We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First FASA Attempt - Low Fumerate Yield (.45%) Options

Complexity
#1 Posted : 5/17/2017 7:15:07 PM

Being & Becoming

Hello, as announced in a bad written topic some weeks ago, I've performed a FASA. My yield though hasn't been satisfying, and I would like to see where there's room for improvement.

I prepared a FASA solution and a solution of acetone and citric acid (should have been 5g/100 ml, but this could be debatable... even if honestly it's more likely to have been more than 5g). The FASA was left several days to absorb as much fumaric acid as possible, even stirred for a whole afternoon, and in the end there was still fumaric acid at the bottom.

I powdered 10g of MHRB for about 1-2 minutes in a coffee grinder.

I stirred the plant for 2h in 40ml of the acetone+citric acid solution. x3 total. Filtered and combined. I notice a significant decrease in the volume.

Added something like 120 ml of FASA (which seems to me an overkill). Covered with plastic wrap, put a bigger beaker with the mouth oriented towards the ground to contain the one containing the solution. (Hope the explanation is clear). I did this hoping to protect the solution from moisture (I live in a pretty humid area).

Waited 3 days. Collected 45 mg of DMT fumerate.

Something done wrong? Bad plant material?

I want to try to add more FASA, just in case.

Thanks for the attention!
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 5/18/2017 3:35:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Your method was completely awry, it's amazing that you recovered anything! What information was your method based on?

I'm not convinced you'll pull much from bark with citric/acetone. DMT citrate is only poorly soluble in acetone, IIRC. With the caveat that most citric acid is sold as the monohydrate. Anhydrous citric acid is (or was) available as a descaling agent. So if any of us were wanting to use properly anhydrous solutions of citric acid this sort of thing should be useful to know.

The humidity most assuredly hasn't helped, you'll want to build a makeshift desiccator. Think plastic tub with anhydrous calcium chloride or silica gel. Needs to be big enough for your solvent container, naturally.

I'll wager that most of the goods are still in the bark and anything else is in your damp acetone. Otherwise your bark is bunk.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

TGO
#3 Posted : 5/18/2017 5:10:40 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

The above method may have been taken from here:

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Complexity
#4 Posted : 5/18/2017 6:58:25 PM

Being & Becoming

Yes it was taken from there.

Funny thing is that I discarded the idea to use citric acid time ago, then after a series of weird reasoning I decided to use it again.
At least my citric acid was anhydrous Embarrased

But so, would an extraction into plain acetone work? I mean, in the plant we have dmt-tannate right? Isn't it insoluble in acetone?
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 5/18/2017 7:58:34 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
I mean, in the plant we have dmt-tannate right? Isn't it insoluble in acetone?

I'm not sure we even know. Chances are about evens that it's soluble as that it's insoluble. A vinegar (or better, acetic acid) soak followed by drying then pulling with acetone should eliminate that ambiguity.

FASA might not precipitate terribly well if your acetone is too damp so eliminate that variable first, if you believe the tek to be sound.

On a sideline, I've found an OTC source for both 60% acetic acid and acetone locally so I may try this out just to see. (As you may infer, I have the anhydrous citric already Smile ) Trying the procedure with plain acetone, and maybe also with a vinegar/sodcarb pre-process, would be variations worth investigating.

One final question: you did dry your acetone thoroughly, didn't you?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Complexity
#6 Posted : 5/18/2017 8:37:02 PM

Being & Becoming

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:
I mean, in the plant we have dmt-tannate right? Isn't it insoluble in acetone?

I'm not sure we even know. Chances are about evens that it's soluble as that it's insoluble. A vinegar (or better, acetic acid) soak followed by drying then pulling with acetone should eliminate that ambiguity.

FASA might not precipitate terribly well if your acetone is too damp so eliminate that variable first, if you believe the tek to be sound.

On a sideline, I've found an OTC source for both 60% acetic acid and acetone locally so I may try this out just to see. (As you may infer, I have the anhydrous citric already Smile ) Trying the procedure with plain acetone, and maybe also with a vinegar/sodcarb pre-process, would be variations worth investigating.

One final question: you did dry your acetone thoroughly, didn't you?

Well, first I'll give a try with just acetone (actually I tried already... but at a certain point I discarded everything because I felt sure it couldn't work), then even the vinegar soak sound promising.

My acetone was sold to me saying it has at most 0.5% water.
I also already have acetic acid, probably above 60% (can't recall actually) Razz

I don't live in the USA, here it's quite easy to get a lot of stuff!

Thanks for the answers Smile

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 5/18/2017 9:16:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I don't live (and have never lived) in the USA either, but I recently moved to a different country and finding new supplies has been an adventure. I'm still adjusting to the difficulty of finding pure caustic soda OTC without questions! It's fun to be inventive while learning everything in another language.