We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Most reliable way to get White xtals from mhrb? Options

SHroomtroll
#1 Posted : 7/18/2017 12:57:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive been extracting for a bunch of years.
Mostly ive made changa so i never minded having yellow Spice.
However recently ive been using pure dmt more.

Im having a huge problem getting clean spice though.
Seems like some batches are better then others, but it seems random.

Ive tried cleaning the spice by re-x and sodium carb wash with little success.

So is there any tek that gives at least the first few pulls all white?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ulim
#2 Posted : 7/18/2017 3:26:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SHroomtroll wrote:
Ive been extracting for a bunch of years.
Mostly ive made changa so i never minded having yellow Spice.
However recently ive been using pure dmt more.

Im having a huge problem getting clean spice though.
Seems like some batches are better then others, but it seems random.

Ive tried cleaning the spice by re-x and sodium carb wash with little success.

So is there any tek that gives at least the first few pulls all white?

What you need to do is a cybs tek without heating.
While pulling you need to immeadiatly add clean naptha shake twice then pull it out.
This way the gunk will not have enough time to dissolve into the naptha so you end up with clean dmt.

cyb
#3 Posted : 7/18/2017 3:36:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Ulim wrote:
While pulling you need to immeadiatly add clean naptha shake twice then pull it out.
This way the gunk will not have enough time to dissolve into the naptha so you end up with clean dmt.

^^^ This
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

slugware
#4 Posted : 7/18/2017 9:09:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:

Can you elaborate on this a bit , please ? Pleased When you say 'without heating' do you mean without putting the reaction vessel into a warm water bath? Or not any heat at all - no warm water for acidifying, salting, etc ?

Also when exactly you put the naphta immediately - like after basifying for two hours ? And you don't do 15 minutes cycles per pull, but just let the NPS stay in there and do its thing for shaking twice and pulling right away ?

Really interested in that! THanks for input! Pleased

Ulim
#5 Posted : 7/18/2017 10:10:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

slugware wrote:
Can you elaborate on this a bit , please ? Pleased When you say 'without heating' do you mean without putting the reaction vessel into a warm water bath? Or not any heat at all - no warm water for acidifying, salting, etc ?
Also when exactly you put the naphta immediately - like after basifying for two hours ? And you don't do 15 minutes cycles per pull, but just let the NPS stay in there and do its thing for shaking twice and pulling right away ?

No heating = No warm water bath and let the lye solution cool before pulling.

And with immeadiatly I mean immeadiatly. Add the naptha to the base soup. Shake once. Wait for seperation. Shake again. Wait for seperation and then take out the naptha. Shouldnt take more than 5 minutes to do.

Then when you have all the naptha pulled out you can repeat. Dont let any naptha stay with the base soup or your dmt will quickly turn brown.

slugware
#6 Posted : 7/18/2017 10:14:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for clarifying that ! Pleased

blue.magic
#7 Posted : 7/19/2017 9:03:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I get much whiter spice when using warm (not very hot) heptane for pulling. Naphtha pulls more stuff out. So maybe do first pull with heptane, then with naphtha.

The warmer naphtha, the more colored it will be.

What work for me every time is to dissolve spice in hot heptane, add a little bit activated charcoal and boil for a minute or so (boils at 98 C so be careful). Then filter the heptane through a bed of Celite (necessary to remove charcoal). This will remove any discoloration, but at the expense of some spice. Then you can let DMT recrystallize slowly.

Here is the more detailed description.

Another method may be to go via DMT fumarate, i.e. salt, clean up fumarate with acetone, then freebase.

DeeMenTalist
#8 Posted : 7/19/2017 1:26:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:

Hmmm. Never thought about this. And there is no loss in final yield? As OP said, I`m also having mixed results. One batch of bark gives me pure white spice, another gives yellow(cyb`s salt tek, 20-25mins pulls from the cold solution). I`ll try this next time and report back.

Ulim
#9 Posted : 7/19/2017 1:41:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BlazingSatva wrote:
Ulim wrote:

Hmmm. Never thought about this. And there is no loss in final yield? As OP said, I`m also having mixed results. One batch of bark gives me pure white spice, another gives yellow(cyb`s salt tek, 20-25mins pulls from the cold solution). I`ll try this next time and report back.

There will be no loss in yield because you actually dont destroy any dmt. But its a lot more work because not letting the pulls soak will decrease the yield of each pull so you need to pull more.
Or you do the first 3 pulls in this manner and then normal to get the small rest.

What you are doing is trade efficency for clean dmt. But in the end you can always do long soaks to get the rest.

Running Bear
#10 Posted : 7/25/2017 2:24:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I completely disagree about only giving it 5 min . I mean for God sakes give it at least a little time to fully seperate Laughing . Don't use heat, pull every hour or 2, freeze precipitation , then re-x and your dmt will be white a snow. If it's acacia do a mini a/b. I've done nearly 20 extractions and I get white dmt without yellowing every time doing it this way.

Asher7
#11 Posted : 7/25/2017 5:41:11 PM

Professional Tracker

Speak of the devil, I was just questioning this in another thread. The teks I've read add the solvent overnight stirring when convenient, pull, add new solvent in the morning, stir when convienient and pull in the evening. So about every 12 hours, pull. The pictures looked fine untill about the 4th pull where there would be just a few specks of crystal and a film of yellow oil. Clean up, and you're good.

Laughter.
#12 Posted : 8/7/2017 7:38:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

add a couple drops of clean cold water to your pulls and reheat, oils/fats.dust will settle out leaving you with a clean white finish

pull for as long as you want, do a double wash, first wash add less then a tea spoon of water/ second wash use clean solvent/ re-dissolve and add water again *4-6drops* then freezeprecip/evap
BREATHE.

dark-king
#13 Posted : 1/14/2018 3:14:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

question aimed at Cyb ..but anyone can feel free to answer also.

In both your guides, normal and max ion ...you clearly advise us to use heat / hot water bath while doing the pulls.

now you are saying the exact opposite here ... to do it cold ...

please let us know ...are there any downsides for not applying the heat ? lower yield etc ?
or is this a new discovery based on more attempts ?

why would you say use heat in all your guides ??

jiva
#14 Posted : 1/14/2018 3:47:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dark-king wrote:

please let us know ...are there any downsides for not applying the heat ? lower yield etc ?
or is this a new discovery based on more attempts ?

if you apply heat you will break more molecules free from the root bark, but this means you will also get more fats

if you pull quickly and do not apply heat you will get less yield but more white crystals

dark-king
#15 Posted : 1/14/2018 8:26:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

any idea how much less yield ? like are we talking 10% or rather 50% loss ?

sendokon
#16 Posted : 1/14/2018 9:26:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The warmth will always bring out more of everything. its not a bad thing really, rather get more fats and spice if you can. clean up will take care of getting you white crystals. theres always going to be a yield loss when your taking out the fats.

using cybs

Take your pulls from your soup, put it all in a jar, make sure not to get any of the base soup mixed in.

Do a mini ab
400-500ml distilled water add 50ml 5% acid.
add naphtha
shake shake shake ect...

3 layers may form, top naptha, middle fats, bottom dmt acid water.

take out all naphtha, put in a jar to use later. slowly take out middle layer, jar it or discard.

60g lye add to water, add base to dmt acid water. proper protection required with lye.

shake shake shake ect

May have 3 layers again, top naptha, middle fats, bottom base.

Can slowly try to pull out the middle layer. i ussualy do after the first pull
pull naptha x5-x10

1 big dish evap, freeze, dance.

-I do it room temp, ussualy let it cool slowly, freeze, evap while frozen.

Don't know if any of that helps, but there it is. Typed more than what i originally intended, maybe someone will find it helpful...
-sen
I can ussually turn a bad trip into somthing positive and take somthing from it and learn. Why is that so diffrent from waking life for me?

melotikaci
#17 Posted : 1/15/2018 7:48:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dark-king wrote:
any idea how much less yield ? like are we talking 10% or rather 50% loss ?

You loose yield per pull, not in general. You can do more pulls and get the same yield.

dark-king
#18 Posted : 1/15/2018 8:00:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you kindly both sendokon and melotikaci

sendokon
I appreciate your longer write-up and honestly it's very helpful.
I imagine it took a few minutes to write but it helped a lot.

and I was about to ask as follow up if the decrease in yield can be compensated by doing more pulls ... but melotikaci read my mind and answered before I could even ask Smile)

Mister_Niles
#19 Posted : 1/15/2018 11:41:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've yet to try Cyb's Max Ion tek, but I've always had luck getting pretty, white spice from the q21q21 tek (fluffy white fun fest)
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

sendokon
#20 Posted : 1/17/2018 12:39:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im glad we been helpful, yah melotikaci is right, cleaning up and taking out oils and fats will always reduce yield.
Similar maybe to counting your chickens before they hatch. Not that yellow spice is a bad thing, but its not a real loss if you clean it up more. You can always do more pulls, and see what's hiding in there. Smile

My next go ill be trying my normal mini ab, x5 50ml pulls. then pull x5 50ml from soup and another seperate mini ab just to see and compare the two.

My last one had a really high yield with x5 pulls from the soup, just curious how much is in there still.

-sen

dark-king wrote:
Thank you kindly both sendokon and melotikaci

sendokon
I appreciate your longer write-up and honestly it's very helpful.
I imagine it took a few minutes to write but it helped a lot.

and I was about to ask as follow up if the decrease in yield can be compensated by doing more pulls ... but melotikaci read my mind and answered before I could even ask Smile)

I can ussually turn a bad trip into somthing positive and take somthing from it and learn. Why is that so diffrent from waking life for me?

12NEXT