We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Inention to Understand mathemathics on psychedelics Options

FutureShaman
#1 Posted : 7/21/2017 12:00:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Our mind can be represented with mathematics. How this happens is unsolved question, but it is fact that we have created very limited consciousness as form of AI which can be seen working in selfdriving cars. AI itself is just purely mathematical concept in the deep end, consciousness is just purely mathematical concept. Sure AI itself is very undeveloped yet but Collective consciousness of AI scientist think we see the capability of AI beat human mind in everything in next 50-100 years. So as consciousness is just math and lot of it unsolved: it boggles my mind to concentrate my trips and have intention to translate my mind as form of mathematics.

Basic shamanic ritual or psychedelic therapy session include same forms to solve problems in patient's mind where patient itself takes role of healer, a person who changes problems to possibilities and understand they are same. Shaman or Therapist makes sure set&settings or space is supportive for patient's intention. Now I have intention to understand mathematics on psychedelics. How I do build my surroundings to support my intention?

Some things I've mind or tried:
- I know studying of mathematical concepts should be done before trip as tripping is more like organizing(/algorithms) consciousness(/information) to new forms to solve problems.
-Having possibility to guide intention trough trip. Lower doses it is easier to remember intention and meditate focusing on key word which will guide the trip creating different outcomes related to key word. Higher doses maybe speakers could play keywords as in deeps of mind intention might be changing depending on the space we surround us. I have this thought that mind is instrument which I does play.
-Building space surrounded with mathematics probably causes mind to relate things to it.

Now you might notice I make lot of claims here and I would almost love to here you counterargument against me. More than that it would be probably life changing if you can come with your experience and understanding about anything related to: guiding intention and building space for that. Especially related to mathematics.

Ps: You might also want get rich with cryptocurrencies. You can find mathematical proof from Here and example coin Ethereum value Here, it has been growing about 40x in last 180 days...

Shaman apparantice of universal computation, Channeling through human experience

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Koornut
#2 Posted : 7/21/2017 12:11:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The mind is full of slippery axioms. The moment you identify one, tie a conceptual string to it, and make your move to connect it to another - it changes in unexpected ways.
I think taking psychedelics would be akin to greasing your fingers such that tying the conceptual string becomes somewhat pointless.
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

FutureShaman
#3 Posted : 7/23/2017 2:18:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Did i understand right that you mean mind is full things that are not really working as we think. When I found one thing and connect it to other thing, my perception of thing changes. When I take psychedelics then connecting thing to other thing becomes pointless.

Do you mean everything can be connected any kind of way forming all kinds of axioms so connecting things become pointless?

Understanding each other is I guess sharing same slippery axioms. But not all is slippery like we both use this dmt-nexus forum and probably think it exists. Actually lot of people share this dmt-nexus is real axiom with us as it lives in our Collective consciousness. So what I want say here is mind is also full of axioms that are not slippery, but axioms we can trust. Sure it might be in future we laugh at our current perception of reality and the idea of dmt-nexus existing, idea of we existing, idea of idea existing, existence existing. All just slippery axioms...or is there some base axioms we can build our existence?
Shaman apparantice of universal computation, Channeling through human experience

Koornut
#4 Posted : 7/23/2017 3:32:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FutureShaman wrote:

Did i understand right that you mean mind is full things that are not really working as we think. When I found one thing and connect it to other thing, my perception of thing changes. When I take psychedelics then connecting thing to other thing becomes pointless.

I think pointless may not have been the best word to use.

While the psychedelic experience appears quite variable in nature from individual to individual - A running theme I've noticed, which could easily be a bias I have towards it, is that of narrative.
In the psychotherapeutic environment you mentioned the patient undergoes a 'problem solving' phase where traumas are intended to be resolved, which seems to stem from the individuals memory and past - So the problems being solved are those of narrative.
Patient experiences past trauma in a safe environment so trauma can be understood with the benefit of hindsight and professional help, thus rewriting the narrative of the experience.
Psychedelics (not all) appear to be a powerful tool to aid this process.

Now mathematics is a different kettle of fish, requiring rigorous dedication to the problems, that more often than not lead to dead ends. It is difficult for a reason. Adding on top of that the queerness of strong narrative elements to an individual engaged in the psychedelic experience - This may very well lead one to be convinced that 2+2=5.
There is an antidote for this which the buddhists might call detachment of outcome - Which is why you will notice a lot of the hardened veterans around here will insist the importance of meditation before diving in to ensure strength in detachment of outcome.
But if one is detached from outcome, how can one find the solution to mathematical problems? - Where a fundamental axiom of math is the idea of an outcome, or an answer to a problem, or a new equation to describe a physical process.

This is where I think it becomes pointless, but I could be wrong in my assumptions.

Then again it is super cool to think of loading up a doctoral student or researcher or whatever with their topic of interest in an all white room with and IV line of DMT and some graph paper and see what they come up with, unethical..but cool.
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

arcologist
#5 Posted : 7/23/2017 6:41:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I strongly disagree with the assertion that consciousness and the brain are fundamentally mathematical. Math as we know it just a creation of humans, and idealized model of the world. Reality is on the other hand fuzzy and imprecise (e.g. uncertainty principle). If anything, the universe is probabilistic.

We use math as a convention when describing the world, and it's natural to start with a high level mathematical description of consciousness. However, I think consciousness is fundamentally an emergent phenomena of information processing among networks of neurons. It's inherently noisey and imprecise.

I also disagree with the direction of current AI research (I work in a related field). I think they're going in totally the wrong direction with convolutional neural networks, since those models can't present the complex multi-level interrelationships of connected concepts, nor are standard architectures (AlexNet) capable of anything other than pattern matching (recognition) or classification. They're only modeling the front end of the visual system, they're missing a backend enormous database of interrelated concepts that makes up the majority of the complexity of conscious information processing. I plan on doing my own AI research in this direction once I gain some financial independence.

I think you strongly overestimate the "intelligence" of self-driving cars. They only use basic object detection algorithms to find object bounding boxes (other vehicles, pedestrians) in 3D space relative to the car. Then they have carefully written algorithms (by a human) that plan what actions the car should take to avoid collision and make it to the next waypoint to the destination. Cars are also heavily augmented by GPS and map databases that are used in path planning. These cars don't "learn" in a dynamic intelligent way, that would be a legal liability. Their codebases must be inspected and tested like for a space mission, and every possible failure case planned for.

FutureShaman
#6 Posted : 7/24/2017 7:01:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you two !

vert green
#7 Posted : 7/25/2017 7:08:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

FutureShaman wrote:
Our mind can be represented with mathematics. How this happens is unsolved question, but it is fact that we have created very limited consciousness as form of AI which can be seen working in selfdriving cars. AI itself is just purely mathematical concept in the deep end, consciousness is just purely mathematical concept. Sure AI itself is very undeveloped yet but Collective consciousness of AI scientist think we see the capability of AI beat human mind in everything in next 50-100 years. So as consciousness is just math and lot of it unsolved: it boggles my mind to concentrate my trips and have intention to translate my mind as form of mathematics.

Basic shamanic ritual or psychedelic therapy session include same forms to solve problems in patient's mind where patient itself takes role of healer, a person who changes problems to possibilities and understand they are same. Shaman or Therapist makes sure set&settings or space is supportive for patient's intention. Now I have intention to understand mathematics on psychedelics.

This is my experience: the human being sees what she/he wants to see (to perceive); then declares "This [perception] is the world." This revelation is generally followed by the human desire to impose this belief/understanding/perception on the rest of us. In other words, if the human already has a predisposition for mathematics: the Universe, the Spirit behind the universe, shows mathematics everywhere.
Sacred geometry is a form of mathematics, set aside from the cultural container of Phonetic-Roman numerals. For many Westerners, the presence of Phonetic alphabet, using Romanized numbers is the only mathematics that the one can comprehend. Yet, is "checkbook math" which Romanized numbers were made to do; is this the only system of math that is culturally available for us all?
There are maths which are symbolic in nature, and which are not subject to Western logic. It is the non-Westernized math, of the symbolic and geometrical variety which I have encountered during my voyages.
It's been my experience that the entheogenic substances I've ingested, want me, as a person, to extinguish the pre-existing mathematical concepts which actually stunt, and stupify my growth as a person.
If there is one who has a predeliction for mathematics, it would be my hope that this one sets for his or her clearly stated intention to make this current bullsh* mathematical system open-up; so this one can see the symbolic values and systems of universal math, rather than the imprisoning maths of Western society. The maths of the Western society aren't concerned about any thing, except taking your money--keeping it from you, in addition to whatever is necessary to keep you prisoner or as a slave.
It is my experience that sometimes the stated intention to understand something brings forth the actual deconstruction of this thing (mathematics for example), which one holds in such high esteem. In my case, the phonetic-based numbers, dissolved, and gave-way to the superior logic of symbolic orders: sacred geometry, which has accompanied mankind from the very beginning.
So, yes, while consciousness does have the consistency of a mathematical-base, it is not, summarily, logically consistent to declare that this mathematical order is Western-based "checkbook math" of the Romanized alphabet.
It is my experience that psychedelics and entheogenic plants have a mindset of unity and ego-sublimating, which mathematics, of its own self, don't allow for. Math in the Western sense, is not able to deal with quantum non-locality, with morphic resonance, with intuition and telepathy, with non-materiality. It is my experience that the field of the entheogens, is not one in which mathematics is able to explain. There is a solid core of experiences which attend psychedelic substances is not able to explain for itself, using non-logical, non-mathematical terms. There is a solid core of happenings in the field of the psychedelic and entheogenic realms which are never MEANT TO mathematically quantify in a logical context, yet are perfectly content to live illogically under the rubric of "the psychedelic experience."
It's my experience that mathematics are only the way logical people communicate logical ideas. Yet, math can't define, nor describe intuition: that sense a mother has, say for example, when her child is in danger. Math doesn't support this, can't prove it, and therefore math dismisses it as a valid experience...yet don't we all know that this happens? More to the point, don't we depend more on this truth, than in the sacredness of balancing one's checkbooks?
Relative to therapist, or social worker: yes the person will provide a certain "setting" to help an individual to work-out his or her problems...up to a point. It is my experience that any given therapist only has so many tools at his, or her disposal to help one see the reasoning of society at large. After that point, the given professional depends upon the patient to work-out his or her "salvation" outside the confines of the office. The therapist gives tools and techniques for helping the patient to find closure OUTSIDE of the office visit. The best thing a therapist has to offer is an ear to hear your problems. Then, there are some suggestions/exercises for working through the problems--yet relative to these professionals, you help yourself. So for me, I'm not sure what the analogy to a therapist is, when you're talking about The Great Spirit showing you the secrets to mathematics.
The Omniverse will always provide the answer. This is the easy part. Ask, you shall receive.
The real problem comes once you know. Playing dumb is no longer an option.

FutureShaman
#8 Posted : 10/18/2017 8:30:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I found answers! And I read again your answer: Koornut, arcologist and vert green. I think you have wisdom that is slowly sinking in. I fully backup what arcologist is saying, I can understand that now. As I am taking more or less same routes it would be interesting understand how you combine psychedelics for your life and maybe work?

Now I also found answer for my intention to use psychedelics as tool for working with mathematical or computational problems. Just by combining good cup of coffee with shrooms gave me enough power to focus(coffee) on task and access to psychedelic mindset to solve these problems. What i get from this trip was grown understanding of visualizing problems. Learnt to draw problem in air with my hands. Also I used speaking to myself for problems to make my mind focus clearly on them. These kind of ways to keep myself on map what I am doing and not getting lost of thoughts. So I think I learnt more deeply about solving this kinds of problems and not just solved a problem. I think without shrooms and only coffee it could have been possible to solve these problems faster but not to learn deeply about how to solve them so much.

This is first time that I can focus hours after hours to solve computational problem. Before this I always lost my focus easily. Also with small doses of ayahuasca has been kind of working, like solving personal problems related to coding same time while getting little bit different perspective for coding problem in hand. Anyway I am still in way of understanding and developing ways of to use psychedelics as tools for solving anykind of task that is in your hands. I don't think it is just drug of choice, but also mental processes that let you focus. It was my first priority and must to find way to understand this problem...I was emotionally involved to this problem before taking anything. Because failure would hurt me deep inside.

Origin of this idea came from long time of deep self healing where I used to always play guitar in psychedelics, mostly improvised. In middle of many powerfull ayahuasca trips it was possible to keep playing even if it was really hard. There I gain lot of insights from how to use this tool called guitar. This view is always strengthened by others when I play. Now back then I though we have lot more valuable tools for society than guitar like computers and computing. If I can just find to ways to play this tool like I did with guitar...

Ambassador
#9 Posted : 10/19/2017 4:52:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I can see this, actually. Under mild psychedelics I have gained incredible ability to see connections between things that would not seem obvious if I was completely in sober consciousness. I imagine increasing the dose as well as increasing attentiveness to intent could result in something interesting, a revelation even if you set yourself up right, and, have the personality for it. Give it a shot, report back to us.