We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What is in MDMA? Options

deepthinker
#1 Posted : 5/27/2017 1:27:10 AM

meet me at the love parade

I am autistic and all of the info I have read for the whole of the last week (gotta love that autistic / asperges ability of being able to obsess about selective things!) seems to point that MDMA will be a better lesson for me than psychedelics will. I might be going down the 4-aco-dmt route anyway due to ease of consumption and trip length, but really I think MDMA would be better for me.

Anyway I don't want to break the rules but... MDMA maximum purity level is 84% so I am told.

What is in the other 16%?

16% seems like a very high number of contaminent to me. Does somewhere like MAPS who do trials with MDMA use 84%?

I have searched and I have baseline knowledge but it is not up to date. I would like to know what contaminants I would be consuming in 2017 not 2006... Does that make sense?

Also if anyone on here has experience with MDMA therapy (therapists in the US are known to offer this if required but it is hush hush, referral based on the down-lo as it is illegal, MAPS are hoping to change this by 2021) either as a patient or a therapist please can you give me some general hints of how to self-theraputize (is that a word?) myself. I don't have a sitter (no friends due to social anxiety). Ie, when under the influence, what should I ask myself, how should I ask? Is it as simple as insight meditation whilst on MDMA?

I want to experience it for therueputic value.

Thank you.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DMTea Nexian
#2 Posted : 5/27/2017 1:53:40 AM

my mind is the universe and I'm the traveler, on a long journey...

Rules are there for a reason man
"Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong."
-Terrence Mckenna

AcidShard
#3 Posted : 5/27/2017 2:04:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
I don't know too much about all this, but I live in an area where there are a lot of "hippies" and open-minded people, and there is a psychiatrist nearby who is into psychedelic sessions for therapy, etc. and the point of the MDMA therapy sessions is to deal with post traumatic stress in a way that if you were abused by someone or something, you talk about it on MDMA and it is easier to talk about, you can feel empathy for your assailant by recognizing that they are just a messed up person that did wrong things, or that the situation you were in was just unlucky, or however it gets rationalized, and then you get some closure and stop dwelling on it so much, or just see it from a new perspective. This is just what I was told by this "psychedelic-iatrist" - of course there's a bit more to it, and I'm sure there are a lot of details I'm forgetting, but that is what I took away from it.

I don't really have friends either, and I still heard that this Dr was doing these kinds of therapies. So hopefully you will be able to find someone nearby you who can give you more information and assist you in these sessions.

As for the impurities, I'm not sure, hopefully someone with more chemistry knowledge will chime in on that.
I don't think it necessarily means it's "cut" with anything, just undesired chemicals that are formed from reactions not being performed 100% correctly. Nothing is ever completely pure anyway.

Hopefully that helps at least a little bit.
Good luck! I wish you the best. Big grin

Praxis.
#4 Posted : 5/27/2017 2:10:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MDMA is consumed as a salt as MDMA HCL. By mass the salt is ~84% MDMA and the remaining 16% is hydrochloride.

MDMA as freebase is an oil that's difficult to work with, so it's almost always produced as a salt. The '84% bit' is confusing and somewhat misleading; but assuming you have unadulterated MDMA, for all intents and purposes it is '100% pure MDMA HCL' and perfectly safe to consume in reasonable dosages. This applies to most substances that come in salt form and I'm not really sure why this misnomer is so widespread with MDMA.

I'm not comfortable posting references because the majority of them violate the rules here about sourcing, but there are some solid threads on reddit about this that are recent. Erowid and tripsit.me also have some good info surrounding the topic. If you do a google search for "MDMA 84%" you'll find plenty of good reference material.

Always use test kits, particularly with MDMA. Colorimetric test kits are relatively cheap these days - check out this thread if you're not familiar with using them. Be sure to use multiple reagents to test not just for the presence of MDMA, but also for other substances commonly used as adulterants.

As for your second question, I think you'll get a wide range of answers. Different things work for different people. I personally don't think MDMA requires a sitter in the same way as traditional psychedelics for your first time (of course it's never a bad idea). In general: don't start with a big dose, stay hydrated, and do some research into supplements to take before/after that can help prevent hangover effects.

As for the experience itself, I tend to get the most out of MDMA when I take it with other people - but even a solo experience can be extremely beneficial. Just get cozy and put on your favorite music, keep an open mind and see where it takes you. The things that need attention will come up on their own. I know this is vague but I hope it's helpful Smile
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

deepthinker
#5 Posted : 5/27/2017 3:10:22 AM

DMTea Nexian wrote:
Rules are there for a reason man

NO TALK ABOUT SOURCING ALLOWED!

deepthinker
#6 Posted : 5/27/2017 3:16:23 AM

Thank you to the other two posters!

I plan to send it to a lab. I read that the home tests are not accurate or may even be wrong completely. It is expensive for lab testing but the hard part is how do you send an illegal drug to a lab without incriminating yourself!?

I have done 3 years of CBT therapy and I never got anywhere, even when I built trust with the therapist... subsconsciously there are "barriers and walls upon barriers" so she said... and she never got past them in 150 sessions!

More importantly my inner voice, the one that told me not to go to the store and buy coffee earlier (had a caffeine OD earlier, so obviously need to listen more) is telling me to do this, that it is right for me. I have to be careful though as part of the suffering is realising that when I don't binge eat I get very bored so this could be an outlet for that. Human psychology is so hard!

DMTea Nexian
#7 Posted : 5/27/2017 4:31:10 AM

MDMA is not bad as a once every now and then sorta thing, but I mean like once a month at a party with the right vibes. It is synthetic and harmful and I do not at all encourage the use of it. I'm not dictating what you are doing or anything, it is just my opinion. Btw I apologise for sending the wrong idea here, I am new here and am still getting used to the "attitude".Just use it in the right environment ,as it is a party(I call it hype )drug so you should listen to some EDM. Again I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
"Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong."
-Terrence Mckenna

DMTea Nexian
#8 Posted : 5/27/2017 4:34:27 AM

MDMA is not bad as a once every now and then sorta thing, but I mean like once a month at a party with the right vibes. It is synthetic and harmful and I do not at all encourage the use of it. I'm not dictating what you should be doing or anything, it is just my opinion. Btw I apologise for sending the wrong ifea, I am new here and am still getting used to the "attitude".Just use it in the right environment ,as it is a party(I call it hype )drug so you should listen to some EDM. Again I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Trip responsibly!
-Terrence Mckenna

DMTea Nexian
#9 Posted : 5/27/2017 4:38:21 AM

https://www.drugabuse.go...se/what-are-effects-mdma
-Terrence Mckenna

endlessness
#10 Posted : 5/27/2017 1:59:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello!

As Praxis said, the 84% number is sort of misleading, MDMA can be 100% pure, but being in salt form, part of that weight is the HCl salt ion. But for all purposes you can ignore that.. For example, when you read that a dosage = 100mg, you don't have to make a calculation considering it's 84% therefore you actually need to consume 119mg, no! You only need to consume 100mg, since 100mg is a dose of MDMA HCl, already considering part of the weight is HCl.

That being said, apart from the HCl ion, not all MDMA available is totally pure. The main adulterants found in street MDMA are:
-Cathinones and other NPS (substances with varying safety profile, some are safe, some are less safe, some are similar to MDMA in effects, some are more stimulating like meth or speed)
-caffeine (will increase heart rate)
-phenacetin (carcinogenic and toxic to kidney with long term use)
-paracetamol (not really a concern in these dosages but toxic to liver with long term use)

In Spain, about 10% of MDMA samples are totally some other substance, another around 10% are MDMA+adulterant, and 80% are unadulterated MDMA. Pills are generally less pure than MDMA powder. (source, Energy Control statistics 2015). Other countries may have different statistics but this can give you an idea at least.

As for testing your sample, you can send to Energy Control to get it tested at a professional lab and get your results for 70e . Legally, the problem of sending scheduled drugs over post is mostly on the receiver end, since during transit it may be checked by the police, but Energy Control has authorization from the government so it isn't a problem for them. On the user end, just send it with a fake return address, and as soon as it's out of your hands, you're safe. Nowhere in a post office they will open the package and see what is inside while you are still there sending the package, that is done after.. So your 'danger' will be only transporting from your house to the post office. (This is slightly pushing the rules here but very relevant to the question and I think for overall safety of people and in favor of harm reduction it's something I need to mention)

If you don't want to spend all that money for doing a single test, you can buy a TLC kit (Seller 1, and they will also be selling starting this summer) TLC kits are great because they can separate the different components of a sample so they will tell you if your sample is mixed, adulterated, and this eliminates a lot of false positives that you might have with simple reagent tests. If you get a TLC kit, I suggest getting just the Kit with no reagents, and buying the reagents separately. As for what reagents you should buy to go together with your TLC kit, check the flow charts here. So for example in the case of MDMA, Marquis Mecke and Simons is the minimum 3 reagents you should use. If you are planning on testing different drugs, I suggest getting all the reagents you can, the more the better.

Lastly regarding testing, if you want the simplest and cheaper option to test for a home user, then you should get a set of reagents and test your sample with all of them. Depending on what you test. You can get those set of reagents here. They already come with a set of reagents that are ideal for each substance, it's very cheap and this will eliminate a lot of false positives which can happen if you just test with one reagent. It's not as good as testing with TLC+set of reagents, but it's simpler, much cheaper and much better than not testing at all or testing with just one reagent.

As for how to do a therapeutic use, it depends what do you want the therapy for. Of course it would be better to have someone to talk to during the experience, also because MDMA is a very social drug in general, but if there is absolutely no way you can find someone, you could at the very least try to write down all your emotions during the experience and try to express what you feel. You could also join our chat and have some interaction with the users who are online, and you may get some of the love that is good to have when you are taking MDMA.

Good luck!

Infectedstyle
#11 Posted : 5/27/2017 4:44:07 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

I think there is a huge difference in purity of mdma used in therapeutic sessions. Those are probably 99.999%. Nick sands had a real thing for purity (as he's popular around this forum I checked out some of his statements). He said he thought purity of lsd would give the most holy experience. So he dedicated his life to the purifying process of lsd and produced some of the most magnificent lsd in the world probably. He probably had a good reason to believe purity of product (purity of intent) made a difference. We can assume that the same purity applies to mdma. Street mdma is hastily made and very often left unpurified because of the loss of gross product that comes with the purifying process. I read someone on this forum had pure crystal used in therapy. He had mentioned it was transparant glassy crystals. As opposed to cola/yellow mdma that one commonly finds.

As for therapy, mdma when taken alone can surface difficult feelings/emotions. It is especially frequent when you take a longer moment of introspection. You suddenly feel a fear like something is up/wrong. That I feel is the therapeutic value of mdma coming up. Some basic emotion will surface but you will quickly shift back to happy and content non-theless. I haven't tried myself but i wonder what happens if you let yourself focus completely on this emotion.

dragonrider
#12 Posted : 5/27/2017 6:39:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:
I think there is a huge difference in purity of mdma used in therapeutic sessions. Those are probably 99.999%. Nick sands had a real thing for purity (as he's popular around this forum I checked out some of his statements). He said he thought purity of lsd would give the most holy experience. So he dedicated his life to the purifying process of lsd and produced some of the most magnificent lsd in the world probably. He probably had a good reason to believe purity of product (purity of intent) made a difference. We can assume that the same purity applies to mdma. Street mdma is hastily made and very often left unpurified because of the loss of gross product that comes with the purifying process. I read someone on this forum had pure crystal used in therapy. He had mentioned it was transparant glassy crystals. As opposed to cola/yellow mdma that one commonly finds.

As for therapy, mdma when taken alone can surface difficult feelings/emotions. It is especially frequent when you take a longer moment of introspection. You suddenly feel a fear like something is up/wrong. That I feel is the therapeutic value of mdma coming up. Some basic emotion will surface but you will quickly shift back to happy and content non-theless. I haven't tried myself but i wonder what happens if you let yourself focus completely on this emotion.

Í don't know if the colour of MDMA Crystals is a good indication of the products purity. Very small impurities of below 1% could already affect a substance's colour. And also..i believe that pure, free-base MDMA is actually supposed to be a brown oily substance, so i don't think that white chrystals are by definition a sign of high quality.

Aum_Shanti
#13 Posted : 5/27/2017 8:42:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
free-base MDMA is actually supposed to be a brown oily substance, so i don't think that white chrystals are by definition a sign of high quality.

I think usually one talks about the HCL. So if it isn't clear white, then there's surely some impurities (although hard to tell what).

Usually as has been said above it's just leftovers from the synthesis. They usually don't clean it, as it needs more time and you get less material...(although the total amount of MDMA stays the same).
But for pill pressing you anyways have to add stuff (binders), so they probably think: who cares? why wasting time in 100% purifying?

But if you're concerned you can easily do at least an acetone wash yourself.

I live in a place where there is nearby free drug testing. And IMHO it is very interesting how this has influenced the availability of the drugs.

By this, over the years the quota of good completely unaltered MDMA has gone very high. And since a few years pill pressers are going higher and higher in amount per pill. Nowadays it's not too seldom to have 200mg+ in a pill.
It's seems like the manufacturers are using the free testing as an advertising platform, for every pill that has "too much" MDMA will be publicly announced with a pic and detailed description of its ingredients as a "pill warning".

I'm not quite sure if the purity has a big effect on the outcome. For me it was always the same.
But my first MDMA experience was in an almost therapeutic condition and I really got aware of how good this substance works for this. You can analyze you deepest fears without any anxiety.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Infectedstyle
#14 Posted : 5/27/2017 9:05:06 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

dragonrider wrote:

Í don't know if the colour of MDMA Crystals is a good indication of the products purity. Very small impurities of below 1% could already affect a substance's colour. And also..i believe that pure, free-base MDMA is actually supposed to be a brown oily substance, so i don't think that white chrystals are by definition a sign of high quality.

I really think it can be a good indicator when it comes to MDMA. Afaik the brown color is an inactive impurity. A small amount of it will effect the color a little bit and more will make it darker. The yellow is supposedly coming from another impurity based on what materials is used. Most people prefer the brown mdma. Another thing is the taste. You definitely notice the taste of impurities, it will stay in the mouth longer. My guess is pure, unaldurated mdma is absorbed completely. A small amount of impurities will affect the color but no impurity in reverse makes for cleaner colors. There could be close analogs such as MDA/MMDA in there who share the same transparant color. There's almost no way of knowing how much unless you are a great chemist. But 80% is likely to be at the least MDMA. For most crystals and pills that are tested are for the most part MDMA. Smile