We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Correct Machine Technique Options

Crisp
#1 Posted : 11/6/2009 4:43:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
After a lot of experimenting, my friend figured that this was the best way to use the machine - She say's it's possible to take a full dose in one hit.

1. Get a torch lighter, she uses a $2.50 one. Turn it up high until the flame is purpleish.
2. Hold the machine TOTALLY VERTICAL.
3. Hold the torch lighter a few inches directly below the bottle neck.
4. Plumes of vapor should form. If they feel harsh, move the flame down a bit, if they are not rushing up the bottle, move the flame closer a bit.
5. To get all of the contents, try moving the flame in a small horizontal circular motion under the bottle neck.
6. Take a long, slow, deep inhale.

Warning: If you are used to a less effective technique, this may really surprise you with it's intensity. Go slow at first.

Good Luck

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#2 Posted : 11/6/2009 7:40:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Crisp wrote:
Warning: If you are used to a less effective technique, this may really surprise you with it's intensity. Go slow at first.

Take heed of that warning folks!

While SWIM uses a more advanced vaporizer made from a test tube and a few other parts, the technique and amount of vapor you get are very similar and very efficient compared to using a normal pipe. With the efficiency of these kinds of systems, you can easily get 2-5 times as much properly vaporized spice.

With SWIM, prior to using his test tube system, he was using a normal pipe and had to smoke 100 mg to get effects like that of 20 mg from his test tube system.

Smoking in a pipe with the flame above the DMT tends to cause the DMT to burn. Using a flame from below a glass piece allows you to monitor the DMT to see that it’s properly boiling. You want it to boil, not burn. There’s a big difference. If you see any smoke, it’s burning. You should only see vapor. Its kind of hard to explain, but DMT vapor and DMT smoke looks different and also tastes different. The vapor looks wet, almost like a cloud does, while DMT smoke looks dry.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Aoutiv
#3 Posted : 11/6/2009 7:48:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the post, SWIM will take the warning with care (he did not do this for the pharma O.o). Ron, would you care explaining SWIY's system more elaboratly?
“I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.”
-Watts-

"We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies — all these are private and, except through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes."
-Huxley-

Crisp
#4 Posted : 11/6/2009 8:43:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ron -
The first time my friend tried this technique, she was simply trying to clean out a little residue from a previous experiment with the machine, and was caught totally off guard with one of the most visually stunning experiences yet. It couldn't have been a lot left in the pipe either. Previous experiments with shoddy technique have taken several hits and not produced nearly the same results. I think that one could get the so called 'third hit' with just one long toke.

tryptographer
#5 Posted : 11/18/2009 1:01:50 AM

tryptamine photographer

Good idea to hold it upside down with the flame beneath. Let gravity pull molten DMT towards the heat, not away from it where it can re-condense and hide!

tryptographer
#6 Posted : 11/18/2009 1:19:56 AM

tryptamine photographer

69ron wrote:

Smoking in a pipe with the flame above the DMT tends to cause the DMT to burn. Using a flame from below a glass piece allows you to monitor the DMT to see that it’s properly boiling. You want it to boil, not burn. There’s a big difference. If you see any smoke, it’s burning. You should only see vapor. Its kind of hard to explain, but DMT vapor and DMT smoke looks different and also tastes different. The vapor looks wet, almost like a cloud does, while DMT smoke looks dry.

DMT in the truly gaseous phase would be almost invisible, I think what we usually inhale is more like a mist of tiny droplets. It's already condensed before it reaches the lungs. It's these micro-droplets that hit the mucous and lung membranes, not DMT in the gas phase. I assume that's what you mean with 'wet vapor'. Dry smoke would contain solid particles and lots of toxic pyrolysis products - ouch!

Theoretically, temperature should stay constant until all DMT has boiled away, especially in a test tube. Only after everything has boiled away, temperature can rise above the boiling point. Is it pyrolysis of residual oils that cause the burning, or maybe local overheating of DMT vapor??