We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT is giving me tinnitus Options

Entranced
#1 Posted : 6/27/2017 12:05:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear Nexians,
I never had any issues with tinnitus before I've got to know the spice about three years ago (I'm now 28 ).
It took me some time to find out that there might be a connection between smoalking and this high pitched noise in my brain, because it seems to me this is a rather unusual side effect.

I did some research on myself to check my suspicion, and for me it behaves like that:
Even a smaller dose of dmt (10-15mg through my GVG) is enough to give me a tinnitus which lasts for at least several weeks. With breakthrough doses it is worse. During that time, the noise is sometimes better, sometimes worse enough to distract me from conversations and other things in my daily life. Depends from day to day, changes after sleeping and stays consistent during the day. When I don't smoke, it gets better after a month or two.

The interesting thing is, the tinnitus doesn't start right after the trip, but usually 12-48 hours later, so I wouldn't call it a persisting carrier wave or sth like that.
The sounds I hear in hyperspace don't sound like the tinnitus does.

I don't get tinnitus from any other drug, be it psychedelics, stimulants, sedatives or whatever there is - only from dmt.

Has anybody ever heard of this? I would be happy to get some input here because I love the spice, but this side effect really spoils it for me.

Thank you in advance,
Entranced

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Norsern_vind
#2 Posted : 6/27/2017 4:41:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Entranced wrote:
Dear Nexians,
I never had any issues with tinnitus before I've got to know the spice about three years ago (I'm now 28 ).
It took me some time to find out that there might be a connection between smoalking and this high pitched noise in my brain, because it seems to me this is a rather unusual side effect.

I did some research on myself to check my suspicion, and for me it behaves like that:
Even a smaller dose of dmt (10-15mg through my GVG) is enough to give me a tinnitus which lasts for at least several weeks. With breakthrough doses it is worse. During that time, the noise is sometimes better, sometimes worse enough to distract me from conversations and other things in my daily life. Depends from day to day, changes after sleeping and stays consistent during the day. When I don't smoke, it gets better after a month or two.

The interesting thing is, the tinnitus doesn't start right after the trip, but usually 12-48 hours later, so I wouldn't call it a persisting carrier wave or sth like that.

I don't get tinnitus from any other drug, be it psychedelics, stimulants, sedatives or whatever there is - only from dmt.

Has anybody ever heard of this? I would be happy to get some input here because I love the spice, but this side effect really spoils it for me.

Thank you in advance,
Entranced

DMT does create a spike in blood pressure I believe, which can affect the blood vessels within the inner ear and create hearing loss and potential tinnitus.

How is your overall health? Are you overweight or have high blood pressure?

I wouldn't agree with DMT causing the problem until you can confirm its just not an underlying condition surfacing during dmt use

ShamensStamen
#3 Posted : 6/27/2017 5:54:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If you're having tinnitus, i'd look more into nutrition (or the lack thereof when it comes to certain vitamins or minerals) as the cause rather than the DMT.

Entranced
#4 Posted : 6/28/2017 12:56:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know about my blood pressure, but I'm rather a tall, thin guy, certainly not too heavy. My overall health is fine, mentally and physically, nothing which I could connect to tinnitus. I think my nutrition is ok too, I've looked that up already. The tinnitus disappears after a few weeks if I don't smoalk, without changing other aspects of my life.
And it is back after I smoalk again. It is obvious to me that the DMT is causing this - I wouldn't have asked if i wouldn't be almost 100% sure. I'm thinking about this since at least two years.
I thought about the rise of blood pressure during trips too. I will look that up. But why should it persist for such a long time? Surely my blood pressure is not staying high for weeks after a 5 minute experience?

ShamensStamen
#5 Posted : 6/28/2017 1:56:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The only reason i mentioned nutrition is because sometimes lack of certain vitamins or minerals can cause certain issues, which i think tinnitus may be one of them. You definitely wanna make sure you're getting enough active B12 and Folate, as well as Magnesium, Zinc, and some other stuff. Not sure if that'd help out or not but i think it's worth a try.

I'm not sure why the DMT would be causing your tinnitus, but if that's what you think is going on then i'd say just try to find ways to control or do away with the tinnitus. Have you tried Changa or oral DMT to see if it also gives you tinnitus afterwards?

Ram Dazz
#6 Posted : 7/3/2017 9:32:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Friends,

I had from time to time similar experiences with Chi Gong exercises and also with DMT.
But this happens not after the sessions...

My explanation "this is the rush and sudden peak of energy".

What helps me is to put one finger in the related ear and concentrate on the blood flow. I then do
autosuggestion like "I feel it becomes weaker and weaker" and it works.

What also works is to say loud and with a pleasant voice "please slowly not so fast" to DMT (or to my
brain under the influence of DMT). It works (for me) the rush/"DMT lift off" gets
slower and not so powerful/overwhelming/pressure.

BTW, this is a proof for me that the energy I feel is real.
Smile

Thx
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And we can take this huge universe and put it inside a very tiny head: you fold it.

Ram Dazz
#7 Posted : 7/3/2017 9:41:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Entranced wrote:
Dear Nexians,

Thank you in advance,
Entranced

After reading your post a second time...could it be that the reason is may be the GVG?
I tried also the GVG but I returned to my Volcano. The GVG is great but sometimes the DMT experience is too fast too pressure. (like a rocket lift off).
With the volcano plastic bag I can "fine tune" the experience and extend the available time.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And we can take this huge universe and put it inside a very tiny head: you fold it.

Forestwalker
#8 Posted : 7/13/2017 5:09:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Blood pressure brother , try some turmeric or l-arginine before come up , Avoid caffeine before smoalkin

Northerner
#9 Posted : 7/13/2017 7:22:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I get it in one ear. Often the tinnitus will start before carrier wave and will come and go for a day or two afterwards. It never really bothered me as I don't smoalk that much... I would be concerned if like you Entranced and it lasted for many weeks though.

I found that it is stronger with different sourced spice also, probably the various alkaloid profiles. Have you noticed any differences like this?
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Forestwalker
#10 Posted : 7/13/2017 7:37:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

perhaps it's occupational then triggered by a pressure change . What do yo do?are you a bassist ? Airline traffic conductor? Any Loud everyday noise? Not being insulting just narrowing down

Loveall
#11 Posted : 8/31/2017 2:52:54 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Ginkgo Biloba may help with tinnitus. If you are on the supplement it may not come back. May be worth a try.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Tooraj2008
#12 Posted : 6/23/2020 3:23:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Entranced wrote:
Dear Nexians,

Thank you in advance,
Entranced

OK! SWIM got Tinnitus by smoking DMT more than a year ago and it takes about a year to calm down but today SWIM have a bit of tinnitus! It does not completely fade away.

Smoking DMT can cause deformation in Etheric & Astral body and these are connected to the physical body and has direct effects on that! so the probable dangers are unpredictable!

So the dangers are in 3 categories: Physical , Etheric , Astral

1- Physical danger is when DMT makes partial permanent damage to nerves system like HPPD

2- Etheric danger is when the Etheric body deformation happens and takes a long time to heal
Etheric deformation affects the blood flow of vessels and makes tinnitus

3- Astral danger is when the Astral deformation happens and makes different emotional problems

Duncan Disorderly
#13 Posted : 6/23/2020 4:11:02 PM

DO NOT READ THIS!

I've had tinnitus for a few years now and had it long before SWIM first tried DMT. There are different types of noises associated with tinnitus. In my case, it's a high pitched noise. According to my doctor and everything I read, it is incurable.

Some say having your ears syringed can help, but aside from that there's little that can be done. If the noises eventually disappear, then I question if it's actually tinnitus.

A Ted talk I watched recently suggested tinnitus is also triggered in a part of the brain that sets the frequency for our hearing. This means that things like loud noises are not the only cause. This frequency can change as you get older. If they can figure out how to change the frequency, then it can be cured.

Peace.
DD.
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

AnkhHotep
#14 Posted : 7/29/2020 5:13:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also experience the tinnitus phenomenon quite regularly on spice especially if its more than low dose. For me it´s definitely like tinnitus, but goes away with the afterglow. It starts as the effects are recognizable though. In a way it also just feels like hearing hearing.
It´s definitely connected to energy I think since there are similar experience while doing certain pranayamas. Especially with spice its literally observable how the sound is connected to certain energy currents in the body. Since I believe that Spice is a powerfull subtlebody purification and charging it might be that, if there are any imbalances or tensions that phenomena of any kind connected to sight and sound might occur... Thats the reason why I also would suggest to include a psycho-physical-spiritual routine before the actual spice which has worked for me very well so far.

Hope that you might find this helpful or find more informational medicine around here!

Peace,
Hotep
Fields of "expertise" and interest:
German Idealism, Phenomenology, Psychoanalysisis and Psychotherapy, Philosophy of Mythology and Religion, Tibetan Buddhism