We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Harmala Extraction Options

Portals2Eternity
#1 Posted : 7/28/2017 1:33:58 PM
"You have to see to believe!"

So I recently acquired 100+ g of yellow caapi. My aim is to use the extract for changa as well as pharma. I planned on using gibran's(sp?) easy alkaloid extraction guide, but my shredded caapi is almost powdered, so I'm not quite sure how to modify the process for finely shredded caapi, as opposed to shredded.

If anyone can assist me, or point me in the direction of where to find info for a tek for powder caapi alk. extraction, I'd appreciate it.

"Behind the visible are chains on chains of conscious beings ... who have no inherent form but change according to their whim, or the mind that sees them. You cannot lift your hand without influencing and being influenced by hordes. The visible world is merely their skin. In dreams we go amongst them ... They are, perhaps, human souls in the crucible - these creatures of whim." - W. B. Yeats, Irish Fairy and Folk Tales

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 7/28/2017 2:13:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its the exact same, only difference is you might need to filter it a bit more thoroughly after the boils, before reducing. You can try a funnel with cotton plug.

All the rest should be the same

Locoboy
#3 Posted : 7/28/2017 6:17:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I would suggest that you keep your caapi for tea or to mix straight in your changa along with your spice and herbs. A member named "Chocobeastie" had made a thread where he explained that you achieve mao inhibition simply by mixing vine or caapi leaf in your changa and it's true, i experienced it personally. If you wanna extract harmala alkaloids, you'd be much better with syrian rue.

Portals2Eternity
#4 Posted : 7/28/2017 11:31:17 PM

endlessness wrote:
Its the exact same, only difference is you might need to filter it a bit more thoroughly after the boils, before reducing. You can try a funnel with cotton plug.

Ok... I'll need to read it a bit more thoroughly perhaps, because I thought I recalled having to pour off/strain liquid from boils of the shredded pieces, which wouldn't that be impossible for nearly powdered?

If I'm way off base, I apologize.

I appreciate your insight.
"Behind the visible are chains on chains of conscious beings ... who have no inherent form but change according to their whim, or the mind that sees them. You cannot lift your hand without influencing and being influenced by hordes. The visible world is merely their skin. In dreams we go amongst them ... They are, perhaps, human souls in the crucible - these creatures of whim." - W. B. Yeats, Irish Fairy and Folk Tales

Portals2Eternity
#5 Posted : 7/28/2017 11:35:50 PM

Locoboy wrote:
I would suggest that you keep your caapi for tea or to mix straight in your changa along with your spice and herbs. A member named "Chocobeastie" had made a thread where he explained that you achieve mao inhibition simply by mixing vine or caapi leaf in your changa and it's true, i experienced it personally. If you wanna extract harmala alkaloids, you'd be much better with syrian rue.

I had heard contrasting things re: its mao inhibition via smoking, but if true re: changa that'd be great. I'll check out his thread.

With re: to rue, I've heard such mixed things, it really made me want to steer clear of it. But maybe I'll revisit that possibility. Just curious, what IYE makes it superior for extraction than caapi? Yield? Ease of extraction?

Locoboy
#6 Posted : 7/29/2017 12:30:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Portals2Eternity wrote:
Locoboy wrote:

I had heard contrasting things re: its mao inhibition via smoking, but if true re: changa that'd be great. I'll check out his thread.

With re: to rue, I've heard such mixed things, it really made me want to steer clear of it. But maybe I'll revisit that possibility. Just curious, what IYE makes it superior for extraction than caapi? Yield? Ease of extraction?

Talking from experience and having checked other threads too, mao inhibition can be achieved for sure through smoking. I guess it lasts much less than oral admission, but nevertheless, full mao inhibition can be achieved. Make sure to dip the caapi along with the herbs in the spice as Chocobeastie suggests and you will see for yourself. I did not feel it like i felt the extracted harmalas freebase, but i felt it and for sure another friend of mine felt it, who drank beer after, smoked a joint and woke up with terrible headache.

What have you heard about rue? About its said "toxins"? I guess it could make you feel more uncomfortable orally, but would not pose a threat with the generally recommended dosages, for sure smoking its freebase extract has not caused the slightest disturbance to me so far.

It makes it superior for extraction totally because of its yields, i achieved 5% of relatively pure alkaloids with little experience, where with caapi i would get 1,5%? Other than that,the price of rue is much lower than that of caapi. I like caapi's "character", i think it adds another happier tone to the experience. It's totally worth it like Chocobeastie suggests, in my books not for extraction, for tea, ayahuasca and plain mixing it for changa sure. I am a noob though, could be wrong and what suits me could not suit you, research before you decide, for sure don't make too large extractions at once.

It's a relatively easy process, the rue extraxction, once you understand it. It took me 2 whole days and 1,5 kg of wasted rue to understand it personally, ONLY for the freebase because i did not understand the basic principles. I follow the tao of rue extraction in essence, without the manske step, all other things the same, alternating 3 times between making the rue brew acidic and basic, filtering with coffee filter each time i make it acidic to remove more and more impurities. After the last acid-base thing, i wash it thoroughly and i think i am done. I explained it in a very basic way, you will have to do some things for yourself to see what goes on and understand them. Have patience and it will all be ok, follow for sure the initial tips of the tao of rue extraction, don't do anything if you don't understand what you are doing, don't add stuff if you don't understand and other principles.

Portals2Eternity
#7 Posted : 8/1/2017 10:46:54 PM

endlessness wrote:

Ok endlessness, a bit more educated inquiry.

Really, in retrospect the part I was uncertain of was the part you addressed...

Ok, so after the boils, before reduction, you said to filter using cotton in a funnel. In my mind, I had envisioned using a t shirt maybe... would that even work? If so, would your filter recommendation be more favorable? And if so why?

Just waiting on some clarification re: this point before proceeding.

(Oh...When reducing, top on or off, and can one boil too hot during this stage?)

As always, all insight is immensely appreciated. It's so beautiful becoming self-sufficient in alchemical endeavors Smile

An_Observer
#8 Posted : 8/1/2017 11:24:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A cotton shirt would work. The cotton balls in the funnel method is a pain as it will get clogged many times. When I do another extraction on the rest of my rue seeds, I will being making bundles of the seeds wrapped loosely but securely in cotton cloth so that I can squeeze it versus filtering it.

Portals2Eternity
#9 Posted : 8/3/2017 9:39:06 AM

An_Observer wrote:
A cotton shirt would work. The cotton balls in the funnel method is a pain as it will get clogged many times. When I do another extraction on the rest of my rue seeds, I will being making bundles of the seeds wrapped loosely but securely in cotton cloth so that I can squeeze it versus filtering it.

Ok...thank u for the reply.

That sounds interesting. Is that something I can do with caapi?

Ok so just to reiterate: using the easy caapi extraction guide, just 3 boils of 30 mins, to get my liquid in order to proceed to reduction, each time using using a shirt to filter...

Before reduction, is 1 final filter necessary?