We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Basification of DMT acetate with lime/sodium carbonate Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 11/9/2009 5:19:29 AM

SWIM

SWIM has been using a TEK somewhat like a reverse-defat

Simply it goes

Basify Bark with NaOH
Pull with XYLENE
Seperate XYLENE, add vinegar

Then you are left with vinegar with the DMT from the XYLENE in acetate form

He has tried using Sodium Carbonate, but yielded 0 spice, Same with Lime.

But NaOH produces great white crystals.

Shouldn't Lime or Carbonate work, in theory it should, shouldn't it?

If anyone has had success using either of those could you provide specifics.

Cheers all you space cadets!
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

mumbles
#2 Posted : 11/9/2009 9:45:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sodium Carbonate won't raise the ph high enough (13+) its a weak base. You really need a strong base.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 11/10/2009 7:28:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

for an A/B sodium carbonate should work, yes..

how much sodium carbonate did you add? are you sure it was enough to first of all neutralize the vinegar and then basify?

69ron
#4 Posted : 11/15/2009 12:36:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To freebase 50% of all the DMT present in a plant you need only a pH of 8.68. pH 10 can freebase over 90% of all the DMT. This is a based on DMTโ€™s pKa. Sodium carbonate can bring a solution to 11.4. At pH 11.4 more than 99% of all the DMT is freebased. When using an A/B extraction you only need 50% freebased for good results. For an STB you need 99% for good results.

SWIM only uses sodium carbonate for DMT extractions when doing an A/B. Also he uses calcium hydroxide for STB techs, but only ones designed for calcium hydroxide. SWIM never uses sodium hydroxide for anything.

And YES, SWIM gets great yields. It all depends on the tech used. If you use a tech that NEEDS sodium hydroxide, then you need to use sodium hydroxide. But this idea that sodium carbonate is not a strong enough base to freebase DMT is absolutely not correct. Itโ€™s an internet rumor some idiot started many years ago who knows nothing about chemistry. Because of the low pKa of DMT, it can be freebased with ammonia, sodium carbonate, calcium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, and quite a few other bases. Sodium Bicarbonate is not good to use though because it can only freebase about 20% of the DMT at once. But it can be made to work in an A/B, but will be very inefficient requiring a lot of pulls.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

q21q21
#5 Posted : 11/15/2009 2:41:48 AM

SWIM

SWIM found the problem and will try the basification again!

he used his bad chemistry math and calculated that ~10g of sodium carbonate solution PER Litre would make a ~.1 molar solution which would be ~11ph

How much does SWIY use 69ron? If you don't mind?
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

MagikVenom
#6 Posted : 11/15/2009 5:57:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
To freebase 50% of all the DMT present in a plant you need only a pH of 8.68. pH 10 can freebase over 90% of all the DMT. This is a based on DMTโ€™s pKa. Sodium carbonate can bring a solution to 11.4. At pH 11.4 more than 99% of all the DMT is freebased. When using an A/B extraction you only need 50% freebased for good results. For an STB you need 99% for good results.

Hey Ron when you say "you only need 50% freebased for good results for A/B" are you saying 50percent of the DMT that is not free based remains in solution as a salt? This seems like a stupid question perhaps I am missing something in the post.

Thanks
MV

mumbles
#7 Posted : 11/19/2009 5:42:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
And YES, SWIM gets great yields. It all depends on the tech used. If you use a tech that NEEDS sodium hydroxide, then you need to use sodium hydroxide. But this idea that sodium carbonate is not a strong enough base to freebase DMT is absolutely not correct. Itโ€™s an internet rumor some idiot started many years ago who knows nothing about chemistry. Because of the low pKa of DMT, it can be freebased with ammonia, sodium carbonate, calcium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, and quite a few other bases. Sodium Bicarbonate is not good to use though because it can only freebase about 20% of the DMT at once. But it can be made to work in an A/B, but will be very inefficient requiring a lot of pulls.
Swim did some more experimenting and found ron to be absolutely correct. Smile Question: will excessive basing such as in the dmt handbook result in a loss of yield?

endlessness
#8 Posted : 11/19/2009 10:44:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

no, excessive basing for extracting dmt never hurts

beefrendang
#9 Posted : 11/8/2020 3:21:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Here is a link for a base I'm trying to do which is similar. Hopefully, it can help/I can get help!
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...1082233&#post1082233