We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I forgot the rule of thirds. Never turn anything in until the third draft! Options

EntreNous
#1 Posted : 7/22/2017 9:46:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Groan. I just spent two hours on my intro essay, hit preview and made the mistake of thinking I could edit it from there. It's gone now. I'm gutpunched. Is there any way to retrieve it? Wow, I just condensed the most important event in my life (and the reason I'm here) to a "short" essay and it's gone just like that. I'll try again later I guess. I wish I had known. I put everything I had into that essay.
Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work. -Flaubert-

till next time , ahskě:nę hę ( Peace)

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

EntreNous
#2 Posted : 7/22/2017 10:26:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, so my essay disappeared. That was my fault, maybe on some level I didn't like it. I should have known better than trying to edit (I mean, simply backspace a line that formatted with an unwanted linespace) a preview.

So I'll do a third draft from memory and hope for the best. I wanna be clear, this was my own fault. I spazzed for a second when it happened but I'm much better now. It seems like I'm probably not the first person to have made this mistake, nor will I be the last.

I'll paraphrase the essay that was sacrificed to serendip as briefly as possible then get on that third draft.

1: Jaded by jerky "similar" sites, impressed by DMT Nexus.
2: Personal interest story regarding opiates, hallucinogens and quality of life titrations leading to cessation.
3: My eternal freaking gratitude (to the entheogens that guided me and the contributors here that gave me the tools I needed).

Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work. -Flaubert-

Ulim
#3 Posted : 7/22/2017 11:14:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shortcuts like Crtl Z work in the text box. So you can revert mistakes.

EntreNous
#4 Posted : 7/23/2017 12:09:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks very much. I've fixed it the old fashioned way but will remember your excellent advice.