We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
new National Geographic Doc Options

ibeing897
#1 Posted : 11/7/2009 3:31:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry if it's already been mentioned.. but I thought I'd draw your attention to a new LSD doc on National Geo called Inside LSD, very positive, covers the new LSD tests... I thought it was good, and there aren't many LSD docs, should be on torrents and stuff.
all posts are fictional

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MagikVenom
#2 Posted : 11/7/2009 3:51:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lbeing789 wrote:
Sorry if it's already been mentioned.. but I thought I'd draw your attention to a new LSD doc on National Geo called Inside LSD, very positive, covers the new LSD tests... I thought it was good, and there aren't many LSD docs, should be on torrents and stuff.

Sounds interesting thanks I will be watching it now and its on the good old TUBE as well. Thanks for posting!

National Geographic Explorer - Inside LSD (part 1/5)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Zv7Hawvb0

EDIT
Good description of the impending doom effect a foolish woman at a party "she and her friends were putting it in each others drinks" it resulted in a BAD Trip.

ibeing897
#3 Posted : 11/7/2009 3:57:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

first new thing it showed was that different parts of your brain light up when you have a good trip than when you're having a bad trip... I never knew that! and that's promising as it suggests these experiences aren't two sides of the same coin but rather a bad trip is a kind of side effect...

Another thing that kinda bothered me was the bit about concave faces and that people with mental illness or on psychs can differentiate these better... guess what, I have no problem seeing the different most of the time!.. uh oh.
all posts are fictional

benzyme
#4 Posted : 11/7/2009 3:57:45 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

haven't seen it, but i was told afoaf appears in that doc, as he works under Dr. Nichols.
he's J. McCorvy
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

VisualDistortion
#5 Posted : 11/7/2009 5:00:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Use bromo-LSD to relieve cluster head aches? No effects? What's the fun in that!
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

benzyme
#6 Posted : 11/7/2009 5:03:08 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

serotonergics in general can relieve headaches
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

MagikVenom
#7 Posted : 11/7/2009 5:20:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Given the rats 160micros a day long term for a ratShocked no wonder they exhibited abnormal behavior and refused there sugar water they probably could not make it out in there kaleidoscopic vision. Thats a good psychedelic dose for a human rats are much smaller. Anyone care to calculate the human equivalent of that?

All and all pretty good doc. I have to do some reading on Dr Nichols and his work.

ibeing897
#8 Posted : 11/7/2009 5:35:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you know what else was cool.. seeing a brand new high tech acid lab... that guy was so proud of his product.
all posts are fictional

benzyme
#9 Posted : 11/7/2009 5:40:19 AM

analytical chemist

that lab traditionally deals more with benzodifurans and 2CX/DOX compounds

benzyme
#10 Posted : 11/8/2009 12:12:51 AM

analytical chemist

damn, this is a great doc
*watching*

ibeing897
#11 Posted : 11/8/2009 12:23:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah man it was really refreshing actually... for the first time in a long time, I'm actually starting to feel legalisation may happen in my lifetime... the attitude is definitely changing.
all posts are fictional

benzyme
#12 Posted : 11/8/2009 12:28:59 AM

analytical chemist

well, change, even social change, is always constant (unless you live in the sticks)

and luckily, studies on certain psychotropics have been revived within the past 5 years.

jamie
#13 Posted : 11/8/2009 4:48:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

hey thanks for posting this! really enjoying it!...makes me want to track down some pure LSD in the near future..
Long live the unwoke.

Û©
#14 Posted : 11/8/2009 10:08:11 AM

brought me to tears

burnt
#15 Posted : 11/8/2009 10:39:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Very good documentary. Its nice to see documentaries focusing on the science and potential medical benefits of these substances.

imPsimon
#16 Posted : 11/8/2009 11:55:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very good documentary=)=)...made my mouth watery with metallic taste=)drool
Nice to see it from a source like NGC also=)

Here's another documentary coming up:

http://orangesunshinemovie.com/

soulfood
#17 Posted : 11/8/2009 12:35:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Awesome SmileThanks for posting that.

I'm so envious of all those folk with access to this amazing substance. My experience with LSD is very little, being only 2 and both at music festivals. But I do my serious work with psychedelics at home by myself and LSD is the only substance I care to use, that I haven't used in my ideal setting. Watching that was like a constant reminder of benefits I could experience that are unique to this substance.

Did anyone catch the name of that novelty centre in the brain?

Edit: Good old google spell checker. Smile It's "Locus coeruleus"

ibeing897
#18 Posted : 11/8/2009 12:45:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Awesome SmileThanks for posting that.

I'm so envious of all those folk with access to this amazing substance. My experience with LSD is very little, being only 2 and both at music festivals. But I do my serious work with psychedelics at home by myself and LSD is the only substance I care to use, that I haven't used in my ideal setting. Watching that was like a constant reminder of benefits I could experience that are unique to this substance.

Did anyone catch the name of that novelty centre in the brain?

Edit: Good old google spell checker. Smile It's "Locus coeruleus"

Yeah man, that was awesome! I mean, I already knew it, with acid it's all about new stuff, that really says something about setting, it's not so much a comfortable setting as an interesting one that is important... anything new is likely to trigger mad stuff... I've had this happen loads of times I just didn't realise it... I think it also says something about when trips go south, it's usually because somthing throws you off.
all posts are fictional

ibeing897
#19 Posted : 11/8/2009 12:54:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I want one of those candies Smile
all posts are fictional

'Coatl
#20 Posted : 11/8/2009 5:53:48 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I thought it was a good docu, but slightly biased when it talked about "bad trips" and stuff.

And man that dude was retarded who had those terrible headaches but wouldn't take LSD-25 because "he promised his daughter he would never take an illegal drug".... I'd shoot heroin or smoke crack if I had that kind of pain and it would make it go away! What a tool!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

12NEXT