We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Looking for a salvia cutting in US Options

Mister_Niles
#1 Posted : 6/18/2017 10:56:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm considering buying a plant, but the vendors all look sort of sketchy. Most lead you on and endless stream of redirects to the people who actually sell their salvia and you end up nowhere. I would like to find someone who will give me a cutting. I am in a state where salvia is still legal in the US. Maryland.
I am on a plant exchange fb group but have had no luck there and I was on a forum a couple of years ago, but had no luck. Does anyone have an idea where I can obtain a salvia cutting? Thanks. This is a plant I need to grow to work with.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

cubeananda
#2 Posted : 6/18/2017 11:02:52 PM

jai

Might I suggest getting involved in sharetheseeds.me?

In general this community is anonymous, STS is the more appropriate channel to find a fellow willing to send you a cutting. Not to mention the many highly remarkable qualities of STS.
Share the seeds! (and cuttings lol)

Mister_Niles
#3 Posted : 6/18/2017 11:59:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for that. I will try getting a cutting there. I know that salvia seeds are very rare and difficult for a beginner to cultivate. I'm willing to learn.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

inaniel
#4 Posted : 6/19/2017 2:57:34 AM

mas alla del mar

If it's legal in your state then botanicalspiritshop seems like a good source. they won't ship plants to texas, though Neutral

I've purchased a few cuttings from undergroundroots and was highly satisfied. They're currently short on stock and say they ship a few every other week and will have a full inventory soon, that their plants have been a little slow growing this spring. Worth keeping an eye on them.

I also have a vendor I found actually on FB who sent me three absolutely beautiful salvia plants. He only accepts money order via mail, and doesn't sell anything except live salvia plants (so i don't think i'm breaking any sort of rule), highly recommend him. May take a little longer than you'd like but seems well worth it. If you or anyone else is interested I can provide the details.

These were the plants I received from him
inaniel attached the following image(s):
18814583_561165517596266_48430823795438115_o.jpg (538kb) downloaded 135 time(s).

Legarto Rey
#5 Posted : 6/22/2017 9:01:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Daniel Siebert>Sage Wisdom. Super resource, integrity worth supporting.

Peace

Mister_Niles
#6 Posted : 6/29/2017 2:23:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No luck ordering from Botanical Spirit. Currently not accepting orders. Sage Wisdom is EXTREMELY expensive and the site doesn't look like it's very active. I just emailed him to make sure he was actually still doing retail. I talked to a couple people who said their experience was less than stellar.

No help at Share The Seeds so far.

Inaniel: I think I will go ahead and place an order with undergound roots and wait. I really want to get started growing this plant. My hope is to freely spread cuttings for people to grow.

what is the person's name on facebook? Or are Underground Roots the same? Thanks.

- Art Van D'lay