We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Low 5-MeO-DMT dose recommendations for therapeutic work Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 7/11/2017 2:07:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi y'all,

Some people have found great value in working with 5-MeO-DMT at lower dosages...much lower than that required for a breakthrough experience...for psychotherapeutic work. Some people report deep, cathartic effects when such low doses are used in succession. Others may find a small "handshake" dose prior to a breakthrough dose of value. Some have reported highly beneficial effects when a small dose of 5-MeO-DMT is used prior to ingesting another type of psychedelic at a higher dose.

Below are some suggested low dose recommendations for anyone that wishes to experiment with this approach. Keep in mind that individual sensitivities to 5-MeO-DMT vary widely so one may be wise to start at the lower dose recommendations, and increase from there as or when desired.

- Nasal insufflation: 2-7mg.
- Rectal administration: 3-7mg.
- IM injection: 1.5-4mg.
- Vapourised: 2-5mg.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Aum_Shanti
#2 Posted : 7/11/2017 3:04:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

From my experiences so far I definitely think low dosing 5-MeO-DMT has a very beneficial and healing effect.
Yesterday for the first time I insufflated some really small dose HCl salt and it burnt like ***.
I heard of someone using Propylenglykol for insufflating DPT with a nose spray.
So I will try this way and see how it is.

But for low dose it is surely much nicer as it isn't so aggressive in the beginning. But as said, the physical discomfort is really bad for me, by insufflating the powder.

I read a lot of good things about IM, but currently the needle thing really turns me off.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Global
#3 Posted : 7/12/2017 12:24:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I find 2-5mg vaporized to be questionably and unreliably therapeutic. Those who haven't tried it should make no mistake. 5mg properly vaporized is no walk in the park...even assuming things go well! (IME). It's a very intense, very imposing experience. I have never had the guts to even bring it to breakthrough. I've also gotta say that even when I experience deeeep euphoria from 5-MeO, I'm often left with a feeling of a burnt out brain afterward. This is the opposite of how I feel following an experience with deep euphoria from N,N. Following such an experience, I tend to feel revitalized, as if someone hit the reset. With 5-MeO, it feels like it depletes the energy it presents.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Bancopuma
#4 Posted : 7/12/2017 10:14:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting Global. Rafael who gave the talk on 5-MeO-DMT in the other thread is an advocate of low dose 5-MeO for psychotherapeutic work has the view that vapourisation is the least preferable ROA for this kind of work. His ROA of choice is IM injection, while I know Ralph Metzner is an advocate of insufflation. These ROA's provide a more gentle entry into the 5-MeO space and more time in there for this kind of work.

I was always wary when it came to breakthrough 5-MeO doses...this is why I'm glad to have had a session where the dose and everything else were taken care of for me. 5-MeO at breakthrough dosage is some serious, deep water stuff, far beyond any of the other psychedelics IMO in power, but I count myself very very lucky in having experienced it at this level nd consider my collective experiences the most profound of my life to date, by far. I can't say I've noticed any depletion after 5-MeO (at either low or breakthrough dosages), but it goes to show how much individual reactions to 5-MeO vary. I did read a report of someone comparing synthetic pure 5-MeO with the Bufo toad extract, this person found that they experienced similar burnt out feelings using the former, but not the latter.

Aum_Shanti
#5 Posted : 7/12/2017 10:53:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting.
So far I mostly vaped. There I never had depleted energy. Quite the opposite the next days I had always much more energy.

Yesterday I insufflated 5mg (first time apart from a tiny test dose before). And today I'm quite energy depleted. So basically the opposite.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

NotTwo
#6 Posted : 8/18/2017 1:05:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Bancopuma

I put this on the forum a year or so ago. Not quite therapeutic work (depending on how you define that) but using it in small doses with meditation:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=753723#post753723

I had initially rejected it as being useful apart from at its release dose. It took a while to see how it could be used at lower doses.
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

explorer7
#7 Posted : 12/13/2018 4:41:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

NotTwo wrote:
Hi Bancopuma

I put this on the forum a year or so ago. Not quite therapeutic work (depending on how you define that) but using it in small doses with meditation:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=753723#post753723

I had initially rejected it as being useful apart from at its release dose. It took a while to see how it could be used at lower doses.

Fascinated by the connection between meditation and micro-dosing 5meo or Toad.

Curious what insights or consistent experiences do people find with microdosing 5meo or Toad?
everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

NotTwo
#8 Posted : 12/14/2018 2:15:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

explorer7 wrote:

Curious what insights or consistent experiences do people find with microdosing 5meo or Toad?

I'd almost not call it micro-dosing, more sub-release dosing. I've done a lot more work on this but finding the exact dose between release and too low a dose has been tricky and very variable. It also depends a lot on what you want to achieve. Dealing with deep seated trauma needs higher dosing, meditation for the purposes of understanding non dualism less. There seems to be a natural window of about 40 minutes for both of these following the initial high point of the experience.

Would love to hear from other people who have tried this. I often think people are almost entirely missing the point of 5-meo Sad

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

explorer7
#9 Posted : 12/14/2018 7:46:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

NotTwo wrote:
explorer7 wrote:

I'd almost not call it micro-dosing, more sub-release dosing. I've done a lot more work on this but finding the exact dose between release and too low a dose has been tricky and very variable. It also depends a lot on what you want to achieve. Dealing with deep seated trauma needs higher dosing, meditation for the purposes of understanding non dualism less. There seems to be a natural window of about 40 minutes for both of these following the initial high point of the experience.

Would love to hear from other people who have tried this. I often think people are almost entirely missing the point of 5-meo Sad

NotTwo, curious to if you find that in the days following a sub-release dose:
are you more or less interested in your work(career/study)?
does it engage you more with life or leave you detach for a couple days?

I find a lot insights happen 24 hours and days following after micro-dosing tryptamines ... haven't done 5meo yet
everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

rOm
#10 Posted : 1/4/2019 9:07:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As for the ROA, I don't play with needles so am left with IR and vaped ( I favor plugged over nasally for this molecule comfortwise, samle for n,n dmt ).

ANd I tend to to IR synthetic and smoked / vaporized the organic bufo scretions( in a oil burner like glass piep you'd used for butter or shatter ) and a torch lighter.

I find the IR method preffered but I have to vape the orgnaic and unputre / unisolated toad secretion to make sure I do'nt ingest bufotoxins ( hence the use of torch lighteter too to reach proper high vaporisation temperatures and oxyde the buyfotoxins.

And I find 5 mg pure IR good starting dose and 20 or even as low 15mg of unpure bufo secretions are usually my go to starting low dose / microdsoe ( or the threshopld effects).

I find different dosages and ROA all have their place.
Bigger dosage to breakthrough dosages are gerenally only done once to twice max a year while low or microdoage I can do sometimes thrre times a week for week and few week a monthg at this pace.
BUt am still a beginner with this molecule which I approach whihc respect.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !