We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : As cultural acceptance increases, individual acceptance increases.
Choice Votes Statistics
No. Spirits don't exist. 3 42 %
No but [comment] 0 0 %
No. Both spirits and cannabis do not exist because this is a simulation. 0 0 %
No. Both spirits and cannabis exist. 0 0 %
Yes. Cannabis is a diplomat of all Angiospermae. 2 28 %
Yes. Cannabis is a benevolent master. 0 0 %
Yes. Cannabis is malicious master. 1 14 %
Yes but [comment] 0 0 %
[comment] 1 14 %

Is the spirit of cannabis making a bid for human consciousness? Options

Koornut
#1 Posted : 5/26/2017 8:26:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What do you think?
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Swayambhu
#2 Posted : 5/26/2017 1:40:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I voted that cannabis is a malicious master.
Malicious is not the first word I would have chosen, and like all things there correct use and incorrect use, and similarly suitability of usage will differ between individuals.
I do however notice a fairly clear pattern of effect on many habitual users-

-Making connections that are not sensible.
-Seeing things, particularly political or moral issues, in black and white.
-Inability to recognize the above two manifestations as being a product of cannabis use.

Other effects which may be the product of cannabis + youth-

-Sloth
-Suggestability
-Use of cannabis symbols

I don't believe that cannabis' "spirit" has an agenda, or at least not an agenda as we would know one, but it does have an assertive presence, and perhaps that is why some people, as they grow up and come to know themselves, begin to find cannabis disagreeable.

Certain other people, because they either have particularly uncluttered or purified minds, or they have particulalry strong agendas of their own, can habitually use cannabis without become subject to its personality.

syberdelic
#3 Posted : 5/26/2017 5:14:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just like all drugs/medicines, Cannabis/THC is a valuable tool that can help or hinder us.

The idea of viewing plants as teachers or spirits, although possibly true, has no useful point that makes their use any better than simply understanding their chemical components and how those chemicals interact with our bodies.

JAi
#4 Posted : 5/26/2017 7:42:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think of my thoughts as separate entities personally, and the ideas we have are vast. Some ways we hold our bodies, mannerisms we may adopt, and affinities we have for certain vast areas of conceptualization are greater under the effects of cannibus for example that may not otherwise be experienced or embodied, and the language we use to describe this is a mirror of the attachment we have to words/beliefs/thoghutforms/spirits- whatever we call ems and how we see ems. Just that through the history of animism, like attracts like, and there is in my experience an observable flow of energy between similar forms/whatever you want to call 'spirits' or thought form affinities in general.

Now with 'herb dangerous', the ganja goddess, we want similar things, to be prolific and live a good life, these may be the main reasons humans and ganja have such a long history of symbiotic benefits for each other, I cannot say I believe it's like a positive or negative entity asserting it's will on us any more than we are to ganja, then I wouldn't create a limiting belief either way since then I would be opposed and closed off to an alternative perspective- and that wouldn't benefit either of us.