We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Monthly crystal growing contest Options

corridors of my cells
#1 Posted : 11/8/2009 2:10:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi ppl Smile i was thinking about crystal growing today, i will be experimenting very soon with my little crystals. I dont have much experience about crystal growing but i said to myself; Why dont we have a monthly crystal growing contest on Nexus SmileSmile where we can see nice crystals from different people and get good info about everyones crystal growing teks and suggestions from experienced growers. Smile

It sounds like real fun Smile More than a competition it will be a nice visual gallery and info source. Smile It needs no coding.. just a thread with poll will be enough Smile and an announce mail a week before submissions.

What do you people think.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ismokecrystals
#2 Posted : 11/8/2009 5:36:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like fun! We'll become DMT connoisseurs, only smoking the biggest and clearest crystals Smile

I'm game as soon as I can get some n-heptane!

shoe
#3 Posted : 11/9/2009 1:07:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hmn, while on the one hand I am for it - because everyone loves nice clear crystals, on the other hand I am against it. as it may create an unnecessary element of competition here on the nexus.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

MagikVenom
#4 Posted : 11/9/2009 1:29:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why wait for a contest? do your best now for the sake of doing your best. I know what you mean but why would a contest be necessary?
Who needs a JUDGE I have no use for themSmile

PEACE
MV

d*l*b
#5 Posted : 11/9/2009 1:41:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree competition is not terribly useful.

It'd certainly be nice to see more of people's creations and teks though.
D × V × F > R

PerPLexED
#6 Posted : 11/9/2009 5:28:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

think of it as less of a competition, and more an art gallery. there isn't a better or worse, just a different and all incredible ^^
"We are the analogies we believe." - PerPLexED

PerPLexED is a confused fictional creature.
He doesn't know that he is fictional.
He doesn't know what fiction is.
He doesn't know anything, really.
But strives to know it all.

corridors of my cells
#7 Posted : 11/9/2009 5:46:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

shoe wrote:
hmn, while on the one hand I am for it - because everyone loves nice clear crystals, on the other hand I am against it. as it may create an unnecessary element of competition here on the nexus.

Quote:
Why wait for a contest? do your best now for the sake of doing your best. I know what you mean but why would a contest be necessary?

Dudes the winner gets no prize Smile nothing more than congrats.. However gives out his tek and exhibits his artwork. Its not a real competition its just a monthly exhibition for crystal growers and a chance for others to ask questions and learn may be.. its name is "contest" to just make it a monthly activity, that people wanna participate nothing else Razz.

ismokecrystals
#8 Posted : 11/9/2009 4:00:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sort of like a "bud of the month" contest on marijuana growing forums.

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 11/9/2009 5:28:27 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Need to try hard to beat the dmt flowers or those flowery dmt glass shards

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

MagikVenom
#10 Posted : 11/9/2009 7:02:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

corridors of my cells wrote:
shoe wrote:

Quote:

Dudes the winner gets no prize Smile nothing more than congrats.. However gives out his tek and exhibits his artwork. Its not a real competition its just a monthly exhibition for crystal growers and a chance for others to ask questions and learn may be.. its name is "contest" to just make it a monthly activity, that people wanna participate nothing else Razz.

Sounds good to me the Nexus Monthly Crystal ExhibitSmile

I will be waiting for the first show.

corridors of my cells
#11 Posted : 11/9/2009 7:51:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Need to try hard to beat the dmt flowers or those flowery dmt glass shards

wow.. Very happy nice ones hahaha

WSaged
#12 Posted : 11/9/2009 8:36:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are some nice sized "1000 petaled lotus" crystals[/url] I made using the D-Limo/FASW tek, plus a Naptha freeze precip recrystallization, then a room temp recrystallization/grow using Heptane.

It's post #164, if the list takes you to the wrong one...had trouble with this before....

Planning another extraction for the near future & I'm sure a certain amount of the final yield will have to be recrystallized with heptane at room temp again, to grow some more of these beauties...I'll add them when that time comes.

cheese
WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

corridors of my cells
#13 Posted : 11/9/2009 10:15:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WSaged wrote:
Here are some nice sized "1000 petaled lotus" crystals[/url] I made using the D-Limo/FASW tek, plus a Naptha freeze precip recrystallization, then a room temp recrystallization/grow using Heptane.

It's post #164, if the list takes you to the wrong one...had trouble with this before....

Planning another extraction for the near future & I'm sure a certain amount of the final yield will have to be recrystallized with heptane at room temp again, to grow some more of these beauties...I'll add them when that time comes.

cheese
WS

Nice xtals.. Is using heptane so much difference?

shoe
#14 Posted : 11/9/2009 10:37:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ismokecrystals wrote:
sort of like a "bud of the month" contest on marijuana growing forums.

Thats exactly what this is, and exactly why it would get competitive - even if there is no prize.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

q21q21
#15 Posted : 11/9/2009 10:49:34 PM

SWIM

Quick question:

Can you get anywhere close to these crystals with naptha.

SWIM's scoured all of vancouver for bestine with no luck.

If you could you give a brief description?

THANKS ALL
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

endlessness
#16 Posted : 11/9/2009 11:08:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes you can get somewhere very nice with naphtha, not the same but very nice long crystals also... Just evaporate VERY slowly..

put it in a place with no wind, maybe almost completely cover the container.. then forget about it and check days/weeks later Smile

Touche Guevara
#17 Posted : 11/9/2009 11:14:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
yes you can get somewhere very nice with naphtha, not the same but very nice long crystals also... Just evaporate VERY slowly..

put it in a place with no wind, maybe almost completely cover the container.. then forget about it and check days/weeks later Smile

Someone else on here mentioned that he had very good results with cycling his precip container from the freezer to the fridge and then sitting out on the counter before going back in the freezer. His reasoning was that the smaller crystal formations would re-dissolve, while the larger ones would grow over time.

corridors of my cells
#18 Posted : 11/9/2009 11:25:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
Quick question:

Can you get anywhere close to these crystals with naptha.

SWIM's scoured all of vancouver for bestine with no luck.

If you could you give a brief description?

THANKS ALL

i didnt remove the yellow layer from my evaporation so its yellow. but i think color problems can be solved its no problem... what i do is i take the leftover naphta after freeze precipt and apply slow evap to that in a big evap dish. Using a wine glass is the best, you need a curvy bottom to grow bigger crystals.. im gonna try xtlyzing all stuff i have in my hand.. just to get some experience.
corridors of my cells attached the following image(s):
xtalz.jpg (455kb) downloaded 264 time(s).

q21q21
#19 Posted : 11/10/2009 2:45:52 AM

SWIM

So basically something relatively skinny (low surface area) with a curved bottom is best.

So how about covering a campaign glass with plastic wrap + a rubber band then poking a single hole with a pin in the top?

Or would it be better without a hole?

SWIM IS EXCITED!
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

endlessness
#20 Posted : 11/10/2009 2:53:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Touche Guevara wrote:
endlessness wrote:

Someone else on here mentioned that he had very good results with cycling his precip container from the freezer to the fridge and then sitting out on the counter before going back in the freezer. His reasoning was that the smaller crystal formations would re-dissolve, while the larger ones would grow over time.

yes this does work increasing crystal size..

Maybe SWIM just didnt do it for long enough, but even though it does work, he still never seen such monster crystals from fridge-freeze cycling as he did from super slow evaps (also because the slow evap is something you can put in some corner and forget about it for days/week/months, while the fridge/freeze thing needs your constant attention to keep changing and changing)

12NEXT