to my therapist. When I was microdosing I felt like I could really feel it; I felt the anger.

Are you still microdosing now?

Occasionally, but I’ve stopped the experiment. I don’t want to be dependent on a substance to enable me to achieve certain desirable states of productivity.

Would you recommend it to others?

I think everyone would benefit from having at least one kind of experience with psychedelics. The dosage really depends on the individual and what they’re looking to get out of it."

By Sam Wong 14 June 2017

This article appeared in print under the headline “Leading the high life”

New Scientist Magazine issue 3130, published 17 June 2017

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.