We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Breakthrough Fixation Options

TGO
#1 Posted : 5/21/2017 4:20:18 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I tend to agree with you on several points and I think this is a good subject to bring up. There is a lot of focus on the breakthrough here at the Nexus, but I think part of that stems from people coming here seeking how to accomplish that sort of experience. Naturally, there is information available to those who want it and at times it can come across as being glorified.

To be fair, the Nexus also advocates that people start low and build their way up with any psychedelic. Emphasis on harm reduction is the number one priority here, or at least it is supposed to be. This is part of the reason why The Traveler requested that we discontinue the use of just "Smoalk Moar" since it goes against the harm reduction views.

As for the breakthrough being the ultimate goal, I agree that there is much more to be had with anything from microdosing to the breakthrough itself. All parts of the experience are important but not all people are suited to experience all the parts. The Why you should NOT take DMT thread does a great job of touching on that. It is specifically about DMT but I think it applies to all psychedelics.

I personally find a moderate to strong dose of mushrooms to be my favorite for introspection. I've never broken through, so to speak, on mushrooms but have had some fairly heavy experiences. While I know that the option is there, I don't feel the need to push it any further than that. That mentality developed over time as I grew and built a solid foundation and relationship with the mushrooms.

Most importantly, it isn't a race to the finish line or a pissing contest. Twisted Evil It is possible that some people get so fixated on the idea of achieving a breakthrough, that the path there is often forgotten and/or taken for granted. Like you said, straight from A to Z with no in between. You can't spell many words without any other letters, except for the abbreviated version of Arizona, and that doesn't help much.

Laughing
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.