We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I've never had what people describe as a "bad trip" Options

ghrue84
#1 Posted : 5/20/2017 7:30:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can the people of this forum describe to me what a badtrip feels like?
I don't think that I've ever felt or believed that I was going to die during a trip.
I have had experiences with panic attacks with cannabis and sober and those are scary. You feel like you're going to die and like it's hard to breathe, and you just continuosly think that you're going to die and that it's inevitable, and you keep thinking that, it's the only thought. Those are terrible. I've never had a terrible feeling like that during a trip.

Different people who've had conversations with me tell me that they felt or thought that they died during a trip. What I've had happen to me during a trip is that I just "go somewhere else", but I don't think I felt bad about that, in fact I was very much enjoying it and laughing like a child. Thinking that mother earth was pushing waves of love into my body. I was also naked, alone, laying facedown on the floor, in complete silence and darkness. On a heavy dose of mushroom tea.

I also feel this thing on dmt where I feel my body is like "floating in space", but it also does not feel like death, just feels different.

Anybody get experiences like this?
Can people here describe me how it's like to have a bad trip?

I also would recommend people to trust whatever substance you're going to ingest, and think of whatever entity that you see during a trip as a friend, not a foe, and no matter how "dark" you may think this presence or entity to be, they have something to teach you, and you may have something to teach them. If you have any other tips or things that would help people avoid these bad trips please share them here. We could perhaps make this post an educative one for people who've had bad trips and for people who want to avoid them.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Naut
#2 Posted : 5/21/2017 2:01:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had a terrifying trip on only two grahams of cubies! The downward spiral began when I was suddenly completely un-okay with this vivid experience of multiple visual vortexes behind my eyelids. (Antecedent trips in life were relatively playful (save one) due to my level of existential cognizance being that of an unaware sim character.) It just finally seemed like psychedelia jarred me out of my temporal slumber and I became lucid to the intensity of perceived reality. Manifold degrees of self-identifying crisis ensued and it was a prime example of having one's cultural house of cards leveled to dust. I just couldn't handle the extremely radical perspective shifts that I haven't experienced yet as a human. So it was angst of being alive. Twas' very harrowing and I've pedaled around fungi cautiously ever since (p.s. I forgot how to ride a bicycle during this trip bahaha)..
my loopy guess is that t. mckenna is off hopping about hyperspace wielding a butterfly net analog, all the while collecting the most peculiar.

RUAware
#3 Posted : 5/21/2017 4:03:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had a few LSD trips that had some tough moments, but never had an entire trip be bad.

One time I had a panic attack on a relatively high dose. Panic attacks are terrible enough when your sober. But when your on acid, its on another level. You don't even know whats going on or why you feel that way. When you have a panic attack you're supposed to empty your mind and breath, maybe focus on something calming. But on LSD thats not possible because you're too busy freaking the fuck out. It's really hard to try to relax when your mind is going 1000 miles an hour!

It felt like i lost control of my mind, not a good feeling.

Northerner
#4 Posted : 5/22/2017 8:32:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had one LSD trip where I was sure I was going to swallow my tongue. I guess you could call that bad.

After going to hospital and having a doctor tell me I'm just fine and having a bad trip I felt just awesome. Went home and jammed some tunes, loved the rest of it.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

syberdelic
#5 Posted : 5/22/2017 9:40:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have tripped so many times that I wouldn't even try to guess how many. I haven't had a single one that was entirely without some negative element. There are only two that were almost entirely negative.

The first one was pretty much unavoidable. A long long time ago, far far away I grew my own shrooms and was uneducated on how fungi absorb the toxins out of their environment. To make a long story short, I ate somewhere around 3.5g accompanied by moderately severe food poisoning. I spent about three hours becoming intimate with the rim of a toilet while tripping balls. It got bad enough that I spent a considerable amount of time contemplating suicide.

The second time was on an Ayahuasca retreat. I started tripping about 15 minutes after drinking the vile concoction. I thoroughly enjoyed the first 15 minutes and then the purge came almost concurrently with the icaros (singing that to me sounded like a dying animal). I didn't hold it back. But then I continued to heave until nothing more would come out. I put the bucket down and tried to focus on the trip, but couldn't shake the nausea that was soon followed by vertigo, intense fever and gut pain. The trip was still building and the physical discomfort took me to a very dark place. I literally thought I was dying. The building that we were all tripping in was filled with the sounds of vomiting, dry heaving, moaning, and the dying animal otherwise known as a shaman. I was in a place of extreme suffering, a hell if you will. At a few points that night, I thought that I might be experiencing permanent brain damage. This lasted for a few hours before I began to recover/sober up.

Other than that, when I experience "bad trips", it's usually brief periods during the trip where I feel a sinking feeling in my stomach or my thoughts begin to wander into bad places of self doubt, self hatred, depression, or just dark feelings. It's not usually a big deal, but it's always right around the corner. It's normally fairly easy to pull myself out of it. I have never felt any fear or negativity from hallucinations or felt presences. The worst hallucination I ever had was a couple gremlins hanging off the roof pointing at me and laughing. I felt like I was supposed to fear them, but I just laughed right along with them.

So on another note, there is another member on the Nexus (RabidLabMouse) that has also NEVER had even a negative element of a trip. On her last Ayahuasca session in the jungle, she describes the after effect as survivors guilt. Everyone was requesting that they make it extra strong and they did... Everyone but her was completely freaking out and loosing their shit but she had one more pleasant trip.

ghrue, I would ask you to look at this thread and see if you can find anything in common: https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=74492
She is my partner for life (I hope) and I know that there is something different/special about her. If the two of you have something in common that causes this, it might help in uncovering whatever it is. I can speculate all day, but the knowledge would at the least help the two of you understand yourselves better but possibly save your lives in special circumstances or even uncover the trick to eliminating bad trips.