We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Advice on precise measurements of 5-MeO-DMT dosages using weighed milligram scoops Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 5/23/2017 11:03:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi y'all,

I used a high precision scale I have access to in the research labs where I work (a METTLER AE 50 analytical balance) which is sensitive to 0.0001g to weigh out doses from two different sized milligram measuring scoops (3mg and 10-12mg sizes of TCC and VantageCC brands, respectively; linked below), of both 5-MeO-DMT hcl and 5-MeO-DMT freebase powder. These scoops are cheap and easily obtained, and I thought this may be useful for the 5-MeO community who may not have access to highly sensitive (and highly expensive) scales for weighing, in the interests of accurate dosing and minimising potential risk or uncertainty.

12 level scoops (without any tamping down) were weighed of each. It would be wise to ensure the material is finely powdered to ensure even and consistent weighing.

3mg micro measuring scoop:

UK:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...eName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

USA:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/...674e8:gVery happyIgAAOSwcdBWTu1a

10-12mg micro measuring scoop:

UK:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...%3D6%26sd%3D121537730373

USA:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/...%3D6%26sd%3D291457949887

5-MeO-DMT hcl - 10-12mg scoop:

6.5mg, 6.5mg, 7.2mg, 6.4mg, 6.5mg, 7.0mg, 7.0mg, 7.0mg, 7.0mg, 6.8mg, 7.2mg, 6.9mg.

Mean: 6.8mg. Median: 7.0mg. Mode: 7.0mg. Range: 0.8mg.

5-MeO-DMT hcl - 3mg scoop:

1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.5mg, 1.8mg, 1.4mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.6mg, 1.3mg, 1.4mg, 1.5mg, 1.7mg.

Mean: 1.5mg. Median: 1.5mg. Mode: 1.5mg. Range: 0.5mg.

5-MeO-DMT freebase - 3mg scoop:

1.8mg, 1.6mg, 1.8mg, 1.9mg, 1.9mg, 1.5mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.5mg, 1.6mg, 1.7mg, 1.4mg.

Mean: 1.6mg. Median: 1.6mg. Mode: 1.5mg. Range: 0.5mg.

It can be seen that with both milligram measuring scoops, there is not a great deal of variation in weights when measuring level scoops of 5-MeO-DMT. The 10-12mg scoop has an average weight of 6.8mg of 5-MeO-DMT hcl per level scoop, with a total range of 0.8mg. The 3mg scoop is more accurate still, and has an average weight of 1.5mg of 5-MeO-DMT hcl and 1.6mg 5-MeO-DMT freebase per level scoop, with a total range of 0.5mg for both. Slightly more variation can be observed for the larger measuring scoop (and for 5-MeO at least, the 3mg and 10-12mg scoop size approximations certainly do not apply), however the larger scoop still provides fairly accurate weighing of doses. There was insufficient 5-MeO-DMT freebase to measure doses with the larger measuring scoop.

In conclusion, these milligram measuring scoops, particularly the smaller 3mg scoop have been found to measure out 5-MeO-DMT dosages with a reasonably high degree of accuracy and precision (even when considering 5-MeO-DMT's profound potency), and so may be a useful bit of kit for 5-MeO-DMT users for the purpose of safe and reliable dosing.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Aum_Shanti
#2 Posted : 5/23/2017 11:43:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Funny I have a AG 285 and the same scoops.

Surely helpful for many.
But from my bag of 5-MeO-DMT I recognized the following. There is really fine powder in there but also bigger crystal chunks. If I get some bigger crystal chunks the weight is considerably bigger for the scoop.

So IMHO the weight variation also depends strongly on the kind of material you have.

I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

DoingKermit
#3 Posted : 5/24/2017 10:32:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Funny I have a AG 285 and the same scoops.

Surely helpful for many.
But from my bag of 5-MeO-DMT I recognized the following. There is really fine powder in there but also bigger crystal chunks. If I get some bigger crystal chunks the weight is considerably bigger for the scoop.

So IMHO the weight variation also depends strongly on the kind of material you have.

I have yet to work with 5meo, but couldn't you crush the chunks into powder to make measuring it more consistent?

Aum_Shanti
#4 Posted : 5/24/2017 10:41:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Actually, one could do that. But as I have a high precision scale I personally don't have any problems with it.
But the main reason why I don't do it, is because if it's fine powder, always a bit gets lost in the handling as it sticks here and there. This isn't a problem with the bigger crystals.
IMHO they are much easier to handle (except for spoon dosing).
Also I'm afraid by making all to fine powder I increase the surface and so get a faster oxidation of the product.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 5/24/2017 2:31:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You raise a good point about the larger chunks, maybe they could be powdered immediately prior to weighing out the doses? That way one side steps potential oxidation concerns, and should make for more even dosages when weighing. When I was weighing out the 5-MeO doses, I found the 5-MeO freebase to be waxier and stickier than the 5-MeO hcl. A pair of fine tweezers helped when handling it and weighing out the doses, when emptying the contents of the milligram measuring scoops.

I still think these measuring scoops will be helpful to any 5-MeOnauts who don't have access to a very high precision scale. The fact that for the 3mg scoops in particular there was a total range weight variation of just 0.5mg for all doses measured of both the 5-MeO hcl and 5-MeO freebase shows that one can be reasonably precise when weighing out doses, even given 5-MeO's considerable potency, where each milligram makes a difference. So hopefully this information will be helpful to 5-MeOnauts, the particular scale I used and have access to in the research labs where I work could set you back $900+, so this is going to be out of reach for most people, but a high precision scale of some kind would definitely be advised.