We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSD and Stomach Ache Options

jma182
#1 Posted : 5/15/2017 7:25:29 PM

Better than a thousand useless words is one useful word, hearing which one attains peace.

Hi everyone,

So last weekend my best buddy came over to my apt to try his first candy flip, it was a mixed experience to say the least cause he mostly gets stomach issues with both substances on the come up, but this time it lasted for a looot of time over 5 hours on acid and he was still reporting pain, he claims that a few minutes after taking the tab he feels, a burning sensation going down his throat, now these are the same type of tabs i use on the reg and i get none of that at all. Since the pain wasnt going away he proceeded forward and flipped, to see if it helped now the molly did help boost his mood a lot, but he still had pain, based on what he told me he gets some colitis and cramps, and a complete inability to pass gas during the trip, making his colitis active for a day and a half after the trip.

My guess is that LSD is interacting with his stomach and wrecking it up? Does anyone know of a good home remedy for a distressed stomach, thums and pepto are not cutting it.
“Whoever, at any time, has undertaken to build a new heaven has found the strength for it in his own hell.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 5/15/2017 8:48:29 PM

Come what may

Eat more natural foods before a trip like salad, fruits, veggies... etc. Drink lots of water and be hydrated from the start. I always do this when I am going to trip.

Consider taking a ginger root supplement. I always take ginger root with mushrooms and it does help. Maybe drink some ginger ale.

1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and 4oz of water mixed together, down the hatch, and that can ease some stomach problems.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 5/15/2017 9:02:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think LSD realy 'interacts' with the stomach in the sense of causing any damage or anything. The whole human digestive system however, has more or less a whole nervous system of itself, wich depends on almost the same neurotransmitters as the brain does, including serotonin.

I find fresh ginger roots to be the best remedy against stomach issues. As far as i know, there are no health risks or side effects.

jma182
#4 Posted : 5/15/2017 11:42:45 PM

Better than a thousand useless words is one useful word, hearing which one attains peace.

Thanks for the tips guys, i will relay the info to my buddy, He's doing a new diet so that might be why this time was particularly tricky. hopefully by the next time we trip he does better Big grin

“Whoever, at any time, has undertaken to build a new heaven has found the strength for it in his own hell.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche

jamie
#5 Posted : 5/16/2017 2:18:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

If your friend really had colitis..they have an auto immune disease and need to see a Dr sooner than later. You can't get colitis from an acid trip...but trust me you can become hyper aware of it. LSD actually helps me with colitis symptoms and inflammation in general. See a dr
Long live the unwoke.

jma182
#6 Posted : 5/16/2017 3:58:43 AM

2headsARE1 wrote:
I too suffer from extreme reactions to LSD. I usually get very bloated, and it actually gets pretty painful. I'm not sure if this the same problem, but I can definitely relate. Okay, I might be alone here, but I'm going to be up front about what gives me relief. I find that an enema provides the relief needed when things get extreme. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I'd rather comfort, and being able to enjoy the experience, than to writhe in pain for most of it. The pain can be excruciating, so I found an extreme solution.

This probably isn't a viable option for most people, but it works when you're at home alone. The stomach reaction limits where I can take LSD.

I've tried all the basic things. Fasting before the experience, and eating tons of fruits/veggies in the days leading to it. I recently read that you can take Tums to help with it, and Pepto might help. I'll try to experiment with that in the future so I can hopefully find a way to take it in nature, or in public.

Yessss that's very close to what he relays to me, it would seem that a lot of people get super gassy from LSD and Shrooms, i got lucky and I dont get any of those effects, unless i eat crapdonalds or some analog and ruin it for a few hours. I'll tell him to consider this option if it gets to intenseThumbs up .
– Friedrich Nietzsche

Ulim
#7 Posted : 5/16/2017 11:05:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Something that works for my gut problems is scopolamine butylbromide.
Doesnt totally remove the pain though if the source isnt actual cramping of stomach and gut.
And no it doesnt affect your brain.

jma182
#8 Posted : 5/17/2017 4:16:12 PM

Ulim wrote:
Doesnt totally remove the pain though if the source isnt actual cramping of stomach and gut.

it would seem that the main problem he gets is gas and the inability to pass said gas, thanks for the info!!
– Friedrich Nietzsche

dragonrider
#9 Posted : 5/17/2017 4:55:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jma182 wrote:
Ulim wrote:

it would seem that the main problem he gets is gas and the inability to pass said gas, thanks for the info!!

I think that it may very well be that he doesn't 'get' gas from LSD or shrooms, but that the whole problem is the inability to pass it. In that case he thinks he 'get's' gas, mainly because it just accumulates until it becomes a problem.

I can think of two different solutions: the first one is to prevent gas from forming. The best way to do this is to not eat anything that's rich in fiber or starch.

The other solution would be to try something that causes the stomach and bowells to relax, because it's probably the constrictive effects of LSD that causes these cramps and the inability to pass gas. Scopolamine butylbromide could indeed help, but (oral) cannabis may also do the job.

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 5/18/2017 9:22:13 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Herbs that help with gas are of the type known as carminatives. They include dill, caraway, fennel and aniseed. Peppermint and camomile also help to calm the stomach. And, as said before, ginger is a winner!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

JuremaSpaceship
#11 Posted : 12/17/2017 7:38:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had a few lsd trips recently where I was extremely gassy and bloated almost the whole time. At first, I immediately started to worry that maybe I had gotten some "bad" doses, but other than the stomach pain they seemed normal. Then I told myself that it was probably just because I had eaten crappy foods that day or drank too much beer etc. I waited a couple weeks and took some more of the same doses to see if I got the same stomach issues, but this time I only ate very light (barely anything) for the whole day until dosing later in the afternoon. I had no stomach pains or bloating at all that time. So I figured that it really depended on what I had eaten/drank that day.

Then, last night I took a couple more (same stuff) and again I had some stomach issues. Not much pain this time but I had to use the bathroom every 1-2 hours. I don't have any more of those doses now but I'm still not sure what exactly was causing the problems. I've taken lsd many many times over the last 8 years and never really had that kind of reaction. Imho I think that I just need to improve my diet and then I probably won't have these issues.

And I'm gonna try the ginger root too next time!
Rug•Wall•Ceiling•People•Fruit•Music

obliguhl
#12 Posted : 12/17/2017 8:01:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

He is probably surpressing his symptoms while sober.

RAM
#13 Posted : 12/18/2017 4:33:05 AM

Hail the keys!

I often get stomach pains when using LSD as well. Usually these pains will come on exactly as I am coming up and will not go away until after I peak. I view this pain as part of the general uneasiness of coming up on any psychedelic, as they occur just as I am "losing my ego" or stepping out of myself.

Now that I am eating a better diet I would anticipate that these pains would not be as bad. However, they might just be the result of a nervous stomach when taking a mind and body altering drug. Overall I would echo the advice of eating better foods (less processed stuff) and drinking more water to mitigate the pain.
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

null24
#14 Posted : 12/18/2017 2:12:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Last time I dosed acid, it was after eating some bbq with a couple beers.

I spent the next eight hours examining the walls of a black hole made out of the bones of millions of spiders.

I won't do that again. Fast.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*