We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My Salvia Liberation Options

ElevatorAlley
#1 Posted : 6/21/2017 6:02:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In another thread, I was requested to detail a lifechanging salvia trip I had a few months back, so here it is. First, some background.

Salvia was my introduction to "higher" psychedelics. I'd tasted it once before, about a decade ago, in my hippy days. Nothing much to write home about. Some rotational spatial hallucinations.

Since then, I'd experienced LSD a couple dozen times or so, mushrooms a little less, and had developed a heavy cannabis habit. Since the age of about 17, I never really missed a day except for supply issues. I was able to function and maintain my life, so I felt like I was okay, but I knew it was a detrimental habit. I would smoke from first wake and all day long. Many days I didn't eat breakfast, but I'd be sure to get high at least once or twice before leaving for work. It numbed me to my lack of progress in personal areas of my life, even though academically and professionally I was able to keep plugging along.

It also suppressed my dreams, and I'd long had an interest in lucid dreaming, and during periods of involuntary abstention, I became pretty good at it. I even went to Marijuana Anonymous meetings, and once managed to go 24 hours sober before I fell right back into the habit. I had basically maxed out my tolerance, only smoking dabs of the highest purity hash oil, routinely taking 2 or 3 for a mild buzz, and eating the strongest edibles. It was unequivocally a pathological habit.

About a year ago I had picked up a gram of 10x salvia on a lark. I never felt an urge to give it a try, until one day for reasons unknown, it felt right. I started with a few tiny flakes, felt nothing, and tried with a few more. A mild trip was achieved, Jacob's Ladder-style conveyor belts filling the air around me, and the feeling of "Of course! This again!" swept over me.

I was hesitant to hit the 10x much harder, and preferred to nurture the rumored reverse tolerance, so I picked up a pouch of plain leaf and a bong, since the hash pipe I'd used previously was quite harsh. On my next attempt, I consumed a half-bowl of plain leaf and reached about the same level as before. Mild and pleasant, though very eery, in that particular salvia way.

For my next go, I predosed with another half-bowl, found myself in the familiar space, and then packed a full bowl of the plain leaf. I torched and consumed it in a single hit. Each time my plan for the trip was the same, hold the hit as long as possible, blow it out the window (I don't like a smoky room), and nestle into bed.

When I hit the full bowl, I barely remember the exhale, and I can't fully account for my physical whereabouts during the following events. I experienced massive layers of reality rolling back in a clockwise direction to the right, as if printed like a 3-dimensional surface on giant paper rolls like you might see in a mill. After two or three layers rolled away, I recognized features from my own room expanding and opening up, and this was the layer I was in. The layer was being pulled into some sort of reality-packaging machinery.

I could feel the presence of my family "nearby" (in this dimension -- my family lives on the other side of the country), so I knew this was my correct universe. As my reality layer was pulled into the machinery, I felt that I was misaligned with the adjacent dimensions. It was as if I was rotated 90 degrees in the 4th or 5th dimension, so my body was split between three dimensions, or crammed in the infinitely small space between dimensions. I knew if the packaging machinery repackaged my reality with me misaligned like that, I would be stuck outside of my reality and my universe for all eternity. I panicked and decided I needed to break free of the machine and get myself properly into my own reality before before that happened. Physically, this manifested as me flailing about, probably on the ground.

Gradually, reality started to come back together, leaving me with a stronger version of the salvia "high" I had experienced before. I regained awareness in my bed. The strange thing was that a trash can on the other side of the room was knocked over. To get to that part of the room, I would have had to walk around a rack of hanging clothes, and then walk back around to get back in my bed. I have no recollection of moving around in the room, although my perspective when reality rolled away told me I must have been on the other side of the room at that time.

Coming back, I had an enormous, overwhelming sense of gratitude and amazement. THANK GOD! I MADE IT BACK! I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THIS REALITY AGAIN! It's a cliche to say you don't know what you have until it's gone, that you take your existence and your life for granted, but I really understood this feeling for the first time, when everything I was and everything I knew was abruptly and roughly stripped away from me, and I had no idea if I would ever get it back.

Traumatic as this experience was, it set me on a path toward DMT, which has been amazing in its own way, but still not as profound in its effects on my life as this one salvia experience. A week or so after that I just stopped smoking weed. It didn't seem at all challenging like before, I just stopped. Without even meaning to or thinking about it, I also stopped drinking energy drinks, another bad habit. The severity of my trichotillomania (compulsive hair-plucking) also radically diminished. None of these things were remotely as difficult as they had been in past attempts to break the habits. It felt effortless. For me, it truly felt magical. I also feel that it has helped with my issues with anger and frustration, although there is still work to be done.

I haven't been back to salvia since, although I still have a lot of leaf and grams of 10x and 20x sitting around. Maybe one day it will call out to me again, but for now I am deeply grateful for Lady Salvia's intervention in my life.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MasonJarBong
#2 Posted : 6/21/2017 6:16:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting and vivid account, ElevatorAlley! You did a great job of conveying it into words (not always an easy task with Salvia). Thanks much for sharing it. Thumbs up

I think most of us familiar with Salvia can relate to your experience. She can be unnerving and even terrifying at times, but she can show you so much! As you probably know, be careful with those breakthrough doses. You likely ambled around your room and knocked over that garbage can before returning to your bed. You could have wandered somewhere more dangerous while out dancing with the Shepherdess.
Nothing is no thing at all.

Legarto Rey
#3 Posted : 6/21/2017 9:18:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks EA. You're a great writer/communicator! See, Salvia Droid's artwork if you haven't.
SD's capacity to "remind" one of the gifted nature of our consensus/typical reality frame is quite reliable. This "memory" seems to fade between sessions, then, "Of course! This again!"

As you related, we "forget" what we "have" until it gets drug through the reality generating, gear driven, conveyor belt machine...ha!

Peace

Mister_Niles
#4 Posted : 6/21/2017 11:52:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In the beginning of your post you say that: "Salvia was my introduction to "higher" psychedelics."

I understand what you are saying, but I've become convinced that salvia is more difficult to work with but as deep, if not deeper than the classics. It just hasn't been explored as much. It's just so weird. IMO it sometimes makes dmt look pedestrian by comparison. I know that sounds crazy, but there is often a feeling of emptiness or abandonment to the places I go that gives me a feeling of desolation. That's harder to work with for me than a place full of yapping entities. The salvia entities I encounter are often stoic and silent or speak in od alien languages that come at me in odd angles that I can't deal with well. I think I just need to work with the plant more. Specifically quidding.
I need to get a plant this summer.

On to your experience: Amazing. A great report. Glad you made it back Smile

What's with the paper thing and salvia? I've had the rolodex type experience and I've heard others talk about it. I have become flipping pages or something made of paper many times. Very odd.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

ElevatorAlley
#5 Posted : 6/21/2017 7:31:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Legarto Rey wrote:
See, Salvia Droid's artwork if you haven't.

Yes!! I love Salvia Droid's work. I have one of his pieces on a phone case, and I've considered commissioning a tattoo or something. (I've never before seen something I'd want tattooed on me.)

Thanks for your responses, everyone.

starway6
#6 Posted : 6/21/2017 8:06:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=ElevatorAlley]In another thread, I was requested to detail a lifechanging salvia trip I had a few months back, so here it is. First, some background.

Salvia was my introduction to "higher" psychedelics.

Yeah...the term..."higher" psychedelics. sounds looks like salvia hidden superiority.
[[.at some levels.]].

Yes.. there is hidden trip quality i have experianced so may times on 10..20..or 40x salvia!

I think that a salvia trip is so intense .. that its understandable that it scares people...!

Every time i enter... even a light salvia extract trip... that compleatly changes my present reality so earth shakingly fast! ... its like the shepardess is saying.. [im queen] ...im the real.. [hidden]..star of this show!

And DMT with all its splenderfull power and colors is somewhat easyier to experiance than a good dose of salvorian A...

Well.. DMT apears the star of the show here... but a hidden giant [salvia D] stands ..behind the curtains on the stage... waiting to split your minds atoms into shereds of cosmic light.. as you fly across green fields of sun saturated plants somewhere on the the far side of the earth...
As you streak across these alien landscapes you no longer feel human anymore because you are part of everything and everything is part of you1!
Then your existance wonders ...why not!

starway6
#7 Posted : 6/21/2017 8:07:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=ElevatorAlley]In another thread, I was requested to detail a lifechanging salvia trip I had a few months back, so here it is. First, some background.

Salvia was my introduction to "higher" psychedelics.

Yeah...the term..."higher" psychedelics. sounds looks like salvia hidden superiority.
[[.at some levels.]].

Yes.. there is hidden trip quality i have experianced so may times on 10..20..or 40x salvia!

I think that a salvia trip is so intense .. that its understandable that it scares people...!

Every time i enter... even a light salvia extract trip... that compleatly changes my present reality so earth shakingly fast! ... its like the shepardess is saying.. [im queen] ...im the real.. [hidden]..star of this show!

And DMT with all its splenderfull power and colors is somewhat easyier to experiance than a good dose of salvorian A...

Well.. DMT apears the star of the show here... but a hidden giant [salvia D] stands ..behind the curtains on the stage... waiting to split your minds atoms into shereds of cosmic light.. as you fly across green fields of sun saturated plants somewhere on the the far side of the earth...
As you streak across these alien landscapes you no longer feel human anymore because you are part of everything and everything is part of you1!
Then your existance wonders ...why not!

Legarto Rey
#8 Posted : 6/23/2017 12:58:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Why do we even do it? Introspection, particularly as the trip fades, exposes the non-languagable-ness of our reality frame. Of ANY reality frame. Quick, cheap, simple>>>and then, holy shit, my typical, default, always there-ness...is actually revealed to be impossibly allowed, sustained, delivered, granted...moment to moment by the grand Sustainer.

In its own fiercely deconstuctive (Shiva) capacity, SD, forces/allows a reconstruction. The wildness of it is that at a particular peak, reconstitution seems inexplicably unlikely, then it comes, with a thankful grace!

Not a toy, stillness and quietude are requisite. Silly or unwise abuse(as with tryptamines/phenethylamines),can be dangerous.

What a gift, our plant allies.

Peace