We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678910NEXT»
Harmine Crystals from Syrian Rue Options

endlessness
#141 Posted : 3/21/2009 8:05:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no no, you are right to question that.. my own experience is only redissolving the freebase in vinegar solution, so I cannot say if the acetic acid is strong enough to turn the harmala-hcl salts in the solution into acetates.. thats a good question, maybe someone who knows more about it can say.

A way to not loose the freebase harmalas that supposedly dont crash out when raising the pH, is to saturate that solution with salt, to crash out the harmalas, and then decant/filter and put this together with the other harmalas when repeating the whole thing.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

69ron
#142 Posted : 3/21/2009 9:02:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Acetic acid, no matter how concentrated, is a weaker acid than hydrochloric acid so you cannot turn harmala HCl salts into acetates using acetic acid. If you wanted to do that you would first have to freebase the harmala HCl salts and then add acetic acid to the freebase harmalas.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

The Traveler
#143 Posted : 3/22/2009 5:41:59 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

These two harmaloid extraction teks have been added to the Wiki:

* Harmine Crystals from Syrian Rue
* EASY Harmaloid Freebase TEK

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Barmaley
#144 Posted : 3/24/2009 12:02:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So really, one COULD not add any salt to the rue water, filter well (by unknown alien technology method) until simply discolored water solution with alkaloids is left and then base it with Sodium Carbonate and filter again.

1 more question. Is there any difference between ingesting freebase harmalas or a harmala acetate/chloride/etc

endlessness
#145 Posted : 3/24/2009 12:34:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Barmaley wrote:
filter well (by unknown alien technology method)

hahaha I love this part! So true, we need that alien technology urgently Very happy

but yes one could skip the salt step BUT the salt step is what removes unwanted alkaloids such as vasicine and vasicinone, so I wouldnt skip it..

as for the last question, I dont know if anybody ever tested the difference.. theoretically it all turns into hcl salts in the stomach but different forms of substances can be absorbed quicker or whatever and make some difference.. But as far as MAOI activity goes, I would guess they are pretty much all the same, wont make much difference

VisualDistortion
#146 Posted : 3/24/2009 11:08:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Instead of using salt for this tech, could SWIM just add HCL to his boiled seed solution? It seems to me that this would make harmine HCL that would percipitate out, and you wouldn't have to deal with up to half your crystal actually being salts, so measuring dosage would be better.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Barmaley
#147 Posted : 3/24/2009 1:51:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hey that's a cool idea, hcl instead of salt, i wonder if it works. I'm gonna try

endlessness
#148 Posted : 3/24/2009 2:09:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it doesnt work.. the reason harmine/harmaline hcl precipitate is because they are insoluble in a salt saturated solution, but in a normal acqueous solution they are soluble..

and anyways there will be 0 salt contamination if you redissolve the harmalas in fresh water and then add a base.. you will get freebase harmalas with no salt, as the salt remains dissolved in the water

Nobuoni
#149 Posted : 3/25/2009 10:03:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

2 lots of 50 grams Syrian Rue' ground and boiled in 1200 ml of H2O and vinegar'
Boiled briskly for one hour' strained then filtered through a double piece of cloth and the seed pulp squeezed'
The resulant solution is left to decant' then filter through a superstenght coffee filter' it filters very easily'
split into 2 x 400ml' in large jam jars'
70 grams of sea salt added to each jar'
Each jar then shook until all the salt dissolves' the red tea turns yellow as the Harmaline acetates turn to hcl's'
Place the jars in the freezer for 3 hours' then in the fridge' the Harmaline curdles the solution and slowly falls out'
Take 1600 ml of pure water and 280 grams of sea salt and mix it to dissolve completely'

Draw off the water above the pressipitated alks' add fresh saturated salt solution' and shake the jars again'
Stick in the freezer and then in the fridge to pressipitate'
Draw off the water from above the pressipitate and add salt solution'
Shake the jars again'
Stick the jars back in the fridge to pressipitate'
Draw off he water above the alks and add more salt solution'

Leave now for 2-3 days to allow the alks to fall to the bottom'
Draw off the salt water and add fresh pure water'
Mix this well and add dropwise ammonia solution to freebase the alks'
Place the jars back in the fridge'

When the freebase has pressipitated' draw off the water'

Add fresh pure water and mix'
Add dropwise ammonia solution to freebase the alks and stick back in the fridge to pressipitate'
Draw off the water'

Shake out the resultant yellow sludge onto a clean plate and place somewhere warm to dry out completely'

Takes 8-9 days to get it clean' just keep washing the alks in saturated salt solution' until the water that seperates becomes almost clean'
Use lots of salt to prevent the alks from becoming water soluble again' hence losing them in the water'

Take a large jam jar and 3/4 fill it with pure water' then add your salt and shake the hell out of the jar until the salt has dissolved' keep adding salt until no more shall dissolve in the solution' Decant off the salt solution leaving any un-dissolved salt in the bottom of the jar'
Now have a completely saturated salt solution'
Findings of no enough salt in solution' loses untold alks to the water'

100 gram of salt per litre is insufficient'
Closer to 70-80 grams of sea salt in 400ml of pure water is very close to complete saturation'

Just to share of how to get here' needed lots of water and many big jars and lots of days'
And much salt' plus a couple of splashes of ammonia solution'

Bliss'

Pic of curdle alks pressipitating in the fridge'

Nobuoni +

Much appreciated all your input and help folks'

Blessings ~
Nobuoni attached the following image(s):
Harmaline.jpg (13kb) downloaded 175 time(s).

VisualDistortion
#150 Posted : 3/25/2009 10:37:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good post Nobuoni. And just so SWIM is clear on this, freebase harmine is insoluble in water?

Nobuoni
#151 Posted : 3/25/2009 10:39:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone know of what ph to drop Harmaline in HCL acid solution to gently oxidise it into Harmine HCL'

Bliss

Nobuoni +

Nobuoni
#152 Posted : 3/25/2009 10:44:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
I'm curious.

What causes the yellow pigment in the water when performing a rue extraction?

I always figured it was traces of harmalas, but if this is so I've been pouring much of it down the sink.

What signs will show of removed impurities after cleaning beyond the brownish/white phase?

Sounds like no enough salt in solution' hence the Harmalas are still water soluble'

You can tell that most of the impurities have gone from the insoluble Harmalas as of when the saturated salt solution you are washing them with comes up practicaly clean'

70-80 grams salt to 400ml pure water seems to be very close to saturation'

Blessings

Nobuoni +

Fuego
#153 Posted : 3/25/2009 10:11:32 PM

Riggly Maynard Charlston Bentsworth |||

Location: my secret volcano lair, really everyone should have one its so cool
hey hey everyone!

isnt extracting things great? its half the fun really... all the beautiful translucent colors and layers and all.

recently ive done this method youve all described and basified with lye. after that i decanted, poured off water and added more until it was clear.

there is now about 25 ml of water and grey creamy white colored mucousy feathery sediment in the bottom of a beer bottle.

i could filter and dry but i dont want clumpy shit, so i ask; what is the state of the art crystalization method for these alkaloids, everyones always betchin about harmala red and i agree, fuck that noise. what solvent can i use?
right now ive got my mind on starter fluid sprayed into a waterbottle thats half full (like kids doing ether) then pouring that stuff into the beer bottle and separate, evaporate, and have whatever comes out.

if you know how to crystalize this stuff without it going on its period let me know

Nobuoni
#154 Posted : 3/26/2009 3:45:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a quick note'

Why no just freebase the vine with ammonia solution to ph 10-11'
The Harmines shall just crash out of the solution'

Anyone have any input of freebase THH'
I can see no problem with the Harmine'

Bliss

Nobuoni +

Nobuoni
#155 Posted : 3/26/2009 3:58:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fuego wrote:
hey hey everyone!

isnt extracting things great? its half the fun really... all the beautiful translucent colors and layers and all.

recently ive done this method youve all described and basified with lye. after that i decanted, poured off water and added more until it was clear.

there is now about 25 ml of water and grey creamy white colored mucousy feathery sediment in the bottom of a beer bottle.

i could filter and dry but i dont want clumpy shit, so i ask; what is the state of the art crystalization method for these alkaloids, everyones always betchin about harmala red and i agree, fuck that noise. what solvent can i use?
right now ive got my mind on starter fluid sprayed into a waterbottle thats half full (like kids doing ether) then pouring that stuff into the beer bottle and separate, evaporate, and have whatever comes out.

if you know how to crystalize this stuff without it going on its period let me know

Hiya bro'
Salted out then washed with Methanol' it turned red brown'
But upon grinding it tured yellow brown'
It is active'
So folks saying that this red stuff is in-active is no correct'

Just crash the alks out of the salt solution' twice'
Wash in clean water' then crash the freebase out with ammonia solution at ph 10-11'
Wash in water and crash the alks out again with ammonia solution'
And dry the end product'
It comes out fluffy white yellow'
If lye is used it is going to be sitting in the end product'
Ammonia and water evaporate'
Also to speed things up' stick jars in the freezer with the saturated salt solution' unless an extremely low temp in your freezer it shall no freeze cos of the salt in the solution' it cuts waiting times down considerably'
Use excess salt' lots of salt so the Harmines crash out of the solution' make sure to use saturated salt solution'

Bliss

Nobuoni +

VisualDistortion
#156 Posted : 3/26/2009 9:24:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM remembers someone said something about kosher salt working for this and SWIM just wanted to make sure that was true.

Big Inhale
#157 Posted : 3/28/2009 2:23:44 PM

The Enlightend One

in step 6 can i use acetone or vodka instead of meth/ethanol
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Fuego
#158 Posted : 3/30/2009 6:30:26 AM

Riggly Maynard Charlston Bentsworth |||

Location: my secret volcano lair, really everyone should have one its so cool
harmala red formed while evaporating freebase harmala alkaloids in water... just some useful info that might contribute to our theories on this harmala red stuff...

VisualDistortion
#159 Posted : 3/30/2009 6:33:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is working with some rue right now. Nasty stuff. So much fat and oil in those damn seeds. He is getting down to a very clean product and is almost to the point where he is gonna drop it with some ammonia.

soulfood
#160 Posted : 3/30/2009 6:39:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

VisualDistortion wrote:
SWIM is working with some rue right now. Nasty stuff. So much fat and oil in those damn seeds. He is getting down to a very clean product and is almost to the point where he is gonna drop it with some ammonia.

I actually love this extraction. It's all about patience and fridge decanting. The benefits from repeating the process are highly advisable. With 1 time round SWIM's friend still got nausea when combined with DMT fumerate. A repetition yielded an extract that caused no nausea. SWIM's friend is pretty bad when it comes to his stomach though.

«PREV678910NEXT»