We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Would there be any harm to letting the basified mix sit for a few days before doing the extraction? Options

Proxima Centauri
#1 Posted : 6/15/2017 3:48:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I think I made a mistake by not breaking down my bark enough before adding water to start the freeze/thaw process in cybs max ion tech. I have never had this problem before because all of the bark that I have obtained in the past was already broken down into powder. Anyway, I was reading over Lazyman's tec and and got the idea that if I gave the bark more time to break down in the mix I could sort of compensate.

I was thinking about proceeding through cybs max ion tec like normal but just letting it sit a lot longer before doing the pulls. Is this a bad idea?

I also had the idea of just doing the tech like normal, but after doing the pulls I would hold on to the mix and try to get more from the mix after a day or two. What do you guys think?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

blue.magic
#2 Posted : 6/15/2017 2:15:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some guy earlier let the basic bark solution sit for a week and got over 2% yield.

It seems this is no issue for DMT.

(I've read some alkaloids are sensitive to high pH environment, but the paper was about mescaline)

melotikaci
#3 Posted : 6/15/2017 3:22:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

blue.magic wrote:
Some guy earlier let the basic bark solution sit for a week and got over 2% yield.

It seems this is no issue for DMT.

(I've read some alkaloids are sensitive to high pH environment, but the paper was about mescaline)

That was me I guess Very happy but yield was 1.8% not over 2% (no complains though) Very happy

ijahdan
#4 Posted : 6/15/2017 4:29:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always leave shredded bark for a week in strong basic solution. Last time when I poured it out, after a final pull, the bark had almost liquified. This led me to think that enough breakdown of plant matter had occurred. Got almost 2% yield too.

Jees
#5 Posted : 6/15/2017 4:50:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read about glass getting affected by long term base.
How about this idea: to have the long base soak in a HDPE recipient, then poring it all over in a glass recipient before the first NP solvent goes in to pull? (to avoid having a solvent in plastic even if it's hdpe)

AcidShard
#6 Posted : 6/15/2017 4:59:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have kept base soup in a glass demijohn for probably 2-4 weeks or more without any negative consequences.
It keeps putting out if you do pulls at 1 and 2 weeks.
I think there is a thread where someone left their mimosa soaking for months and retrieved a lot of goodies after that.

soulfood
#7 Posted : 6/15/2017 5:29:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I concur.

In a way sometimes it can be hard to tell if an extraction is done. I used to leave the soup for 1-2 months afterwards then pull with xylene which has on occasions doubled my yield.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 6/15/2017 9:22:25 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

If you leave the extraction (with a bit of naphtha) for about two years, the goodies float to the top and crystallise. Still need to clean the base soup off the crystals, though Big grin

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Kaapiten
#9 Posted : 6/23/2017 2:58:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
If you leave the extraction (with a bit of naphtha) for about two years, the goodies float to the top and crystallise. Still need to clean the base soup off the crystals, though Big grin

Ah ah, the same thing happened to my friend, you never really know when the bark is exhausted Wink .
He left a few jars with a little bit of nps inside and about 2 years later, a lot of spice is floating on top of the soup. He was wondering about how to get back all this spice, he tried to put clean nps to do some pulls but the goodies did not want to travel to the fresh solvant.

He came to the conclusion that he should try a heat bath and warm nps, is he right ?

About leaving the basified mix sit for a while, I have sometimes had problems doing so, when adding the solvant, it became reddish/brownish.
The basic mix does well his job at breaking down the bark, but it can also liberate a lot of unwanted...
I can read that many nexians have no problem with keeping the soup for later pulls, lucky you Razz , I guess there's like a curse on me.

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 6/24/2017 1:13:33 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
he tried to put clean nps to do some pulls but the goodies did not want to travel to the fresh solvant.
Scoop the crystals out and was them with sodium carbonate water. Then recrystallise from light naphtha. Or, they might just be sodium carbonate Wut?

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli