We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First Growing Experience: Golden Teacher Options

sapphire
#1 Posted : 6/14/2017 5:28:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Today I picked part of a first flush of Golden Teachers; my first ever foray into psilocybin.

Hoping to have a first psilocybin experience report to write soon! I'm planning to make tea from 2grams of dried Golden Teacher and then meditate in quiet low-light or darkness.

Also growing some B+ and Colombian Rust but they're not nearly so far along yet.
sapphire attached the following image(s):
IMG_1005.jpg (1,861kb) downloaded 226 time(s).
IMG_1007.jpg (1,731kb) downloaded 224 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Legarto Rey
#2 Posted : 6/14/2017 9:47:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Lovely! What grow tek did you use?

Consider a bit of harmala(psilohuasca) in the mix, particularly with lower shroom doses...once you get your "sea legs".

Kudos for the self grown, deepens the relationship. Listen for the "logos", it's your inner voice. Happy trails!

Peace

smoothmonkey
#3 Posted : 6/14/2017 8:52:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful golden munchies!!!
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

Legarto Rey
#4 Posted : 6/14/2017 9:03:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Sapphire, one other observation I've made is that with low doses(<3g) of cubensis, tea is super but a little kick is lost. Ingested whole, with a bit of peanut butter, small shroom doses give everything they have to you. The gut load isn't typically significant with modest gramage.

That said, when conservation is not paramount, shroom tea made with ample fungal mass yields a super potion that can be titrated>>>easy meditative session, on through, annihilative ecstasy.

Shrooms are awesome, and damn near primordial. McKenna's sense that the dung loving Psilocybes made, "humans out of homonids", is FAR from phantasm!

Peace

JustAnotherHuman
#5 Posted : 6/14/2017 11:45:22 PM

You create your own reality

Well, at least you won't have to worry about them being weak, look at how blue them bad boys are!Shocked

Well done sapphire! And this is only your first try!

Happy trails, mate!Thumbs up
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

sauSage
#6 Posted : 6/15/2017 12:40:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome work, congrats. Thumbs up

But why did you separate the caps from the stems?
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

sapphire
#7 Posted : 6/15/2017 1:30:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the responses! I'm really excited for this experience and just waiting for the right opportunity.

Since this was my first time growing any type of mushroom, instead of a DIY tek I purchased a simple kit. It made things super easy but might not have been maximally cost effective.

I separated the caps from the stems, and also tore some of the stems in half, just so I could feel confident they're fully dry when I take them out of the dehydrator and place into storage jars w/ silica gel packs. Not sure if that's ultimately a good or bad idea, but the worst outcome seemed like opening the jar in a couple of weeks to find only mold and sadness.

Legarto Rey: Thanks as always for the advice. Instead of tea I'll just eat them whole with some peanut butter, as you suggest. I'm also thinking of experimenting with lemon tek but not the first time or two. Have you tried that? Would you recommend it? I'll absolutely look into harmala, starting with the wiki here, but don't know much about it at the moment.

Asher7
#8 Posted : 6/15/2017 8:14:48 AM

Professional Tracker

Lemon tek is a trip. I forget the dosage but probably in the 3.5-5 gram range since that's my tester dose weight and it kicked into high gear pretty quickly. I forget what name they went by but they were cubes. The weirdest thing was that when I was in pretty deep it was like a snap of the fingers and I was back. Like waking up from a dream. I figured the sun would be up soon like usual timing but it had only been something like 2-3 hours. It was without a doubt not a placebo difference.

Another thing you can try is eating them fresh off the cake and still "alive". That's probably my favorite way to eat them. Next time you get a "clean grow" slice a few off and chow down. You'll notice a difference.

Sakkadelic
#9 Posted : 6/15/2017 10:13:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

very nice, they look very beautiful
sapphire wrote:
I separated the caps from the stems, and also tore some of the stems in half, just so I could feel confident they're fully dry when I take them out of the dehydrator and place into storage jars w/ silica gel packs. Not sure if that's ultimately a good or bad idea, but the worst outcome seemed like opening the jar in a couple of weeks to find only mold and sadness.

do not worry about that, leave them in the dehydrator on the highest setting for 24 hours, they should come out cracker dry, make sure the jar you use to store them is airtight, and if they ever rehydrate again in any way just put them back in the dehydrator for few hours
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 6/15/2017 8:45:59 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

A word of warning! Dried cubes anything less than cracker dry can lose potency alarmingly quickly, IME.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

sapphire
#11 Posted : 6/23/2017 4:07:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Second flush of Golden Teachers. A couple of them were absolutely enormous and they grew incredibly fast. I was going to pick and spore print this evening but when I got to them in the early evening they had grown about 4cm since morning and dumped their spores.

They're now dehydrating at 35c and I'll keep them drying there for 24 hours before transferring to a light-proof jar with some silica packets.

This flush had fewer but larger mushrooms.

sapphire attached the following image(s):
IMG_1021.jpg (2,247kb) downloaded 123 time(s).
IMG_1022.jpg (2,286kb) downloaded 122 time(s).

Mister_Niles
#12 Posted : 6/28/2017 8:50:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Satisfying, isn't it? I see people complain about how much work it is, when it's not much work at all. I enjoy it so much. I love having something to tend to. Haven't tried a bulk grow yet because of this. It seems to hands off. I like misting and fanning... and talking to them Smile

Try the PF tek next. Or whatever appeals to you. Kits seem ridiculously expensive for what people get out of them.

A word of warning. Once you get into cultivating, you may become a mycophile and become obsessed with all things fungal. then you'll be growing lion's mane and telling your friends about the phallus de chien you saw, and they won't care Smile

I recommend the lemon tek also, but I would start lower than 3.5 grams. 2.5-3 but probably no lower. I find too low of a dose to be very uncomfortable. Asher7 says lemon tek at 3.5-5 grams is a tester dose. I accidentally did a 50g fresh lemon tek once. I put the wrong pile in the blender. It was as if someone had dumped a box of amped up elves int my brain, which had been turned into a hyperspeed pinball machine.... which was havin an epileptic fit, in outer space, while on fire and falling down an infinitely long flight of stairs. No come up at all. Zero to OMG! in 10 minutes. Having all of that hit you at once can be alarming, although I also feel that the come up of just eating them is the most anxiety inducing part for me. That's why I lemon tek every time. Please don't lemon tek 5g your first time.

On drying I use a hybrid technique. Dehydrator until they are nearly cracker dry, followed by 24-48 hours in a desiccation chamber ( I use damprid in a tupperware container with a screen suspended above the desiccant. Then I store them in airtight jars with a small, well sealed tyvek sachet full of damprid. If I am planning on long term storage I take the further step of filling the jars with CO2 from a completed vinegar and baking soda reaction or dry ice. Probably overkill, but if I open a jar after 2 or three years, I want the contents to be effective.

Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay