We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Oral bufotenin? Options

dragonrider
#1 Posted : 5/29/2017 2:31:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Could it be, that bufotenine is being metabolised into 5-MeO-DMT, when taken orally? There are people who claim that taking bufotenin with baking soda and lemon oil, will prevent it from forming into bufotenin salt, when entering the bloodstream via the stomach. They also claim that the effects are more psychedelic this way?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Aum_Shanti
#2 Posted : 5/29/2017 2:57:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Could it be, that bufotenine is being metabolised into 5-MeO-DMT, when taken orally?

Actually it's the other way around. 5-MeO-DMT gets partly metabolized to Bufotenine (5-HO-DMT).

Quote:
There are people who claim that taking bufotenin with baking soda and lemon oil, will prevent it from forming into bufotenin salt, when entering the bloodstream via the stomach.

??? I personally don't think this will work ??? But probably soon, the guys with some knowledge in chemistry will chime in...
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

syberdelic
#3 Posted : 5/30/2017 6:34:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unless you ingest a ridiculous amount of baking soda, the HCl in your stomach will quickly turn it into salt form.

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 5/30/2017 11:42:22 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

^ wut he sed

Baking soda will freebase the material, but you'd need to bypass the gut and allow the material to absorb sublingually or nasally or what have you to keep it from changing to a salt.

The reason for using lemon oil would be that it plugs up the 5ht3 receptors and helps prevent much of the nausea. Afaik, it won't have any effect on the material forming a salt in your stomach acid.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

blue.magic
#5 Posted : 6/11/2017 2:20:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I once took 4 grams of yopo mixed with calcium carbonate (according to this Tek) orally and felt some effect, slightly euphoric, meditative, with mild body load. Definitely beyond placebo.

On the other hand, I think it does not worth spoiling so many seeds for so little effect.

Bufotenin metabolizes mostly to 5-HIAA (like serotonin), some small percentage leaves the body unchanged via urine (source: Wiki).

Mindlusion
#6 Posted : 6/11/2017 4:16:14 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

once i was taking bufo sublingually as a cebil seed extract. This was interesting, worked somewhat.

But I accidentally swallowed some of the saliva in my mouth, within 20 seconds i was projectile vomiting..

I thought this strange because ayahuasca or mushrooms rarely gave me nausea, bufo is quite strange... I figured it must bind strongly to parasympathetic serotonin receptors in the gut

oral bufo = projectile vomit
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Godsmacker
#7 Posted : 6/12/2017 12:48:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone tried taking ondansetron (a peripheral 5-HT3 antagonist which IME mitigates the emetic effects of serotonergic psychedelics) and/or whole Zingiber officinale Rhizome prior to ingesting sublingual/buccal bufo (preferably chewed alongside 500-1500mg CaCO3 in order to increase absorption of actives into the bloodstream) to try to mitigate the nausea induced by bufotenin? I've found Ondansetron to almost completely eliminate the nausea incurred by ingestion of changa, LSD and Mescaline, and plan to try chewing ginger rhizome before and after oral psychedelic administration in future trips to see how it compares with ondansetron as an antiemetic for psychedelics.

I would like to know if anyone has tried taking ginger rhizome and/or ondansetron prior (~15-30 minutes) to taking bufotenin. If so, I'd like to know how it affected the experience in general, as well if either agent had any effect at mitigating the nausea which bufo tends to curse its users with. I'd also like to know if these antiemetics worked for other ROAs of bufo, as well.

My hypothesis regarding psychedelic-induced nausea is that it may be due to stimulation of 5-HT3 receptors in the PNS. I would like to know if administration of a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist prior to bufo ingestion may mitigate bufo-induced nausea; I would also like to know if prior administration of such a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist changed the psychoactive effect of the trip in general compared to no anti-emetic administration prior to taking bufo, as well as to how this family of antiemetics compares with others with regards to mitigating nausea and if they change the nature of the trip (and if so, how?) I appreciate everyone's input, as I am curious to know if taking ondansetron and/or ginger rhizome prior to bufo administration may reduce its emetic properties, as well as if it changes the psychoactive effects (other than nausea) induced by bufo.

GodSpeed,
-God
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

syberdelic
#8 Posted : 6/12/2017 7:48:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would also be interested in knowing if anyone else has tried this.
I'm fairly certain that the nausea and purge from ayahuasca is also due to DMT acting as a 5-HT3 agonist.

dragonrider
#9 Posted : 6/13/2017 3:03:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've eaten some fresh as well as dried ginger roots a couple of times, prior to taking ayahuasca. It does indeed reduce nausea, but i must say that nausea isn't realy an issue for me anyway. Ayahuasca doesn't make me puke, normally, unless i where to take an awfull lot of caapi.

The ginger seemed to very slightly diminish the effects of DMT, but not a lot. Just a little less visual activity than normal.

syberdelic
#10 Posted : 6/14/2017 2:34:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From what I've been able to gather, ginger is a very mild anti-emetic and is more effective as a treatment for motion sickness/vertigo which in the case of ayahuasca is caused by the harmalas. I have found through experience that meclizine is very effective at countering the harmala induced vertigo.

Lemon oil seems to target the 5-HT3 receptors more directly and theoretically would be more effective at reducing/eliminating the nausea/purge involved with ayahuasca and yopo.

Ondansetron, being a strong 5-HT3 antagonist would likely negate any nausea or purge in the right dose. This stuff helps chemotherapy patients keep their food down.