We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Psychadelics and urinating Options

Kajlian
#1 Posted : 8/12/2017 12:10:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi!
I've tried a few psychadelics, but there's one thing that always bothers me A LOT and prevents me from enjoying them that much. And it's that they give me a constant urge to pee, I've googled around a bit but I couldn't find anyone experiencing the same thing as me or any information about it. Does anyone have a similar experience or know what causes it, or maybe something to try and prevent it.
If we create purpose, purpose exists, and by existing, we've created purpose.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 8/12/2017 12:38:18 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

The diuretic effect is pretty well documented, at least anecdotally. I'm not sure if there are any peer-reviewed papers on it, though.

I certainly experience it, especially with shrooms, and I know plenty of others who do, too.
Wiki β€’ Attitude β€’ FAQ
The Nexian β€’ Nexus Research β€’ The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם Χ–Χ” Χ™Χ’Χ‘Χ•Χ¨

Bigflip1991
#3 Posted : 8/12/2017 3:26:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I always had a theory that its my egos last ditch effort to stop me from fully sinking in to the experience.

Just a thought.

Doesn't always happen it has many times tho to me and friends on Lsd and Shrooms.
You can pick all the flowers you want but you can't stop the spring

OrionFyre
#4 Posted : 8/12/2017 3:35:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
The diuretic effect is pretty well documented, at least anecdotally. I'm not sure if there are any peer-reviewed papers on it, though.

I certainly experience it, especially with shrooms, and I know plenty of others who do, too.

Shrooms and 4-aco definitely make me feel the urge to urinate. Once I do it generally ceases.

DMT almost always makes me feel like i have a full bladder.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

nonononono
#5 Posted : 8/12/2017 5:38:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OrionFyre wrote:
DMT almost always makes me feel like i have a full bladder.

I hadn't read about this prior, and thought I was going crazy when I had to pee 4 times in an hour after DMT!

ghrue84
#6 Posted : 8/12/2017 7:19:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know if it's something to worry about or not, but what's happened to me sometimes is that I get the urge to pee but when I actually go to try to pee I can't pee.

Kajlian
#7 Posted : 8/12/2017 9:43:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not a native english speaker so I might be wrong, but doesn't diuretic mean that it increases the production of urine? If that's the case, I think what I'm experiencing is something else since I also find it very difficult to urinate, like I have an empty bladder. It feels like the urge to urinate is not due to the bladder actually being full but some sort of psychological effect.
If we create purpose, purpose exists, and by existing, we've created purpose.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 8/12/2017 9:52:07 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Mushrooms, particularly Ps. cyanescens, have in the past caused me to produce prodigious amounts of urine.

Having an empty bladder should also be on the pre-launch checklist for DMT as needing to urinate is really inconvenient when halfway or more into hyperspace. I'm surprised I haven't pee'd my pants, tbh.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Auxin
#9 Posted : 8/12/2017 10:02:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, diuretics increase the volume or frequency of urination.
I'm a little different. On most psychedelics, particularly including oral DMT and cactus, my kidneys seem to 'shut down' for several hours once the effects start as if my body doesnt want to excrete the drugs. I just dont pee no matter how hydrated I am, although I sometimes do get the urge. If my bladder is empty I just ignore it. At some point, typically on the down side of the peak, my kidneys wake up and I start peeing every 30 minutes until I catch up Laughing

Giving things attention give them tremendous power on psychedelics.
I remember my first encounters with that effect as a kid. Like once I was in the forest on 3 hits of acid and I heard what sounded like a chipmunk laugh, my attention snapped onto that and all of a sudden I was falling through a tornado of chipmunk laughs. It was wild.

If you feel the urge to pee try to pee. If your bladder is empty just ignore it for some time. Just do your best not to care and it'll probably go away. Pee isnt harmful anyway. There is some in you right now, not hurting you at all.

And just for amusement put a blacklight in your bathroom. Harmine pee has a lovely glow Wink

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 8/12/2017 10:50:35 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Harmine pee indeed has a lovely glow, although I never thought to do a blank. I could imagine some components of normal, non-harmine urine are fluorescent as well.

Popping off for a leak now, will report back!

EDIT: So, my urine today has a noticeable yellow fluorescence with a very faint greenish tinge. Nowhere near as vivid as the blue green of harmala pee.

I did stop iboga microdosing a few days back. I'll check the fluorescence in another couple of days to compare. What colour does noribogaine fluoresce?

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Cognitive Heart
#11 Posted : 8/12/2017 11:47:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kajlian wrote:
If that's the case, I think what I'm experiencing is something else since I also find it very difficult to urinate, like I have an empty bladder. It feels like the urge to urinate is not due to the bladder actually being full but some sort of psychological effect.

Perhaps it's just nervousness mixed with some over-analyzing? I experience brief/increased urination about 15-20min after dosing most psychedelics. Typically during the threshold period. And then once again when I'm down to baseline. A diuretic effect is quite possible but your mental state of mind can significantly affect the overall experience. Just as a suggestion, do you utilize any relaxation techniques before any use of psychedelics? It could be quite relieving in that regard so that you're not so focused on this particular, disruptive issue.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

syberdelic
#12 Posted : 8/13/2017 4:02:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think there is probably something to this on a neurological level. DMT acts on a lot of different receptors and different people have different receptor profiles. It's one of the things that makes us all unique. Of course, there is a large amount of overlap but we are all also very unique.

The reason that this thread caught my attention is because the last time I tried pharmahuasca, I ended up peeing on myself during the come down. I was about 3.5-4 hours in and just faintly feeling the effects. I had no idea that my bladder was being emptied until my leg felt warm and wet. Whatever neurological triggers that normally happen when I need to urinate simply did not happen.

One other notable sensory issue I've observed while on psychedelic drugs is body temperature. This is most pronounced on DMT and bufotenine. I often feel waves of heat like I'm running a bad fever but upon checking my temperature with a thermometer, it is normal or possibly raised by 1 degree F. My comfort also becomes very intolerant of cold or heat.

nonononono
#13 Posted : 8/13/2017 6:34:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Harmine pee indeed has a lovely glow, although I never thought to do a blank. I could imagine some components of normal, non-harmine urine are fluorescent as well.

Popping off for a leak now, will report back!

EDIT: So, my urine today has a noticeable yellow fluorescence with a very faint greenish tinge. Nowhere near as vivid as the blue green of harmala pee.

I did stop iboga microdosing a few days back. I'll check the fluorescence in another couple of days to compare. What colour does noribogaine fluoresce?

Yup, urine fluoresces! Here is a paper discussing why it fluoresces as little as it does (based on the constituents it should fluoresce even more): http://www.csio.res.in:8080/icop/contents/Friday_30.10.09/sessionC1/C1.2_Perinchery%20M%20Sandeep.pdf

β—‹
#14 Posted : 8/13/2017 9:29:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I would mostly experience this after the peak had passed and I'm on the comedown. Usually multiple times in a short period.

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 8/13/2017 10:43:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

nonononono wrote:
why it fluoresces as little as it does

Some kind of quenching Big grin

Thanks for the link to the paper. I love this place!

An_Observer
#16 Posted : 8/13/2017 11:45:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice to know that it is seemingly normal to have to pee with dmt. I have always noticed that when coming back to normal space, I am unquenchably thirsty and have to pee at the same time. Also had forgotten that harmalas make your urine flouresce. I was certainly I noticed this the last time I took some oral harmalas but had it marked down to possible harmala intoxication. Was a pretty vivid green glow when exposed to ~410nm light. Need to get myself a light source at around 360nm and try again as see if it goes blue as my current light source will even make boiling rue glow green vs the blue I keep seeing everyone else getting. Seems that I now have an excuse to get a black light and drink some more rue extract to test whether different illumination wavelengths will produce different results.

Legarto Rey
#17 Posted : 8/14/2017 10:01:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Salvia, smoked extract, seems to really induce a brisk diuresis. Quids also, just not as intense.

As an aside, physiologically, diuresis can be stimulated through a variety of mechanisms. A reduction in pituitary release of vasopressin, an increase in myocardial contractility(increased cardiac output) and by increasing excretion of sodium at the nephrons(kidney).

I'll do a bit of research re the diuretic potential of tryptamines, phenethylamines and salvinorin, in particular, and report back.

Of note, the OP seems to be describing, urgency, which describes a "twitchy" bladder. Typically urgency results from irritation/stimulation of bladder smooth muscle, either directly or indirectly via parasympathomimetics(agents that agonize the parasympathetic nervous system).

Peace

AwesomeUsername
#18 Posted : 8/15/2017 8:57:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Never had that problem. I did however drink a lot of water whenever I drank ayahuasca. More than nessecery. It made me feel better, along with some fresh fruits on the comedown. I actually enjoyed urinating and taking a shit and showering on the comedowns. After the heavy body load, it felt good to get rid of all the waste that has been acumulating in my body and fall asleep all cleansed.

Other psychedelics didnt give me any body load or strange reactions. Except for maybe street level acid, which had pronaunced tension instead of the clean but non-speedy energy that comes from a more equiped lab.

SpathiEluder
#19 Posted : 8/15/2017 3:16:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:

The only time ive experienced this on shrooms is when they had oxidised quite a bit, and were not as strong.

Loverofallthings
#20 Posted : 8/15/2017 4:01:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've experienced the diuretic effects on mushrooms as well as lsd. For me mushrooms have a pronounced purging effect; not vomit, but urniation, runny nose, tearing eyes and on the come down: a most magnificent bowelmocement. Lsd doesn't have as pronounced effects in this sense, but they are there. On a couple of occasions I have had DMT cause the running nose and leaking eyes, but I also may have been crying during those particular experiences. Either way, this leaking phenomenon is strongest and most reliable for me with shrooms.

12NEXT